Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:25 PM
Default Sims 4 recoloring clothes
I know about the tutorial about recoloring:http://sims4.the-prof.net/?topic=tu...sims-4-clothing But I have done it so many times!! I've had many issues, and my recolors don't show up in the demo. I then learned that you have to save the recolor from the SimPE to the mods folder, and I do so. It shows up, but then crashes when I go to click on it. I even did the thing where you click on the casp, rename it, click FNV-64, and save it. Then I deleted the old recolor and saved the new one to the mods folder, and still it crashes. This has taken me over 3 hours to figure with little to no success! In the Sims 2, they had bodyshop which was really simple to use. All you had to do was use paint, then import the recolor into the game. None of this gimp, color magic, etc. I want something that simple for The sims 4. To edit objects/clothes in the sims 3 it was much more hard than 2. I fear it will be the same way as 4. I don't have any hope for EA as I doubt they will come up with something but modders could do it. I'm begging. Please someone come up with a way to recolor clothes easier! I really just want a really simple system.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
I know about the tutorial about recoloring:http://sims4.the-prof.net/?topic=tu...sims-4-clothing But I have done it so many times!! I've had many issues, and my recolors don't show up in the demo. I then learned that you have to save the recolor from the SimPE to the mods folder, and I do so. It shows up, but then crashes when I go to click on it. I even did the thing where you click on the casp, rename it, click FNV-64, and save it. Then I deleted the old recolor and saved the new one to the mods folder, and still it crashes. This has taken me over 3 hours to figure with little to no success! In the Sims 2, they had bodyshop which was really simple to use. All you had to do was use paint, then import the recolor into the game. None of this gimp, color magic, etc. I want something that simple for The sims 4. To edit objects/clothes in the sims 3 it was much more hard than 2. I fear it will be the same way as 4. I don't have any hope for EA as I doubt they will come up with something but modders could do it. I'm begging. Please someone come up with a way to recolor clothes easier! I really just want a really simple system.

Never fear I'm here to save the day! (kinda)
I had the same problem, unfortunately everyone is going to have it until it's updated. I don't know if it's on EA'S side or color magic. There are a couple options you have here.

The first is to try a different piece of clothing, some clothings work and some don't.

The second one worked for me and let me keep this tsunade outfit that kept crashing. When you go to get ready to make the outfit ready for sims3pe or however it'scalled, make sure default replacement is checked. (Here's a link to a pic since I don't really know how to use these forums http://prntscr.com/4f1ekb )

However there is a downside to this. IT won't be an extra thing like you normally get. IT will be the default and you can never select the old one again (unless you remove the file from your package folder, then everything goes back to normal) So pick a color swatch you don't particularly care about of the item you're trying to edit.
Then repeat the whole process, if you don't feel like re editing anything then you can always just copy paste your original work onto it again on the EXACT same position.

I'm not quite sure but if you edit crazy it could crash since it's basic. But just recolors and different patterns symbols etc should be fine. Hell I even made it completely invisible (mostly actually)

It'll make it default and it shouldn't crash it anymore. This should be only temporary since hopefully we'll get a fix or it. But if you need it to be ANOTHER recolor while keeping the default, try another outfit.

If you still need help you can tweet me at @luckylunayre since I'll see it there quicker.

I literally JUST overcame this problem like 15 minutes ago so I felt it my duty to help you Let me know how it goes!
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:49 PM
I am really considering getting modders to help me put together a Sims 4 Bodyshop lol
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
Have you seen that Color Magic has been updated with a bugfix? From the description, it sounds like the update might solve your problem/s. http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=332

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.