Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:46 PM
Who is the most unlucky person?(begins with A and finishes with S)
My PI got rejected but i do accept the reasons.Indeed my graphics settings were to minimum and i did not put them to the maximum(game goes like a snail) so her outfit looked blurry..My screenshots were dark(darn that night!) and my comparison pic was an white-black cartoon..But why does her face need more sculpt?That's the strange of the letter...I thought she was unique!
Not sure if i should keep working on her,but i'll give a last try...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:08 AM
I believe you should give it another try!I think she's really great!BTW I'm Greek too!

What I do...I do it for friendship!
-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:09 AM
I believe you should give it another try!I think she's really great!By the way I'm Greek too!

-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 3:37 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM.
Really?Απο που είσαι?Ναι 8α προσπαθησω τι να πω...

trans:Really?Where are u from?Ok i'll work more on her finally..
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#55 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 10:12 PM
I hope you won't quit! I think you were on the right track, just work on her for a bit longer
#56 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 1:36 AM
Might I suggest that you work on one project at a time? I noticed that you have numerous threads going at once and focusing on one project at a time may help. ts about quality not quantity.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 12:20 PM
^ I totally agree.
I would concentrate on Poison Ivy first, as you have progressed the most with her, then upload her, and if you succeed - start on one of your other projects.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 11:23 AM
You are totally right guys!I was thinking of this that indeed i'm starting up many projects while i should focus on one...I will focus on her but now that summer school has started i wont have enough time...Never mind, i won't give up, thank you everyone!!!<3
Field Researcher
#59 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:38 PM Last edited by BSGirl : 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:10 PM.
Είμαι από Αθήνα!Εσύ?
Translation:I'm from Athens!What about you?

-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:23 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:18 PM.
Απο τον Πειραια!!!Χαιρομαι που σαρεσει η ΠΙ μου!!!
trans:I am from Piraeus, i'm really glad that you like my PI!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:45 PM
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the rules state that if speaking in another language you must provide an English translation below.

For example:
J'adore la mode!
Translation: I love fashion.

Anyways..any progress on Poison Ivy? :]

#62 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:03 PM
Yep, you can get in trouble. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:14 PM
Thank you,that thought was bothering ok i will.Unfortunatelly no progress in Ivy, my scedule is too busy(Summer school!)but now i'm making a detailed shedule of my summer time and i'm going to set some hours for working despite the fact that a good ''Simish'' work requires days not hours...:-(
I'll do my best the prob is that the photo i've based my PI is the black-white one in the first page and i have to choose a colored in as the letter says.That is blocking my progress anyway..I will resculpt her face(Maybe tommorow?) but i can see that not anyone can be...a creator :-(
#64 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:17 PM
Which photo did you chose? I'll look for a similar one in my millions of Ivy pictures.

You can also include a collage of colored and non pictures in a collage with your main one in the center.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:36 PM
Yes but my PI is based only in this image...the image is the no4 in my post (1st page) of my favourite PI images, thanks.
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 2:41 AM
I know, but they are no goin to just accept that picture. Put that picture huge in the center and put smaller, colored pictures around it. Just like here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366915
or here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=256239

But if you got rejected for facial, then collages are the least of your worries. Can you post the *exact* rejection message?
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 5:34 PM
I agree with Vampire, if you post the exact rejection message, we can help you more with the facial structure of Poison Ivy.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 7:31 PM
Is this allowed?Well...um...sounds ridiculus anyone can see this..
Oh, ok i will!!!

•Screenshots - Too Dark/Too Shadowed/Not Enough/Too Much Light
Your screenshot(s) are poorly lit. They are either too dark (taken at night or in poor lighting conditions) or too bright (over-lit to the point that details cannot be seen.)

Please take screenshots during the day in sunlight, or inside in a room with sufficient lighting to properly see what you have created. Be careful not to add too much lighting, as that can wash out the textures just as badly as darkness. Also, please set the in-game lighting to "Medium" or "High" before taking any indoor screenshots.

When photographing sims or objects, make sure the side you're taking a picture of is facing the sun or lights. When the light is behind your sim or object, it casts a shadow and makes it difficult to see the details of your content. When the sun is in front of your sim or object, it lights things up nicely so everything can be seen well.

TS2 Only: If you have Seasons, outdoor shots should be taken on a clear sunny day so rain or snow don't obscure the photos.

TS3 Only: Screenshots taken using external programs like FRAPS or the Printscreen key, when playing in fullscreen mode, will always come out horribly dark. Use windowed mode, or use the in-game camera in fullscreen mode, to get nice bright screenshots.

Please see Screenshot Basics for more information on taking better screenshots that comply with MTS standards.

•Sims - Screenshots: Missing Comparison/Required Screenshots
If you are creating a sim based on a celebrity or character: Please make sure to upload at least one comparison picture. Side-by-side photos with the sim and person they are based on in the same pose are preferred and best show how close you have been able to get the likeness of your sim.

For ALL sim uploads: All sim uploads, celebrity or just regular sim, require:
◦At least one neutral close-up of your sim's face. Neutral in this case means the sim needs to have a neutral expression, not smiling or making goofy faces. If your sim normally wears a mask, ninja hood, etc., please remove it for one photo.
◦At least one full-body shot of your sim (at least hips and up).

Sims of toddlers and children should include one adult comparison photo so people will know what the child will look like when they grow up. Toddlers or children that grow into ugly adults will not be rejected based on this - people should just know that your adorable toddler will look hideous if they let it grow up.

All required pics must be in-game: pictures taken in Body Shop or Create A Sim are not sufficient.

For examples of required screenshots on sim uploads, see that part of the Creator Guidelines.

•Textures - Pixellated/Blurry
Your textures are blurry or pixellated. Play with the sharpness settings in your graphics editing program to make sure your graphics are crisp, clean, and look realistic in-game. If you are using photos as textures, make sure you are using good source photos that are of a sufficient size for your project - you should be scaling down, not scaling up!

Sims 2 specific: For clothing, make sure you have read Faylen's clothing tutorials, and check to make sure Body Shop is not resizing/pixellating your graphics.

Sims 2 specific: For objects, you may wish to use a larger texture size for your object textures - make sure you keep the same aspect ratio (256x256 can become 512x512). If you find you are getting pixellation when importing your textures, make sure you are using the nVidia DDS Utilities, not the Import button, and you may try using DXT3 or DXT5 instead of DXT1. Remember that larger textures and higher DXT values create larger files and a greater strain on the game to render, so only use them when you absolutely must. There is information on obtaining the nVidia DDS Utilities and use of the Build DXT function on the tutorial by Numenor, Recolouring Objects with Object Workshop.

•Other reasons (these may be clarifications of above points, or additional reasons)
The face sculpt does need more work. I suggest that you look at a screenshot of your sim with no CC next to a screenshot of the default face base you used to work from. You have included a black and white line drawing as your preview pic. I recommend that you google for other images in colour and provide those as the comparison picture.
The leaf texture you have made for the face looks very blurred in your pictures. Looking at the pictures I think that the extreme blurriness of the screenshots may be a graphics card issue. The best way for us to evaluate the impact of your graphics card is to include maxis/EA items in the screenshots - perhaps a wall or a tree. Of course, we still cannot accept blurred screenshots as downloaders need to see what they are getting.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your graphics card. For taking screenshots, turn up the graphics for sims and object detail while turning everything else to its lowest setting. Put the sim on a small lot with minimal content to take your pictures. Set your game to run in a small window. This will put less strain on your graphics card. Do ensure you have sufficient lighting on the lot.

Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#69 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
I think all those things are easily fixed, especially with all the instructions and help the moderator gave you.

Biggest problem seems to be the face. Your sim *might* be a tad too perfect, in a sense that she doesn't have enough of unique features that would make her stand out. I'm not sure am I explaining this well, so for example, take Uma Thurman who played PI: she's gorgeous, but her face has a few twist and turns that make her unique. In my opinion, little imperfections are things that make someone beautiful. I'd try playing with the sliders more, I don't know what else to suggest, because that will depend on your personal taste, but I'd edit her lips, make her eyes more squint, things like that...

Simming is not always easy, but don't give up, practice makes perfect
#70 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 1:27 AM
I agree, most of the problems are easily fixed, but we need to start with her face. Without you making facial changes, this thread can't go anywhere.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:06 PM
I tried yesterdey to sculpt her face..the result was something worse than the first.I simply can't edit her more it's not i am not willing(cause i am)but i've made her with a way that now a little change requires many other bigger changes and the overall look will be quite different from the first..Then it's too difficult for me to see little details..I can't do anything more if the moderator doesn't consider her face unique, i've did my best and despite that think of the fact that PI is a DC hero that her look differs from image to image!Everyone makes her the way he wants and DC it's own has changed her many times in games and comics...Now if the moderator thinks she is not unique he had better take a look around the google and see that my PI is a sim that everyone that sees it says ''Oh, Poison Ivy''!(My friends did.)

I'll try to edit her again but if i fail i gonna abandon this project.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#72 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:27 PM
You seem to be stuck in a thought that if you make her any different she won't be PI anymore. Now, I understand you have your own image of her in your mind, but you have to adapt that image to the requirements this site has set. The problem isn't that the real thing looks different from picture to picture, the problem is that the sim itself simply doesn't stand out as much as it should. I don't mean to sound harsh, I really want to help you to get her accepted. I think you will have to make a compromise

If you don't know how to make her more unique, I suggest selecting a real person picture to work off. Just pick a few photos of women you think are pretty and unique. Pick a part of their face you think would fit PI and then try to transfer the feature to your sim. It might work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM
But that women won't be PI and it is required to include a real character image..Sometimes we must hear our heart and not the rules..My aim was not to get her accepted as a sim that i don't like it and was not going to have him as result but as a creation that is made with all of my love.If the only solution to get her accepted is to change her face completely and make her with strainger, that for me is fail and not success..
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#74 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:21 PM
I'm sorry, if your sim is not getting accepted and making her look any different is not an option, then I am afraid that I have nothing to suggest (except that you try to tweak her without doing any major changes).
Instructor
#75 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:24 PM
I can feel your stress because I know how much you love your creation, however I have to agree mistyblue, she does look rather plain and doesn't stand out a huge amount.

No one is forcing you to make changes but if you do want her to be accepted then you will have to make those changes. I know at the moment you think you don't want to, but once you have edited it and is good enough to pass through MTS very high standards you will feel very proud of your creation. We are here for suggestions not to tell you how to exactly change something so the creation will be pretty much be completely yours.

Anyway whatever you decide to do good luck on this creation or any other ones you do
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 3 of 8