Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 11:34 AM
Default UV maps
Hi,
I am a new CC and I am looking for UV maps to sort of know what I am doing.
Is there a way to extract UV maps for the long gloves (Maxis), or has anyone done that yet?
I found out that in fact it is a body suit, think of the possibilities!

Thanks,
Lzzles
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 2:32 PM
Extract the UV map how? As a set of coordinates or as an image of the map?

UV maps are sets of X, Y coordinates for each vertex in a mesh. The long gloves are done as textures overlaid on the body, so they don't have a mesh and therefore no UV map.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 2:34 PM
I guess theoretically one could get a mapping template of a sim's body if you wanted to see in detail what you were doing on the texture? Has anyone made any? Is it even possible to export a sim mesh?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 6:15 PM
Extracted body meshes and UVs have been available since TS4 first came out. Here's a set of extracted sim body meshes in .obj format: http://sintiklia.tumblr.com/post/93...ies-from-sims-4 . Someone also posted UV maps of male and female bodies back then but I can not remember where I got them - here are copies, with my thanks to whoever it was that posted them (you can also just make your own by importing a body mesh into Blender and exporting its UV map from there).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  UV_GUIDES.zip (1.35 MB, 454 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 7:56 PM
This sticky http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=540377 in Resources has a list of body meshes/textures -- maybe the post you’re thinking of is among them?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 8:09 PM
Thanks, I did take a look there, but wherever I got the UV maps from is not among those. It was a year ago and I just can not remember for the life of me. If I do find out, I'll post the actual link (but that may be lost to the mists of time - I couldn't re-find it by Googling). But as I mentioned, it's easy enough to produce one's own UV maps by using Blender to export them, thankfully!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 4:19 PM
UV maps can also be exported by LithUnwrap from obj or Milkshape ms3d.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:19 AM
Thanks!