Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 7:19 PM
Default Replacing Inteen
I've used Inteen for years and like most aspects of it, but I know lots of people don't use it and I'm curious to know why.

What don't you like about Inteen, and what mods do you use instead? Do they cover most aspects of what Inteen does? I might be willing to switch if there's a good argument against using it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 8:11 PM
4 different Teen Woohoo mods for Sims 2: http://modthesims.info/journal.php?...SC&page=2&pp=10

I used InTeen for a few years but changed over to S2L teen woohoo mod because it did not conflict with any of the other mods I like to use.

InTeen age the teen to adult in teen body while pregnant and S2L leaves them as teens while pregnant.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
#3 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 8:16 PM
I remember reading some about Inteen back when I was searching up a way to have more control over romance actions. Partly I wanted to control who could cheat and when, and partly I wanted my sims to be able to do some things autonomously (like have woohoo or try for baby). While Inteen sounded interesting, there were a couple of major things that kept me from looking too much into it. One was that it seemed to conflict with a lot of other mods. Load order might be able to help some of it, but not all, and there would always be the worry a new mod might not work with it. That was more hassle than I really wanted to deal with. The other was that I would have needed to add flavor paks just to remove certain features. It didn't make sense to me that I would need to add more coding to do less. There might have been a few other reasons at the time, but those are the two major ones I remember.

I also found ACR 2 while searching and it handled those two things much better for me. It didn't conflict with anything that I could find outside of other romance mods (and it even worked with some of them). It also had pretty much everything easily switchable (on or off) or tunable (relationship thresholds, jealousy, etc.). With those hurdles out of the way, I read more about it, found it had a lot of other options I liked, and decided to go with it. It's pretty much handled those two things I started with, plus other actions, the way I've wanted.

Since I didn't get too far into reading up on Inteen and that was a few years ago, I'm not certain of everything it does and whether or not ACR covers them. I do know that ACR doesn't enable teen pregnancies, though it does calculate teen fertility if one wants to add a teen pregnancy mod to work with it. It also doesn't enable miscarriages, but again I believe there are mods for that that will work with it. It does have birth control and risky woohoo, the ability to set individual pregnancy odds, the option to set a sim as completely sterile. Hmm... that's about the range of my knowledge on what Inteen does! I think Inteen also has the option of making Independent Teens? ACR doesn't do that, though I have the Sim Blender that will (and I think the Sim Manipulator might as well).

As for whether it's worth switching or not, if you have Inteen set up the way you like it and it works in your game, I'm not certain it's worth it. It really depends on if you're looking for something that Inteen doesn't currently do or handle well, or if you're wanting more freedom in regards to putting in other mods. Aside from the well-known fact that it does conflict with a lot of things, I've not heard that it causes issues. Well, except for doing strange things to sims in Strangetown, but it has a way of fixing that built in.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 8:17 PM
I don't like it because it's too complex and when I looked on the site they didn't let you ask for how. I don't like unwanted pregnancy or miscarriage. Which site on the booty has S2L? There are a LOT! For the last couple on the link, BAS is unfortunately gone.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
I don't like it because it's too complex and when I looked on the site they didn't let you ask for how. I don't like unwanted pregnancy or miscarriage. Which site on the booty has S2L? There are a LOT! For the last couple on the link, BAS is unfortunately gone.

Direct link to S2L http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...s2/sims2living/

As for BAS yes its gone but Chris Hatch is here and I don't have the links to his mods but others do and may post the link here for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 9:40 PM
If he's here, it's likely on the adult sister to this site.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 9:46 PM
A lot of the things that come with Inteen I could care less about. I mainly use it for:
- teen/adult relationships
- pregnancy interactions with teen (talk to baby, rub belly, etc)
- teens do not forget their teenage loves when transitioning into adults
- fertility treatments
- birth control
- motive-triggered miscarriages
- miscarriage chances increase with age (female sims over 40)
- adult fertility decreases with increasing age (female sims over 40)
- adult multiplet odds increase with age (female sims over 40)
- allows university pregnancies

Flavour pack-wise:
- college admissions
- risky runaway
- risky sneakout
- silent pregnancy

Most of the mods I have use the Inteen-compatible version, but I know there are lots I can't use because of Inteen. If I could find something that would do all of the above I would be set!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
InTeen age the teen to adult in teen body while pregnant and S2L leaves them as teens while pregnant.

This would be really fantastic! That's one of my pet peeves about teen pregnancies.

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I also found ACR 2 while searching and it handled those two things much better for me. It didn't conflict with anything that I could find outside of other romance mods (and it even worked with some of them). It also had pretty much everything easily switchable (on or off) or tunable (relationship thresholds, jealousy, etc.). With those hurdles out of the way, I read more about it, found it had a lot of other options I liked, and decided to go with it. It's pretty much handled those two things I started with, plus other actions, the way I've wanted.

I really wanted to use ACR, but I wasn't sure how it would work with Inteen and I've been afraid to try it in case it totally crashes my game. With my luck that's probably what would happen.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite

A little googling found this mod which might be worth checking.
- fertility treatments
- birth control
- adult multiplet odds increase with age (female sims over 40)

These are all features you can get with RCC. If you don't want RCC, check here and here for the bottom three.
- college admissions
- silent pregnancy

These two I've isolated and shared here.

For miscarriage I know CJH's alternate pregnancy controller has that, IIRC wildchild uses that pregnancy controller as well, and someone above already linked to other teen pregnancy mods that might have some of the other stuff. ACR allows for teen/adult relationships, as has already been said, and you can easily turn off autonomy/tweak thresholds/whatever.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 11:38 PM
@Radium Thanks so much for the links! I can never seem to find things when I google them.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far. I didn't realize there were so many alternatives!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 12:27 AM
I've used Inteen for years and like most aspects of it, but I know lots of people don't use it and I'm curious to know why.

What don't you like about Inteen, and what mods do you use instead? Do they cover most aspects of what Inteen does? I might be willing to switch if there's a good argument against using it.

Why? Because I'm not interested in it. YA is soon enough for me. At least half of my teens don't even get their first kiss so woohoo is moot for them lol.

If I ever decide I need teen woohoo or pregnancy for a particular sim/story plot, I would use another mod because inteen clashes with lots of other mods that I really do want to use.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 12:59 AM
I would like to remove inteen but I've had it so long, I'm not even sure how.

Is there a description somewhere of the exact features of S2L teen woohoo mod?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz

Is there a description somewhere of the exact features of S2L teen woohoo mod?

Since the site is gone there is a read me file in each one once you download it.

Instructor
#14 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:52 AM
S2L doesn't work for try for baby or it conflicts with another mod (I deleted woohoo teens), but "get pregnant with ___" on the insiminator works for teens. All the way through delivery.
Inventor
#15 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:52 AM
I'll try to help with what I can and what I use with ACR (for things ACR doesn't handle).

- teen/adult relationships
Handled by ACR, though twojeffs made a companion mod to help attraction work properly. It can be found here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0

Not handled by ACR, but twojeffs made a mod called Teens Keep Loves. It can be found in the same thread linked just above.

- birth control
Handled by ACR.

ACR does have decreasing fertility, though I don't know what one would consider 'over 40' using Maxis default lifespan. I do know that if you use any mods that extend life stages, then you'll probably need to tweak ACR's fertility to properly work with them.

- silent pregnancy
Not handled by ACR. I use the quiet pregnancy mod by syberspunk found here: http://modthesims.info/d/108011

- pregnancy interactions with teen (talk to baby, rub belly, etc)
- fertility treatments
- motive-triggered miscarriages
- miscarriage chances increase with age (female sims over 40)
- adult multiple odds increase with age (female sims over 40)
- college admissions
- risky runaway
- risky sneakout

Not handled by ACR and I don't have any mods to add those functions. I do know there are mods out there, I just don't have any experience with them.

I see Radium has some mods on offer. While I don't use those specific ones, I do have other Radium mods and they work very well!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 4:57 AM
I might try that reduced fertility by Midge. Some form of birth control is the only thing I haven't found as a stand-alone but that will help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 4:58 AM
joandsarah77 Thanks for your input. That's the biggest con to Inteen, I think.

Coriel_Muroz I'm in the same boat. I don't know that I'd even know what the game is like without it!

marka94 Does S2L conflict with a lot of mods? To be honest I'd never even heard of it before you brought it up, so I know nothing about it.

Devon Aster Thank you! Your into is very helpful. It's nice to know there are alternatives to features I like. Do you know if the quiet pregnancy mod effects the autonomous try for baby feature in ACR?
Link Ninja
#18 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 5:14 AM
I never needed it. Teen pregnancy and miscarriages were not something I was mainly interested in. I got my YA/teen relationship interactions through an add/on mod suggested with ACR, along with birth control functions which was a nice perk. I basically use Sim Blender for most game manipulations I could want. By the time I heard about it, it was an outdated hack that clashed with many other mods, or so I read so I didn't bother with it.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#19 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 7:39 AM
Devon Aster Thank you! Your into is very helpful. It's nice to know there are alternatives to features I like. Do you know if the quiet pregnancy mod effects the autonomous try for baby feature in ACR?

Only in the way advertised, i.e. you won't hear any chimes if they succeed. ACR does allow you to turn on or off "Try For Baby Dialogues", which basically tells you if the couple succeeds in deciding to Try For Baby and then if they succeed in conceiving if they do try. It also tells you if a sim gets pregnant from Risky Woohoo. Which does kind of defeat the purpose of having a quiet pregnancy mod . I keep the dialogues turned off since I don't want to know.

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I got my YA/teen relationship interactions through an add/on mod suggested with ACR, along with birth control functions which was a nice perk.

Are you using the attraction one by twojeffs or a different one? I keep hoping there's one out there that restricts the romantic interactions to just teens/YAs, so my couples who are briefly separated by one entering college can still have dates and such.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 8:00 AM

According to the InTeen documentation I have, to uninstall InTeen you simply have to make sure you have no current teen-pregnancies in your hood(s) and if there are none, you just remove the InTeen files from your Downloads folder. Easy enough.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
If he's here, it's likely on the adult sister to this site.

Nope. He has an adult site that he posts on called mamba city. Can't link it because it won't let me access it.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 10:06 AM
I used to have it, but it conflicted with so many things... and did some weird things to the shipped playables, like making the game think Vidcund Curious and Oberon Gossamer were teens. I realised all I really wanted it for was teen woohoo, maybe a little teen-adult romancing, so I found other mods. Never heard of the S2L one though, might have to check it out.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 2:33 PM
joandsarah77 Thanks for your input. That's the biggest con to Inteen, I think.

Coriel_Muroz I'm in the same boat. I don't know that I'd even know what the game is like without it!

marka94 Does S2L conflict with a lot of mods? To be honest I'd never even heard of it before you brought it up, so I know nothing about it.

When I was running heavy mods no it did not conflict with any of them.

Now I only run fixing mods and still not conflict.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 8:53 PM
Okay, so let's say I remove inteen

I add S2L and teens can still woohoo but cannot try for a baby or accidentally get pregnant.

I add the Young Adult Mod that allows pregnancy and families on campus and my YAs can get pregnant, on purpose or by accident, and their kids can live with them on campus.

Can teens be made pregnant?
S2L's pregnancy seems to conflict with the YA mod, so that's not an option. I really love risky woohoo - I think if a sim is woohooing they are at risk of getting pregnant.

What features are then lost?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 9:39 PM Last edited by marka93 : 7th Sep 2019 at 9:49 PM.
Okay, so let's say I remove inteen

I add S2L and teens can still woohoo but cannot try for a baby or accidentally get pregnant.

I add the Young Adult Mod that allows pregnancy and families on campus and my YAs can get pregnant, on purpose or by accident, and their kids can live with them on campus.

Can teens be made pregnant?
S2L's pregnancy seems to conflict with the YA mod, so that's not an option. I really love risky woohoo - I think if a sim is woohooing they are at risk of getting pregnant.

What features are then lost?

I am not understanding what you are talking about teens can not try for baby with S2L teen woohoo mod.
My teens can try all they want to and it works great.

YA don't stay very long at collage in my game so I don't worry about trying to get them pregnant there.

You must put the files inside the ""pregnancy_enabler"" folder in the same folder as the S2L mod for your game set up and you can try for baby all you want to.

Page 1 of 2