Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:06 PM Last edited by lennoxlovexx : 5th Jul 2018 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Misspelling

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Entire computer freezes during gameplay
Okay so I've been trying to figure out what's causing this for months and I can't figure it out. I'll play the sims 2 on my hp laptop and at random my entire computer freezes up and nothing I do unfreezes it. The keyboard buttons don't work at all while it's frozen, it's not my computer because it doesn't happen ever when im not playing the game, it only happens while I'm playing it. I'm very confused and would really appreciate some help. I am completely and utterly stumped.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lennoxlovexx
Okay so I've been trying to figure out what's causing this for months and I can't figure it out. I'll play the sims 2 on my hp laptop and at random my entire computer freezes up and nothing I do unfreezes it. The keyboard buttons don't work at all while it's frozen, it's not my computer because it doesn't happen ever when im not playing the game, it only happens while I'm playing it. I'm very confused and would really appreciate some help. I am completely and utterly stumped.

Your laptop may be getting to hot and locking up on you.
Sims 2 demands a very high amount of video and most older laptops can not handle the game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Your laptop may be getting to hot and locking up on you.
Sims 2 demands a very high amount of video and most older laptops can not handle the game.

Do you know anything i could do to prevent this? What if i pointed a fan at my laptop? Sorry, i use computers but i don't really know much of anything about them.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 25th Jan 2018 at 9:37 PM.
Do you know anything i could do to prevent this? What if i pointed a fan at my laptop? Sorry, i use computers but i don't really know much of anything about them.
You might look into getting a heat sink that can be placed over your GPU, I don't know if that's still a thing. And/or look into getting a more powerful fan *inside* your laptop. I know they used to sell these cooling devices you could place on your lap or desk, then put the laptop on that, not sure how well they worked. I might just try a frozen gel pack, like you would use for back pain, under your laptop while its on your desk, but that may be a terrible idea if there's lots of condensation. Anyone got other ideas?

[edit] I used to do the gel pack thing on top of my iMac a few years ago when it got hot. It helped, just had to mop it up once in a while.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
You might look into getting a heat sink that can be placed over your GPU, I don't know if that's still a thing. And/or look into getting a more powerful fan *inside* your laptop. I know they used to sell these cooling devices you could place on your lap or desk, then put the laptop on that, not sure how well they worked. I might just try a frozen gel pack, like you would use for back pain, under your laptop while its on your desk, but that may be a terrible idea if there's lots of condensation. Anyone got other ideas?

I'm just gonna try pointing a fan at my laptop, right now i can't really afford a heat sink or fan for my laptop lol, heopfully the fan should be a good temporary solution.
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:38 PM
I'm just gonna try pointing a fan at my laptop, right now i can't really afford a heat sink or fan for my laptop lol, heopfully the fan should be a good temporary solution.

Try a gelpack under it too, if you happen to have one already in your freezer.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Try a gelpack under it too, if you happen to have one already in your freezer.

Hello again, it's been a good while since i had this problem. I got the money together to get a really good cooling fan and ever since i started using it my computer hasn't locked up at all. Thanks for y'alls help! Cheers