Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:13 PM
From what you've written, I would guess that where you went wrong was:

1) You say you imported the jacket as LOD0 but that you re-imported the original earrings meshes as LOD1 and LOD2?? They have to all be jackets, not a jacket mesh for LOD0 and then earring meshes for the other LODs. That will definitely crash the game! (Also, you need a LOD3 as well as 0, 1 and 2 for accessories.)

2) You saved the package but then opened it again to add the textures and then saved it again. I'm not sure this is a good idea - it's best to add everything at the same time. I've found that re-opening a package created by CTU and adding or changing things, tends to lose some details when re-saved (check your file sizes of both files - the re-saved one may be smaller). If you do re-save a file with CTU, you need to choose 'Save', not 'Save As' - if you choose 'Save As', you WILL lose some of the previous details in the package, as I've found out the hard way!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:17 PM
There are 2 texture files you need to change, the base and the specular texture, and when you want more then one recolor option the mask.
1st, stick to the original texture file sizes, 512x512 in this case!!(not 256x128)
2nd, also fix the lightning file.(clothing specular) You can use the base texture for it if you like with some highlights in them.
3rd, Do not change the overlay texture!!
4th, you forgot to give you mesh boneassignements.
I am not sure wat was causing the crash but i suggest you find out yourself this time
Start over, it aint that hard.
And follow my advise, do the mesh first and test ingame.
Then fix the textures and test again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 11:38 PM
Well thanks EsmeraldaF ill see if that's the problem

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 11:39 PM
ok dude :P
but i already restart .. about 3 times .. and i used to crash ..
ill use your advices and ill see what will happen ..
thanks

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 12:10 AM
i did what you told me EsmeraldaF and it didn't work ..
and i did what you told me Base1980 . and it didn't work too .
i didn't change the textures at all so i can test it .. but it didn't work ..
i don't know what's wrong ..
maybe i should wait for a tutorial
Right? > :D

Sockpuppet
#31 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 12:46 PM
Quote:
1) You say you imported the jacket as LOD0 but that you re-imported the original earrings meshes as LOD1 and LOD2?? They have to all be jackets, not a jacket mesh for LOD0 and then earring meshes for the other LODs. That will definitely crash the game! (Also, you need a LOD3 as well as 0, 1 and 2 for accessories.)

The game will not crash when loading difrent meshes in the LOd boxes
I told her when she positioned the first mesh she could make low poly ones for LOD1 and 2(for the gun) later.

Also saving the package later doesn't give problems, just do not use ''save as'' after reopening a package with custom meshes attached.

I cloned the earrings and attached the sweater to the lod0 box, the earringslod1 to the lod1box and earringslod2 to the lod2 box and the mesh shows up fine in CAS.....

So you must have done something wrong with linking the meshes or it is caused by the sweater not having boneassignements as i did fix that first.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:07 PM
It worked for you? Good !
but how can i make bone assignments ? i don't have the default Skeleton ..
Thanks for helping!

Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
The game will not crash when loading difrent meshes in the LOd boxes

So you can have a jacket as LOD0 and earrings as LOD1, 2, and 3 all in the same package without crashing the game? That's really surprising! So, when you zoom out, the sim will just switch from wearing a jacket to wearing earrings, and it won't crash? That might be useful for various special effects.

Also saving the package later doesn't give problems, just do not use ''save as'' after reopening a package with custom meshes attached.

Yes, that's what I said - always 'Save' rather than 'Save As' when re-saving a package, otherwise you will have problems, as I found out the hard way!
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:22 PM
I agree EsmeraldaF when i use save as .. i lose some data ..
so i use Save .

Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:24 PM
Thanks BASE 1980 !!
I set the bone using Milkshape 3D ..
from the joints part ..
Thanks! It worked!

Sockpuppet
#36 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
So you can have a jacket as LOD0 and earrings as LOD1, 2, and 3 all in the same package without crashing the game? That's really surprising! So, when you zoom out, the sim will just switch from wearing a jacket to wearing earrings, and it won't crash? That might be useful for various special effects.!

Yup, but i am not sure on sim low detail settings tho!
When a lod0 is the high detail mesh, there is not a lod3.
Some accesoires have Lod0, lod1 and lod2 while others start with Lod1, lod2 and have a lod3.
And i still think Delphy made a mistake with linking the boxes.
If i clone a accesoire with Lod1 as high detail mesh and put it in the correct box, it wont show up ingame.
You must use the Lod0 box for the hig detail mesh.

Yes, that's what I said - always 'Save' rather than 'Save As' when re-saving a package, otherwise you will have problems, as I found out the hard way!

srry, me bad....did read it in a hurry.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 3:02 PM
Yup, but i am not sure on sim low detail settings tho!
When a lod0 is the high detail mesh, there is not a lod3.
Some accesoires have Lod0, lod1 and lod2 while others start with Lod1, lod2 and have a lod3.
And i still think Delphy made a mistake with linking the boxes.
If i clone a accesoire with Lod1 as high detail mesh and put it in the correct box, it wont show up ingame.
You must use the Lod0 box for the hig detail mesh.

That's interesting to know - I've been making my accessories with LOD0, 1, 2, and 3, because I thought that was what you're supposed to do as there are four boxes in CTU. I'll try making them with just 0, 1 and 2 and see what happens - it would be less work since you only have to make three versions of the mesh and not four!
Sockpuppet
#38 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 4:31 PM
That's interesting to know - I've been making my accessories with LOD0, 1, 2, and 3, because I thought that was what you're supposed to do as there are four boxes in CTU. I'll try making them with just 0, 1 and 2 and see what happens - it would be less work since you only have to make three versions of the mesh and not four!

First thing i do is extract the meshes when in CTU, then you know wich Lods there are and wich to load in the boxes.

Bella, i was playing with the jacket(or sweater) but its not really going to work.
It doesn't work with the sliders so pretty limited to use.
If you are a bit more advanced you can clone a pants and convert it to accesoire.
import its morphs, change all morphs and meshes to the jacket and make new Bgeo's for it.
Challenging i must say...wish i had a bit more time to try this out.
Page 2 of 2