Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM
Default New W.I.P. would love (and need) as much support as I can get!
"Okay okay... I am actually going to do it (I tell myself for the uptenthBILLION time)... I am going to make a dang world and see it all the way to the end. the "PERFECT" world. I want kings and knights and I'm going to use NRAAS's caste system and I am going to have a storyline... Blah blah blah."

^^^^^^^^

I tell my self this ALL of the time! Every time I start one of these years-long projects my computer crashes or some other crazy thing happens or I just walk away from it because being an adult sucks snickerdoodles. But not this time. This time... out of fear that I would jinx myself... I have been working on a world without telling anyone. Secretly building multi-lot palaces in the dark of night. Saving EVERYTHING and backing EVERYTHING up. I am on my 20-somethingth save now. And I feel that MAYBE... Just maybe I am going to see this one to the end! So here goes...

The idea behind this world was to make the best map possible for a period piece royal or dynastic challenge. Inspired heavily by my love of Game Of Thrones and Baroque and gothic architecture, This map is really coming together better than any halfpipe world I have tried to make before.

Here is the thing... I know VERY little about CAW. Except I know NEVER touch the "c" key or it will crash. lol. So I need help and motivation!

Here are some pictures...

Okay... Yes I kinda <3 Mont St Michelle. So that was clearly my motivation for what you see in the far distance. The cathedral on top I have to credit to the original builder (I'll find their name) but I did recolor and enlarge the lot it was on. More about that later...

So here is my version of a "king's landing" type walled city.

I really stressed hard to make sure the walls didn't look redundant. I have used the round city walls 3 times in this world so far but molded them into the landscape and other wall segments that you are not distracted by them.

As you can tell I am not putting many roads in this map. The idea is to make it more realistic so there are going to be very narrow walks around the city. It is not my plan to have this world purely set in a medieval era. But it is definitely a medieval city. But perhaps set in the early 1900s. Not sure on that yet. I could use some feedback. I just don't want random service cars and NPCs to rip you out of the fantasy when they come walking or driving by looking like normal 20th century peeps.

I also kind love these planters I made along the walls. I was struggling to find something that would render from a long distance and these work BEAUTIFULLY!

Entrance into the harbor

These two lots out in the water are going to be one large ship when I am done with them!

Bellow is a kind of lift that will bring trade goods to the top of the cliffs.

I am going to use the smuggler's hideout right around this lot somewhere. I like the idea that the crime happens right under the Keep. Plays into the idea of corruption.

To make the castle larger I placed the rabbit hole on top of a 5 story castle. This thing is massive in-game.

The map you might notice was originally Monte Vista. I LOVED how seamless the terrain paint and the distant map were so I highjacked it for this build. Deleted everything and reshaped the terrain to my liking and then re-painted the new flatlands created by demoing the mountain. Once everything was leveled out I cleaned up the new coastline, re-routed the river into a smaller stream, and built up the land under the castle and The Holly Citadel. (That's what I am calling it right now).

Also... I will show you those other lots you see spotted around the map. Currently, I do not know where they are all going to be placed. I just placed them in flat areas randomly to work on them. Not sure where their final location will end up. And if you have sharp eyes you will notice that they seamlessly rest on two 64x64 lots each.

This grassland is going to be a village and the king's forest but was originally where the mountain in Monte Vista set.

Now for the good stuff....

Okay so here is The Holly Citadel. Only the one lot at the top has been started but it has MANY lots on it. When I am done there is going to be chambers for all of the Cardinals and monks and such. I am trying to make it a mashup of Mont St Michelle and the Hanging Gardens of Babalon. It is going to be COVERED in greenery. Unlike the capital which is going to be mostly paved over with stone and dirt when I am done with it.

You can see in this pic how it is right on the very edge of the map. But in-game you can hardly tell. It really does look beautiful.

Okay... So the whole point of this build was to make a world with a caste system. I am building two very large estates and some medium-sized estates and some smaller estates. Ranging in size from 1to4 64X64 lots in size and the surrounding lands.

Duke (Duchess) ... 4 lots
Marquess (Marchioness) ... 3 lots
Earl (Countess) ... 2 lots
Viscount (Viscountess) ... 2 lots (but smaller)
Baron (Baroness) ... 1 lot

In addition, there is also going to be 8 or so merchant class homes in the city. Only one is 64x64 and the is the "Merchant King" who lives near the castle. "All roads lead to the Merchant King." If you go back and look at the layout of the city you will spot that lot. I am planning a very elaborate setup of families and will have a full storybook-style biography for each. Including the "family words." Another idea stolen from Game Of Thrones.

Below are shots of the two largest estates. Remember they will likely be moved to another spot on the map. I will also include some shots of the rooms inside soo you will have an idea of how I build. Enjoy...

Okay... SO this was the original build of the Chateau but the world was sadly lost. However, I did back up the lots in-game so I still had them. I decided to go from a large house with surrounding red brick walls, to a full-on OVER THE TOP palace.

NOTE: THIS WAS A PIC FROM THE OLD MAP

Then I took this lot...

And put them together to make this...

Can you even see that country manor house tucked in there now? Lol

Once I make up my mind where it is going to be I will add all the surrounding landscaping and lots similarly to how it was before.

And now MY house in-game. Currently, I play this lot and it has grown and grown and grown. Started as a church... Then made it bigger into a castle. Then decided to upgrade it to a palace. And now I am adding large wings on either side in this CAW map. If you look closely at the roof you can still see the old cathedral that used to sit right in the middle. This is by far my FAVORITE build of mine because it is just so lavish and even has a crypt under it from the church. My Sims have been in this lot for nearly a real year and many generations. It is currently dubbed "Abbey Hall" and has 6 functional, livable floors.

The doors to the original church... now occupying an inner hallway.

The chapel remade into the great hall

The old buttresses make for beautiful hallways that surround the chapel all the way around. Making the home very easy to navigate.

The newer palatial addition on the front of the home brought with it this new grand staircase in the foyer.

The first addition to the church was a medieval castle on the back. That is when this rear alcove was made into a throne room. It is rather small to host many people but makes use of the ceilings to scare the pants off of anyone who wants a private audience.

The old library tower now serves as the state dining room. The upper floors still host books and a reading room was added to the 2nd floor next to the tower with access to the book collection.

It now comes with menus and staff... I mean... Who wants to cook when you live in a palace???

One of the MANY bedrooms

So one other thing I am doing with these builds is putting the wall sign thingy from World Adventure in each room to add historical context to the rooms. Tell you when it was built and what events took place there.

Here is some of the things I need help with:

*Understanding .ini files and how to edit them. (I want Monte Vista lighting and Ilse Paradiso water and everything else THANKS! )
*I think there is a way to make NPCs not look like regular ol' people??? Like make it so that they dress a certain way???
*I need to learn more about NRAAS master controller and how to use the caste system better.
*I need to know how to package my CC so into one upload for people to access.
*I need to learn how to upload a saved game file so that all my families and such populate the world.
*And I want to know what kind of characters yall want to see! Help me develop the storyline!

So far I have a few game-play ideas. The Nobel caste system (including courtiers and ladies in waiting) headed by the king , the holy order headed by a pope-like figure, "the king's guard" headed by a general, and a Mercantile system for non-rich nobles headed by the "Merchant king". There is going to be an orphanage, a nunnery, the monastery, Knights Templar, and an entire service and peasant class. Anyother ideas?

And most of all I need love and support to keep me motivated to finish this!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:53 AM
I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS! I love how you mixed up the Egyptian stuff in a medieval atmosphere, it really looks fantastic.
Your decorating style is amazing. Can't wait to see more updates!

About .ini files, you can check this thread. But I suggest you to use color ramps with .ini files, like in this thread.

And about populating, I'd say pre-populating a world is better than a save game (this is my personal choice of course). You can do it by NRaas' mods. More info here. I tried it by myself, it's not too hard.

Hope I helped!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS! I love how you mixed up the Egyptian stuff in a medieval atmosphere, it really looks fantastic.
Your decorating style is amazing. Can't wait to see more updates!

About .ini files, you can check this thread. But I suggest you to use color ramps with .ini files, like in this thread.

And about populating, I'd say pre-populating a world is better than a save game (this is my personal choice of course). You can do it by NRaas' mods. More info here. I tried it by myself, it's not too hard.

Hope I helped!

Thank you! That did help!
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:08 PM
I can make a package for you with the Isla Paradiso water and the Monte Vista weather for you! I have done it before with one of my own worlds. What kind of camera flythrough did you want, it is the way the camera moves when you first open the town. Because your town is right near the water I think the Starlight Shores one will work best but you let me know.

After you download it, it will be very simple. Download S3PE to start. I will tell you the rest when you let me know what camera flythrough you want, and when I make the package for you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:15 PM
Default EA World Weather, Watercolor, Lighting, Camera Flythrough, etc.
Here are some weather packages I have made before with the weather, lighting, watercolor, flythrough, etc. from each EA world. After you download them you simply import them into your world file in s3pe.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EA World Weather - Copy.zip (324.7 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM
I don't know if this is allowed here. It's too awesome. Might be unfair to everything and everyone else that isn't as awesome.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous! A note might be that you have an unusual mix of trees - fir, palm, and deciduous are not usually all together like this. I love your planters! Keep up the good work!
dodgy builder
#8 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amaxtx
Here is some of the things I need help with:

*Understanding .ini files and how to edit them. (I want Monte Vista lighting and Ilse Paradiso water and everything else THANKS! )
*I think there is a way to make NPCs not look like regular ol' people??? Like make it so that they dress a certain way???
*I need to learn more about NRAAS master controller and how to use the caste system better.
*I need to know how to package my CC so into one upload for people to access.
*I need to learn how to upload a saved game file so that all my families and such populate the world.
*And I want to know what kind of characters yall want to see! Help me develop the storyline!

So far I have a few game-play ideas. The Nobel caste system (including courtiers and ladies in waiting) headed by the king , the holy order headed by a pope-like figure, "the king's guard" headed by a general, and a Mercantile system for non-rich nobles headed by the "Merchant king". There is going to be an orphanage, a nunnery, the monastery, Knights Templar, and an entire service and peasant class. Anyother ideas?

And most of all I need love and support to keep me motivated to finish this!

It looks lovely. I see some cfe as well. Do you have lots of troubles with floating tiles?

1. Making your own ini files can be troublesome. You might want to go for an environmental or lighting mod instead, like for instance: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod
2. You can make them and dress them like you wish if you prepopulate the world, but they might not stay that way. TS3 likes to change the dress on a random basis. There might be some mods out there though, you can take advantage of.
4. Package your CC very can very fast go against each creators tou. If you like to upload here, you can't do that at all. Many other sites has the same kind of rules. You might also end up in arguements with creators doing it like that. They might report you to whatever site you upload your world to, which might result in your hole account being taken down. If you like have full controll of what content you use though, converting all to package files, might be a good idea.
5. The difference between prepopulate and a save game is rather important. A prepopulated world takes more time for you to make, and keeping track of your characters might require some logistical skills. That way you can just upload it to people included the sims, no need of a gavesave and world file, and it will be new and fresh for the player. No need to install any save. A prepopulated also means you get to cheat skills and traits to characters as you please, included some special effects like curses or whatever, and then place them in the world later on. It means you can make the characters first and import them to the file finished and readymade. Give them a job if you like, set them up as townies and NPC as you please. If you make a savegame, you actually have to start up the world and put the families in it, and pack the save as an external file.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:18 AM
WOW!!!!!! I love how you have done the harbor and the walls. So many amazing builds. I look forward to seeing more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:24 AM
Hey everyone. Thanks so much for the help, inputs, and advice. I will reply back to each of you soon!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:05 PM
:O indeed & the sum up in 1 word:

WOW

So much time into the details, so in style of the 1400/1850 period in Europe (where they hauled treasure in from 4 example Egypt, from Roman emperors till Napoleon they all did). All the combinations are well thought and worked out.

Know the feeling very well (created a lot of lots & towns to practice for a final end map). Often I created more modern stuff but made a Pirate island and Egyptian world as well (just as Castles and a "ok" Louvre (3 Lots with 1 of them garden And pyramid with view to basement lvl-1). Where i can hit the spot for a modern resort or (very) High rise, I just became jalous because you hit the spot just right (amazing for Sims 3 standards).

I might not have these skills for historic detailed work in this age BUT I know a lot of building tricks (for example: creation of caves in parks/nature without any walls and doors visible; Large(r) underground area's (and there I can hit that level you showed here, egypt, europe, asia, maya...), Using lots to create custom walls, practical use of CAW (& game)

Just as the people replied before you're work is amazing, the building, the idea of a final perfect world, GOT inspired = all speaks to me And all I can say 4 now is keep up the good work!!! If you have an idea which you can't figure out > be free to call @me & I will help where/how ever I can!

Extra ideas (thought of them but never worked them out because I missed the world to place them (all pretty simple if comparison with your work):

The Wall (with snow north, mud/green south)
Iron Islands (3 Castles on peaks with thight bridges between them = thought of 5 lots(or 3, 2x with bridge)
Fort Boyard (Link 2 Google ImageSearch)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackC.
I can make a package for you with the Isla Paradiso water and the Monte Vista weather for you! I have done it before with one of my own worlds. What kind of camera flythrough did you want, it is the way the camera moves when you first open the town. Because your town is right near the water I think the Starlight Shores one will work best but you let me know.

After you download it, it will be very simple. Download S3PE to start. I will tell you the rest when you let me know what camera flythrough you want, and when I make the package for you.

Thanks! I will let you know once I am closer to finishing about the flythrough. And I REALLY appreciate your offer to help by putting together the ini for me. That helps a lot because I am clueless! I could use a recommendation for some water colored terrain paint to use that will complement the Isle Paradiso water. If you or anyone else has any good links to share on that let me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
This is absolutely gorgeous! A note might be that you have an unusual mix of trees - fir, palm, and deciduous are not usually all together like this. I love your planters! Keep up the good work!

You know, I actually thought about this a lot already. Specifically the use of palms. I really only use them around the castle and The Holy Citadel because the LA palms really help pull your eyes up and complement how tall those buildings are. Same thing with the Very Tall Fir and the Italian Cypress. And the Ancient Oak is also really large in scale and fits well where a fuller tree is needed. I used them because they aesthetically fit well but you are right that they (specifically the palms) look out of place. I figure that a trading city like this might import such things from abroad. I have a lot of trees left to plant along the beach and a whole forest that will go in the center of the map. Any recommendations on trees to use for both locations on the map that will merge the two general themes (tropical/Italian) would be appreciated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It looks lovely. I see some cfe as well. Do you have lots of troubles with floating tiles?

1. Making your own ini files can be troublesome. You might want to go for an environmental or lighting mod instead, like for instance: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod
2. You can make them and dress them like you wish if you prepopulate the world, but they might not stay that way. TS3 likes to change the dress on a random basis. There might be some mods out there though, you can take advantage of.
4. Package your CC very can very fast go against each creators tou. If you like to upload here, you can't do that at all. Many other sites has the same kind of rules. You might also end up in arguements with creators doing it like that. They might report you to whatever site you upload your world to, which might result in your hole account being taken down. If you like have full controll of what content you use though, converting all to package files, might be a good idea.
5. The difference between prepopulate and a save game is rather important. A prepopulated world takes more time for you to make, and keeping track of your characters might require some logistical skills. That way you can just upload it to people included the sims, no need of a gavesave and world file, and it will be new and fresh for the player. No need to install any save. A prepopulated also means you get to cheat skills and traits to characters as you please, included some special effects like curses or whatever, and then place them in the world later on. It means you can make the characters first and import them to the file finished and readymade. Give them a job if you like, set them up as townies and NPC as you please. If you make a savegame, you actually have to start up the world and put the families in it, and pack the save as an external file.

Thanks so much for all of that. Yes, I have learned to stay FAR away from painting ceiling tiles and using CFE because of that dang glitch. As a matter of fact I just recently stripped away the ceiling tiles on Abbey Hall and they are just default white right now. That helps a tremendous amount with floating tiles. Also, the problem seems to stem more from in-game builds. It seems that the builds made in CAW's Edit In Game don't seem to have that problem (yet).... I am sure as I do more work on these mega homes I will end up with such bugs that I have to fix. The main resolution I have had success with is making sure leave ceilings white.

Here are the two main questions I have about prepopulating a world...
1) How? lol
2) Can I create relations between lots? Meaning.... Can I have a wife on one lot be from a family from another? When people first open the game I want there to be preexisting relations to work with. I take it this is possible as EA does this. "The Gay Gatsby" for example in Roaring hights I thought was a fun relationship twist they offered.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anno2015
:O indeed & the sum up in 1 word:

WOW

So much time into the details, so in style of the 1400/1850 period in Europe (where they hauled treasure in from 4 example Egypt, from Roman emperors till Napoleon they all did). All the combinations are well thought and worked out.

Know the feeling very well (created a lot of lots & towns to practice for a final end map). Often I created more modern stuff but made a Pirate island and Egyptian world as well (just as Castles and a "ok" Louvre (3 Lots with 1 of them garden And pyramid with view to basement lvl-1). Where i can hit the spot for a modern resort or (very) High rise, I just became jalous because you hit the spot just right (amazing for Sims 3 standards).

I might not have these skills for historic detailed work in this age BUT I know a lot of building tricks (for example: creation of caves in parks/nature without any walls and doors visible; Large(r) underground area's (and there I can hit that level you showed here, egypt, europe, asia, maya...), Using lots to create custom walls, practical use of CAW (& game)

Just as the people replied before you're work is amazing, the building, the idea of a final perfect world, GOT inspired = all speaks to me And all I can say 4 now is keep up the good work!!! If you have an idea which you can't figure out > be free to call @me & I will help where/how ever I can!

Extra ideas (thought of them but never worked them out because I missed the world to place them (all pretty simple if comparison with your work):

The Wall (with snow north, mud/green south)
Iron Islands (3 Castles on peaks with thight bridges between them = thought of 5 lots(or 3, 2x with bridge)
Fort Boyard (Link 2 Google ImageSearch)

You know... I thought about going into the whole G.O.T. map making mode but I have seen other's try and it always fails to deliver because of the size limitations on the map. Representing a continent just can't be done when working in CAW. So for that reason no... I did not do anything to symbolize the ice wall. The thought had crossed my mind. Also, the distant terrain would just be green on the other side. In my mind, I am trying to create something that, in a way, invokes thoughts about King's Landing. G.O.T also pulls a lot from Egyptian and other Eastern Cultures. So, I think in this Kings Landing-esc city you can get the feeling of GOT even though it is not a litteral representation of it.

But something that will make you happy ...

I do have a very "rocky" cliff area near the castle where I am contemplating a coastal castle build. Architecturally I am leaning to something similar to The Eyrie with a large domed roof. Across the map, there is another outcrop where I plan on building off the cliff and into the water. Haven't wrapped my mind around how I am going to do that one yet. Routing becomes an issue that I am trying to solve for on several build ideas that I have. The large ship is definitely going to be one of those issues. I mean yes... you can just teleport on and off the ship but that is not nearly as fun. Similarly, two bridges to connect the Iron Islands would not really be used to traverse the rout by the sims. I do not believe they will rout across a lot to get to another. I might be able to use a small bridge like the one I have to cross the river. It actually might look really good but won't have the same feeling that I know you are talking about. But I bet I can do something with that idea...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:09 PM
You know, 2048x2048m is actually pretty big for a map where the go-to mode of transport is walking or horseback. I bet it's bigger than The Sims Medieval's map. So I wouldn't be too worried about the size. Make it nice and detailed, and I'm sure it'll be big enough. Can't wait to see the end result.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You know, 2048x2048m is actually pretty big for a map where the go-to mode of transport is walking or horseback. I bet it's bigger than The Sims Medieval's map. So I wouldn't be too worried about the size. Make it nice and detailed, and I'm sure it'll be big enough. Can't wait to see the end result.

About that... Do horses route on sidewalks??? I am trying to remember and I can't.

And yah I am not worried about the size at all. Just saying that if I was really going to go all out on making G.O.T it wouldn't be big enough for that. But It is perfectly sized for what I am trying to do.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM
They prefer sidewalks, but they'll walk anywhere else too. At least, if I remember correctly.

Oh and FYI, I'd settle on a specific era and theme if I were you. You can't really make a world work if you don't know what it should be, and what it should look and feel like.

insert signature here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
They prefer sidewalks, but they'll walk anywhere else too. At least, if I remember correctly.

Oh and FYI, I'd settle on a specific era and theme if I were you. You can't really make a world work if you don't know what it should be, and what it should look and feel like.

Yah I have a firm grip on what I want in my head. I was talking more hypothetically with the other poster (Had I gone more litteral G.O.T. with it). Some of the individual builds are not set in stone but the theme as a whole I have down pretty solidly. It is not intended to be realistic so I have some flexibility.

On that note...

If anyone has wardrobe ideas for the characters and NPCs let me know!
I feel that the fashions in the city might be different than the country nobles. And of course, the peasants will be dressed accordingly.
And there will also need to be a dress for knights and for nuns and cardinals and the "pope" (who needs an appropriate title???)

Helping me imagine these things will help me with the over all style!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM
Lots of browns. beiges and off whites for the peasants, lots of fur and silk for the nobles. Obviously you'll need to look at real life examples similar to the style you're going for here. I just Googled "15th century european fashion" and it came up with more than a few good examples. Or try "kings landing fashion". "dutch renaissance" gets you a ton of paintings, of people.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Anno2015 : 6th Feb 2018 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by amaxtx
Routing becomes an issue that I am trying to solve for on several build ideas that I have. The large ship is definitely going to be one of those issues. I mean yes... you can just teleport on and off the ship but that is not nearly as fun. Similarly, two bridges to connect the Iron Islands would not really be used to traverse the rout by the sims. I do not believe they will rout across a lot to get to another. I might be able to use a small bridge like the one I have to cross the river. It actually might look really good but won't have the same feeling that I know you are talking about. But I bet I can do something with that idea...

Don't feel obliged to do so (if inspired it's fine I just saw the class & style to be able to make them nice; like you said it's difficult but you hit it with every building I saw above!!

You're right with the statement above; Sims won't use the bridges (except when they go to the neighbour I often made bridges with buildings on them (maybe you've seen the newest version of the movie "3 musketeers -> in Paris as London they build houses on bridges in that age) but also an entrance of a town between mountains (military as wall like) = never crossed by a sim; they choose roads/sidewalks(or terrain) above crossing a lot 4 routing = if there is a way by road they take that one, even when it's a far longer route. (if I remember; you can guide them through a public lot by sending the sim to that lot and then to then next lot (to cross)

BUT that doesn't mean it isn't nice as decor

For the ship you can use a simple solution = build a small platform next to it (with tiled bridges from the ship to platform -can use CFE to make them sloped). With a platform you can place a way to dock a boat..... I think I've got a rowboat downloaded from somewhere = can look it up if you want to!

p.s. clothes with colors instead of browns where more expensive because of the use of paints to color them (where just dried plants -or skin- is often brown); blue red (&purple) where most expensive -> for the fun search 15th century paintings and you'll see the same = large area's blue, red or purple where expensive

p.s.2 Seen your use of egyptian colums: U can use the Arc de Triomph as a gate between mountains (or in a harbour)