Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 6:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game not picking up on my Nvidia graphics card?
FYI: I've done all the graphics rules fixes, added my Nvidia card to the videocards.sgr, etc.

However, my game (Ultimate Edition on Origin) is only recognising the integrated Intel graphics and not my dedicated GPU. How can I make the game use the Nvidia card?

Many thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 7:29 PM
You may have to manually set it in the Nvidia control panel. That's what I had to do, anyway.

For me the settings got a bit screwed up after a while, so I had to set the Nvidia card as the main card when I wanted to play, and change back to automatic after.
Alchemist
#3 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 8:39 PM
Did you try right clicking the game shortcut and choosing Run with Graphics Processor? I didn't notice that myself for a long time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:05 PM
^ That's the first thing to try (but like I said, after a while TS2 for some reason locked on the integrated card, so I had to find a way around).

If it doesn't work, try the "change graphic processor" option to manually set the game to use the Nvidia card as default (you can change each program).

If that doesn't work, you may have to do what I had to do (manually set the graphic card to the Nvidia card as default for the laptop every time I wanted to play, and change back after playing)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 12:43 AM
I got the game to recognise my Nvidia game card.

I opened the 'Graphic Rules Maker' program, got it to generate the 2 files, but I didn't save over mine. I went to the 'Video Cards.sgr' tab and fiddled until I found 'my game card' at the bottom of the Nvidia game cards list. Then I copied and pasted it into my own file. Making the Graphic Rules Maker do it automatically doesn't always work. So as long as you know how to use the program, and you just copy it as you see it straight into your file, it should be okay. Doing it manually helps you get familiar with it and you can also learn how to customise the files for yourself in the safest way for your computer. Also, no one has mentioned this but the Graphic Rules Maker, I feel maybe needs an update, to try to compete with Origins constantly changing client. So doing it manually for your computer is the best way to start for now.

It should work!