Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:41 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 20th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM.
Default WCIF Long Sleeved Wedding Dresses And/Or Accessory Wedding Jackets/Shrugs?
I am vaguely considering making an "Alaskan" style 'hood, where the weather would be very cold pretty much throughout the year. I have been able to find quite a lot of suitable clothing (though I have had to re-categorise a lot of stuff), but I am struggling to find climate-appropriate wedding dresses.

I am looking for white (or possibly ivory) wedding dresses with full length sleeves, full length skirts and, if the shoes are visible, preferably fairly sensible, low-heeled shoes. I really need outfits for adults, but I would like a couple of options for elders, too. So far I have only found the following four outfits which I can hopefully use - does anyone know of any others? I have looked at the dresses on All About Style but I would prefer something more Maxis-match.

Boutique Imaginary's wedding dress (the bottom one on the page).
Wicked Poppies' Kate Middleton wedding dress.
Wicked Poppies' Bella's wedding dress.
Rented-Space's fancy fur dresses.

I would also like to find white long-sleeved shrugs, jackets etc for adult females which are accessories (rather than clothing) so that they could be worn over the top of a strapless wedding dress. Does anyone know if anything like this exists? I have found a white recolour of General Zoi's short leather jacket accessory - found here, by SynapticSim, which might work, but I would prefer something a bit more formal looking!

**ETA** I just found this beautiful accessory fur coat by Bun. And this 3t2 fur coat accessory by Trapping. I'm happy now! If anyone knows of any other similar accessories I would still love links, though!

As always, links/suggestions etc are much appreciated! :-)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:07 PM
Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for, but at least quite a choice:

Lidignata has a variety of wedding dresses:

http://lidiqnatathesims2.webs.com/brides.htm

There are also some wedding dresses under her 1920 theme.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:23 PM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
**ETA** I just found this beautiful accessory fur coat by Bun. And this 3t2 fur coat accessory by Trapping. I'm happy now! If anyone knows of any other similar accessories I would still love links, though!

Did the Trapping link work for you? It says it's dead for me.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:47 PM
Drop Box again - ugh

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 1:56 PM
A working link for Trapping's fur coat accessory is here http://simfileshare.net/download/196782/.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Did the Trapping link work for you? It says it's dead for me.

Sorry, no, it didn't work for me but I remembered that someone had uploaded loads of Trapping's files and I found it by googling. It's the link which PenelopeT gave in the post above this one.

Thank you for the suggestions Justpetro and Farrah96, I have found quite a few different things now, and I will be able to use short-sleeved/sleeveless dresses with those accessory jackets/coats as well :-)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:52 PM
Thanks!
Theorist
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:14 PM
I'm back with a link to more long sleeve wedding dresses, with updated meshes (added morphs). Dresses http://zeussims.tumblr.com/tagged/wedding-dress and updated meshes http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...ding-dresses-by.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard