Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:41 AM
King of the Nerds, or something of the nerds. It's like Survivor, except that it's Nerdvivor, it's the orange team vs the blue team, the voting eliminations are 'Nerd Offs,' and they live together in a house like Real World. All the drama to be had so far has been light drama, such as someone getting mad and calling another person's actions a 'dick move.'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
King of the Nerds, or something of the nerds. It's like Survivor, except that it's Nerdvivor, it's the orange team vs the blue team, the voting eliminations are 'Nerd Offs,' and they live together in a house like Real World. All the drama to be had so far has been light drama, such as someone getting mad and calling another person's actions a 'dick move.'

I'd love to watch this. This seems like my kind of show. It's like Big Brother for nerds

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Theorist
#28 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:45 AM
Channel 247 TBS if you have DirectTV
http://www.tbs.com/shows/king-of-the-nerds/

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ6XU75KJOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odit-e1_Xvw

Don't believe those 'fighting' shots, it's far more tame than those edits.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Channel 247 TBS if you have DirectTV
http://www.tbs.com/shows/king-of-the-nerds/

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ6XU75KJOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odit-e1_Xvw

Don't believe those 'fighting' shots, it's far more tame than those edits.

Too bad I live in Australia and not America. We can't get TBS is Australia. I'll just watch it on youtube when I get a better internet connection.

Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:09 PM
I don't watch too much TV. I find a lot of it insults my intelligence.

I'm sure there are other fans of this one, but I really like Dr. Who.

I also like the Star Trek series. I especially liked Deep Space 9. I really didn't have the attention span to watch it when I was younger, but last year I went through the whole series in a few months. I love the political themes in the series.

Star Trek Enterprise was OK, but it can't live up to the other series. The same is the issue with Voyager. The two are good TV shows on the scale of TV shows, but just don't live up to the standard set in the earlier series.

If anyone has seen the recent Marvel Motion-Comic miniseries set (Most of them are direct to DVD releases, and some are available on Netflix Streaming. As a note, these are not appropriate for young children.) I also like all of the DC/Marvel Comic based series and specials that were produced by Dark Horse animation. I also like The Batman, but the later seasons really weren't as good when they started trying to make the show more appropriate for children.

I like a lot of anime. I especially one series with strong political themes. Ride-back was incredible.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:15 PM
Default pic related
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 8:19 AM
That's So Raven

In my opinion, its the best show Disney ever had and will continue to be the golden legacy. Good Luck Charlie takes TSR's place for this generation.
Theorist
#33 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 3:40 PM
Just finished Homeland Season 2. Gonna start Dexter Season 7 tomorrow.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 11:56 PM
The Vampire Diaries. SO OBSESSED. Along with that, The Walking Dead. nhhhhhh season finale up ahead
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 2:41 AM
I watch LOADS of TV shows, just series to be honest. Weirdly enough, I don't even watch TV but I watch them on the internet. Right now I'm watching or waiting for new episodes of:
- New girl
- Big bang theory
- How I met your mother
- Modern Family
- Doctor Who
- True Blood
- Breaking Bad
- Game of Thrones
- Walking Dead
- Californication
- Spartacus
- Sons of Anarchy

Yeah, I think that's mostly it, I also watch a spanish Tv series called Flaman and Skins and Misfits... oh, and Futurama and the Simpsons now and then. Luckily I'm studying audiovisuals and I'm told to watch series so I kind of have an excuse for all this insanity.

I don't watch almost anything that is not a series, with the exception of an spanish program I love. I don't watch any reality shows or things like that either.
Theorist
#36 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 8:00 AM
Don't know what the rest of you are watching, but DirectTV is awful. It seems that every 5 minutes of show is matched with 5 minutes of ads. I will be on the schedule screen and see a show that I want to watch right now... bam, advertisement. Also, too much advertisements to the point where they cut out from the show at a bad time really has to hurt the ratings.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:47 AM
I am now currently obsessed with the TV show TJ Hooker. I'm planning to buy it on DVD, when I find a place in Albury that sells it.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 8:37 AM
Has anyone seen Portlandia? It's a hoot! That said, I've only seen it a couple of times.

Mostly I keep watching Buffy over and over again.

Then there's Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey. People mention Star Trek. I was a huge Star Trek fan back in the day but am Trekked out for the moment.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 2:47 PM
Now that I've watched the entire Hercules: The Legendary Journeys series on Netflix (I wish I was joking...), I've become obsessed with Downton Abbey. I'm also pretty excited (or should I say, "psyched" ) for Psych to return.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Has anyone seen Portlandia? It's a hoot! That said, I've only seen it a couple of times.

Mostly I keep watching Buffy over and over again.

Then there's Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey. People mention Star Trek. I was a huge Star Trek fan back in the day but am Trekked out for the moment.

Hooray, another Star Trek fan. I just re-watched the new Star Trek movie last night. I still prefer the original movies though

Mad Poster
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 9:45 AM
Really? I preferred the original show to most of the original movies. The first one was especially bad. It felt like a regular show that went on and on without content. I don't even remember the ones after that that I enjoyed, other than The Voyage Home. That one is classic! I think the one where they go to the edge of the universe and back was interesting, but I didn't enjoy anything with Khan in it. The movies with The Next Generation cast were much better, even Generations, which included characters/cast from both series.The new Star Trek movie was wonderful! I kept the feeling of the original show and was true to the characters. They're making a sequel soon, too!

The original series was pure magic. I used to watch it as a kid and think, "I could go there!". I had a crush on Spock. I liked many of the series that followed, but never got into Deep Space Nine. The one about the days before the original show were innovative. You? Which series did you like?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:29 AM
Really? I preferred the original show to most of the original movies. The first one was especially bad. It felt like a regular show that went on and on without content. I don't even remember the ones after that that I enjoyed, other than The Voyage Home. That one is classic! I think the one where they go to the edge of the universe and back was interesting, but I didn't enjoy anything with Khan in it. The movies with The Next Generation cast were much better, even Generations, which included characters/cast from both series.The new Star Trek movie was wonderful! I kept the feeling of the original show and was true to the characters. They're making a sequel soon, too!

The original series was pure magic. I used to watch it as a kid and think, "I could go there!". I had a crush on Spock. I liked many of the series that followed, but never got into Deep Space Nine. The one about the days before the original show were innovative. You? Which series did you like?

I'm also a fan of the Original Series. I had two favourite characters, which were Dr. McCoy and Scotty. My least favourite series was also Deep Space Nine, apart from Worf and Chief O'Brien
I agree with you that the first Star Trek movie was bad, but my least favourite was the Shatner-directed Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
Plus I'm not a fan of Data's death in Nemesis.

Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 11:34 AM
I forgot that Data died. Did you enjoy Insurrection? I love the scene with Data flying rebelliously away and singing a piece from The Pirates of Penzance with the Captain. So many of the scenes in that were brilliantly filmed.

Back to TV shows. I liked many of them from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. I'm catching up on Due South and Northern Exposure. I used to really love Quantum Leap.

Sitcoms work for me because they are short and clever. I don't like how every sitcom these days has most of its humor rooted in sexual innuendo. It gets old, but I still watch them because that's what we've got. Many of the elements of Big Bang are wonderful. I liked Seinfeld, Mash, Frasier, All in the Family, I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies, Cybil, and the like better than most of what's on today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:29 PM
I just watched an episode of mash just before on TV. My sister tried to change the channel on me.

Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of Dexter but the last season ended in december, currently watching Supernatural, Being Human and Big Bang Theory.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:11 AM
People rave about Dexter, but I had a hard time getting through the first episode. It's ...terribly violent and cruel, or he is. I hear the story is gripping, however.

Inventor
#47 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ripleyrawr
That's So Raven

In my opinion, its the best show Disney ever had and will continue to be the golden legacy. Good Luck Charlie takes TSR's place for this generation.

I never got into That's So Raven, but I love Good Luck Charlie!

Quote: Originally posted by danianddan
I just watched an episode of mash just before on TV. My sister tried to change the channel on me.

I like MASH too, Clinger has always been my favorite character.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
I like MASH too, Clinger has always been my favorite character.

Klinger's my third favourite. I thought it was funny when he tried to eat a Jeep. My second favourite is Frank, and my favourite is Hawkeye.

Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:48 PM
People rave about Dexter, but I had a hard time getting through the first episode. It's ...terribly violent and cruel, or he is. I hear the story is gripping, however.

It's awesome, he's a serial killer but in a good way.He kills people who got away with murder etc.

Love it that much I've even named my middle name as Dexter on facebook.
Alchemist
#50 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:08 PM
ATM I watch Scrubs, HIMYM, TBBT and some documentations about the world could end. I freaking want Sons of Anarchy to be launched in Europe, well, Germany. I'm not sure if it's launched in other EU countries already (Fk Germany and their need to dub it one year after it came out, and then finally launch one episode, and the rest a month or 2 later -.-)

If you remember me, I'm awesome!