Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:27 AM
Cruel Intentions - 10 / 10

I love this movie! :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:35 PM
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Superhero

∞ / 10

I was glued to every bit of this. You don't even notice how long the film is because there isn't any part that is dragged out. I had a full bag of Doritos to eat, and I didn't even open them because I was busy watching the movie!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Alchemist
#103 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 10:09 AM
There are the films i have watched this week.

A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story - 7/10
The true story of Gwen Araujo, a young transgendered woman who was brutally murdered by four men in 2002. It was a very movie and touching story,it shows what the family goes through and what the child has to deal with while growing up in the wrong body.this is a true story and i did not know that till the end and Gwens mom is helping to fight the rights of trans peole everywhere.

Chalet Girl - 4/10
It's clichéd and completely predictable at every moment. Whether or not this will bother you or not is entirely down to your tolerance for the romantic-comedy genre. I personally would classify it as a perfectly watchable movie.

Gray Matters - 6/10
They finish each other's sentences, dance like Fred and Ginger, and share the same downtown loft--the perfect couple? Not exactly. Gray and Sam, are a sister and brother so compatible and inseparable that people actually assume they are dating. Mortified, they both agree they must branch out and start searching for love. This is your not normal lesbian film at all it did not follow the normal storyline which is good,It a story about a girl named Gray who discovers her sexuality you see her go through the transition and she falls in love with her brothers wife.it is a film i would so watch again.

21 Jump Street - 6/10
A pair of underachieving cops are sent back to a local high school to blend in and bring down a synthetic drug ring. its a very funny films and i laughted alot of the way through it and it speaks for itself really thats all i could say.

Water Lilies - 6/10
Summer in a new suburb outside Paris. Nothing to do but look at the ceiling. Marie, Anne and Floriane are 15. Their paths cross in the corridors at the local swimming pool, where love and desire make a sudden, dramatic appearance.a very captivating film about the discovery of sexuality by three teenage girls. The magic of the movie lies in its capacity to bring back many memories to how it felt like to be their age.The music is perfect and the acting is amazing. The camera works beautifully also.

Because I Said So - 5/10
A meddling mother tries to set her daughter up with the right man so her kid won't follow in her footsteps.a funny and cute film about a mother medding in her youngest daughters life,it was very predictable but worth watching because it was funny and cute.

Center Stage: Turn It Up - 4/10
this film was not as good as the first one the acting was ok but it was predictable,it is about a young girl who's dream is to go to the american ballet school.The ending was still cute even through i saw it coming.

Make It Happen - 5/10
Embarking on a journey to fulfill her dreams as a dancer, a young girl discovers a new style of dance that will prove to be the source of both conflict and self-discovery. i love dance films and have found they mostly have the same storyline this one included,apart from that i enjoyed this film i have watched it so many times.

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 9:01 PM
Mirror Mirror - 7/10

Dramatisation of Snow White. Acting, script and costume all a bit meh, but good, entertaining and a happy ending. Perfect for a lazy Saturday afternoon

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Alchemist
#105 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 5:17 PM
^ i have seen mirror mirror and i rated it before i thought the same thing as u,but i did not really like the ending part.

These are the films i have seen this week.

Tomboy - 6/10
A 10-year-old girl, settling into her new neighborhood outside Paris, is mistaken for a boy and has to live up to this new identity since it's too late for the mistake to be clarified.Its a very touching tale about a 10 year old girl who sercretly wants to be a boy and trys everything she can to be that.the reaction on her mother was very touching and it shows how sweet and inocent children can be,it had me hooked all the way through.

Wrong Turn - 5/10
Six people find themselves trapped in the woods of West Virginia, hunted down by "cannibalistic mountain men grossly disfigured through generations of in-breeding." It was an ok horror film it reminds me abit of The Hills Have Eyes.It was funny in parts but none of the deaths made me laugh and i was not shocked or anything about this film,it is a good film to watch to pass the time. (by the way i love horror films and the best ones make me laugh at the deaths)

Show Me Love - 6/10
Two teenage girls in small-town Sweden. Elin is beautiful, popular, and bored with life. Agnes is friendless, sad, and secretly in love with Elin.Its a sweet story about two young girls discovering there sexuality and all the things they have to go through,it made me smile and the ending was so sweet.Also it shows how teenage life can be.

Your Highness - 3/10
When Prince Fabious's bride is kidnapped, he goes on a quest to rescue her... accompanied by his lazy useless brother Thadeous.I thought it was quiet a boring feel and the only reason i rated it so high was because Natalie Portmen was in it,she was the best part of the film.

TED - 7/10
As the result of a childhood wish, John Bennett's teddy bear, Ted, came to life and has been by John's side ever since - a friendship that's tested when Lori, John's girlfriend of four years, wants more from their relationship.It is a funny story about a guys relationship with his teddy and how that effects his life,it had me laughing and smiling and shouting at my screen,i would have rated it higher but i found the voice of Ted annoying.

The Truth About Jane - 7/10
Jane, a high school teenager, tries to deal with the discovery that she is a lesbian after developing an intense friendship with another girl who makes her discover her true sexuality.This film shows what lesbians and gays have to go through and how some people hate them and would not even allow them to have certain jobs,it shows how a young girl falls for her friend and how that effects her family life and her relationship with her so called friend and it shows how some people can be caring.

Avengers Assemble - 6/10
Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.This was a good film i loved the graphics,it did go on for along time but it did keep my attention.i loved the little one liners that made me laugh.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Scholar
#106 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 6:06 AM
The Dark Knight Rises

8/10

It was better than I was expecting. As much of a Batman dork as I am, I wasn't a huge fan of the previous Nolan films, but I liked this one much better. It's still got some problems, though. The actions sequences are boring, and there isn't really anything to break up the constant tension. There's always something going on, and it's an almost 3 hour long movie! The implications of the actions and opinions of the protagonists are somewhat worrying. But the movie does a great job at pulling together the trilogy and tying up loose ends. This makes it fairly epic, and somewhat satisfying.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 7:39 AM
"Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection"

5/10 - It was just wasn't as funny as it could of been and the plot wasn't that great either. It had a few funny moments, but most of the movie was a snooze-fest.

"Ted"

4/10 - It was funny for the first half of the movie, but after that, the movie just took a wrong turn. What could of been a great comedy movie, was destroyed by a shitload of unnecessary drama.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Test Subject
#108 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 9:33 PM
"Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master"

7/10 - I liked the new characters of the film, and the inner struggle of the new final girl, but Freddy is overkilling it with his comedy.
Alchemist
#109 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 9:53 AM
The Films Since The Last Time I Posted

But I'm A Cheerleader (1999) - 7/10
A naive teenager is sent to rehab camp when her straitlaced parents and friends suspect her of being a lesbian.This was a very cute and funny tale of where a teen girl finds out who she really is and who she really loves,I could not help smile at the ending and laugh through the film.

The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love (1995) - 6/10
An adventurous love story between two young women of different social and economic backgrounds who find themselves going through all the typical struggles of a new romance.I thought i would not enjoy this film but i really did,it shows how love can change people and make them better and there love is so sweet and pure and how they over come it all.It kinda reminds me abit of my love life.

Brave (2012) - 7/10
Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse. This was funny which i was not expecting at all and it looks real but fariytale like at the same time. It shows how a mother can really love her daughter no matter what and shows the working of the family in some funny ways.

Mom at Sixteen (2005) - 6/10
Pregnant sixteen year old Jacey's well-meaning mother forces her to keep the birth a secret and decides to raise the baby as her own.I have always liked this film and the first time i watched it it made me cry and smile both at the ending.

And Soon the Darkness (2010) - 6/10
When two American girls on a bike trip in a remote part of Argentina split up and one of them goes missing, the other must find her before her worst fears are realized. This film was abit boring in part but was overall it was good and i liked guessing who the kidnapper was and i was right.

The Cabin in the Woods (2011) - 6/10
Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods. The concept of the film was good but the overall film was ok but i would not watch it again because the ending was not good.but i liked the only bloody bit in it.I think they could of changed a few bit to make it more intresting.

The Hunters (2011) - 2/10
A new police officer wants to meet up with somebody in an abandoned fort in the woods. What he doesn't know is that the place also serves as a meeting point for a group of hunters - whose prey aren't animals. The only reason i watch this film in because it had one of my favourite actresses in it but overall the film was very disappointing,nothing really happends and the script was boring i thought the plot would have been good but it was not.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Instructor
#110 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 12:16 PM
I don't watch many movies. It takes a lot to convince me to sit down and watch however - I did go see the Batman Dark Knight Rises - I liked it better than the original Dark Knight so I'd give it an 8.

I also found my old childhood favorite movie, the Neverending Story, which I would rate about the same, not because it was 'amazing' but because it made me feel like a child again, and I will always and forever adore the movie I used to watch over and over and over again when I came home from elementary school.
Theorist
#111 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 3:54 AM
White Hunters
http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=iFq2...Q&feature=mv_sr

This is a movie outside of Hollywood experience. It succeeds in being what it is, which is funny, but is also unintentionally hilarious many times. So if you've never seen a Nollywood movie before then it's good to start here.

Starting from 10:
-1 for being so pretentious
-1 for not really being specifically about being a hunter searching for white meat like the theme song implies, but more about gold-digging any rich man who isn't black
+1 for no profanity / nudity
-1 again for being so pretentious
-1 for being so gloriously bad
+1 for theme song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcv93XNN8mY
Final Rating: 8/10
Theorist
#112 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 8:08 AM
Brave 9/10

What can I say? Realistically flawed characters, funny interactions, great show of Archery technique, and most importantly, the impressively amazing animation renders.
Instructor
#113 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:00 PM
I watched "Mirror Mirror" yesturday, and I can honestly say it was the worst film I've ever seen. First of all, the actors were increadibly insincere. Snow White was a classic "damsel in distress" who 'surprises' everyone by becoming a 'warrior' (yes, all the quotation marks are nesessary)
Secondly, her eyebrows were so huge that I couldn't keep my eyes off of them.

The film was so extremely un-original that I just wanted to tear my eyes out. Poor comedy, bad actors and a weird Bollywood dance at the end awards "Mirror Mirror" a -1/10
Theorist
#114 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 7:12 AM
The Fellowship of the Ring & The Two Towers (extended version)

∞ /10

Watched the extended versions of the first two parts of the LOTR trilogy. It was pure epic in term of characters, plot and visuals. Although some of the fantasy background looks like it's painted on a screen, the beauty is so astounding that not even modern movies, with their improved technology and visual effects, can surpass it.
Mad Poster
#115 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 4:02 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 15th Sep 2012 at 4:12 AM.
Circumstance - Drama - 2011
9/10

Very good film about 2 teenage girls in Tehran who run afoul of the morality police. It was hard to watch though and made me feel a lot of rage.

The Rain People - Drama - 1969
8/10
Early film of Francis Ford Coppola. A Long Island woman, feeling trapped by her pregnancy, drives away from her marriage, and heads across country. There's a lot about this film that's brilliant. Not knowing what she wants, Natalie Ravenna finds herself enmeshed in the lives of 2 men she randomly encounters. Great performances by Shirley Knight, James Caan and Robert Duvall.
Alchemist
#116 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 11:46 AM
Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) - 6/10
A worldwide epidemic encourages a biotech company to launch an organ-financing program similar in nature to a standard car loan. The repossession clause is a killer, however. Its not your normal musical it was dark and had some gore in it,i enjoyed watching it and it had some great songs and the storyline and acting where great.

Boot Camp (2008) - 7/10
A group of at-risk teens are sent to a what they think is a rehabilitation program on Fiji, but it's really a prison-like camp where kids are abused and brainwashed. I watched this film because it had my favourite actress in it but i thought it was going to be rubbish but it was not it was great and it was very touching and i cant believe things like this really happen,i enjoyed it so much i really want to watch it again the storyline was great and great acting to,i could not fault it.

What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012) - 7/10
A look at love through the eyes of five interconnected couples experiencing the thrills and surprises of having a baby, and ultimately coming to understand the universal truth that no matter what you plan for, life doesn't always deliver what's expected. i was expecting this film to be better and funnier because of all the hype,but i must say it was a good film and it did have some funny parts in it but there are some things i would have changed but overall it was an enjoyable film.

Ma vie en rose (1997) - 8/10
Ludovic is a small boy who cross-dresses and generally acts like a girl, talks of marrying his neighbor's son and can not understand why everyone is so surprised about it. His actions lead to problems for him and his family. this film touched my heart i felt so bad for hows his parents treated him because he was really was a girl,the acting and storyline was great and the boy who played Ludovic played him so well and made me believe every moment,it was such a great film.

The Loved Ones (2009) - 4/10
When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge. this film was meant to be scary and really good but i found it really disapointing,the acting was not good at all,when Lola tried to be evil or scary she was not they way she acted just made me laugh,the plot of the film was a great idea but they way they done it could have been way better,but its one of those films u would just watch and laugh at how not scary or good it is.

Empty Sky (2011) - 5/10
Brought together by music, two high school girls, Samantha and Taylor, begin a secret romantic affair. But when Taylor?s mom corners the girls, Taylor seems unwilling to protect the relationship, leaving Samantha to decide if it is worth her heartache to preserve it as she leaves for college. this film was so good and the storyline was great and so was the acting i would have rated it higher if it was longer because it was only 9 mins long i think they should make this into a long film.

Girl in Progress (2012) - 5/10
As single mom Grace juggles work, bills, and her affair with a married doctor, her daughter, Ansiedad, plots a shortcut to adulthood after finding inspiration in the coming-of-age stories she's reading for school. i dont have much to say about this film it was good and everything but there is something about it which makes me not to want to rate it higher but it was a good film.

Katy Perry: Part of Me (2012) - 6/10
A documentary that chronicles Katy Perry's life on and off-stage. it was a great look into her life i enjoyed watching it and u get to see how she really is and how her life effects her.

August Rush (2007) - 7/10
A drama with fairy tale elements, where an orphaned musical prodigy uses his gift as a clue to finding his birth parents. i loved this film so much great storyline and acting, i would have rated it higher but i found it predictable but its such a great film and i really enjoyed it.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Test Subject
#117 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 10:20 AM
Recently, I've watched Resident Evil 5 in theater with my friends group...This part is much better then the previous parts which seems too cool with awesome graphics & storyline..
Instructor
#118 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:34 AM
Fright Night (2011)
Eh.

Fright Night (1985)
YEAH!! I love old horrors!
Theorist
#119 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:53 AM
Return of White Hunters 2
http://www.youtube.com/movie/return...ture=mv_e_rel_b

Wow, what has happened to this series? Unlike the three previous pleasant short comedies, this deviant of the quadrilogy dives into black magic and gets wtfbbq fast. Other movies know how to mix in light humor with horror and keep the funny pleasant. This is not one of those short films. Starting from the scene where a live, kidnapped baby is buried at midnight as a ritual, you would think it can't get worse, but it can and does. It can still be hilarious, but not in the harmless way as the previous films. This is dark funny and you need a generous bit of schadenfreude to enjoy this downright bizarre mess! In defense of it, it's probably because it had a different writer / director.

Starting from 10
-1 for midnight baby burial and other mischief never done before in this series
-1 for ruining all the main characters
-1 for ending the series in bizarre mayhem and unnecessary desperation
+1 for bad, guilty comedy ( it's hilarious, but it a dark way, unlike the previous films )
-1 for wtf all over the place
Final Rating: 7/10
Scholar
#120 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 4:05 AM
Stuck - 3/10

It's basically about this chick who's a nurse and she runs over this guy on her way home from work one night and he gets stuck in the windshield. Instead of calling the police/taking the guy to hospital, she makes a bad life choice and decides to hide his still alive body in her garage because getting a promotion at work is way more important that helping an injured person.

The movie is dumb, but the acting is good for a laugh.
Theorist
#121 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 7:22 AM
I think they stole that story from a real life incident of a young nurses aid named Chante Mallard who was drunk and high on X when she hit and ran someone who got stuck in the windshield. So she drove home and let him take 2 or 3 days to die in her garage. After it hit the news these stank inbred stormfront bigots from the south and midwest wrongly announced she was black because of her name.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/fr/641815/posts
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 7:21 PM
Resident Evil: Retribution:

9/10

I really liked the plot, the action. And being in 3D just made it all the worth wild. It was a really good movie. Though the ending was very interesting. I do like who they got for Jill Valentine. And Ada Wong and Leon Kennedy. However, I wish Alice would just get out of the movies. If we all remember, I can't remember which game, but Alice had ONE appearance, and that was it. Alice is like the main character throughout the entire movie series -.-" Still a good movie. And one of my favourite singers from Japan, Mika Nakashima, kicked ass. And had a longer roll. I squealed.

But yes, a really good movie So, yeah 9/10 because the ending was frickin...Well, different, and didn't make a lot sense. >.> You have to see it, to understand, I mean because one of the people makes it out. ((And this is the same girl that played in Orphan as the deaf girl. An amazing actress))

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#123 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:03 PM
Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

30/10.

Seriously, if you've ever enjoyed the show or that type of humor, your brain will fall out of your head. It's so awesome.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Alchemist
#124 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 11:11 PM
Wide Sargasso Sea (the 1993 version)... 10/10, because holy shit, I never thought I could enjoy a modern era set film, ever.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Theorist
#125 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 2:25 AM
Dredd- 6/10, it was overall alright, but not worth the $11 I have to pay for it. Alright, I'm probably biased because of it, and it's my fault for going on weekends (when movie tickets are more expensive), but I'm still sore about that loss of money.

Loopers- 4.8/10. The plot is plain weird, and it's not executed properly. Threads are left hanging, and the ending sucks.
Page 5 of 38