Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM Last edited by leefish : 8th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM. Reason: see my post :)
Nude skin doesn't work for female body
Hi guys,

I like to have realistic Sims... So I try (first phase :-))) ) to make TS4 female and male nude skins... It works perfect for male bodies but not for female as you can see on the joined pictures... To do this,it's simple - I thank - we only need to set an empty texture for female and male default underwears into the normal and multiplier / specular texture of the default underwear. But It seems this method works fine only for male body... And I really don't understand why it does not work for female bodies... With female bodies the default underwear is always visible - even the textures are empty images - I search through the 4 895 textures and - I'm sure - there is only 2 textures resources (normal and Multiplier / Specular) to define the female underwear default texture...

Thanks in advance for answers.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zano972
Hi guys,

I like to have realistic Sims... So I try (first phase :-))) ) to make TS4 female and male nude skins... It works perfect for male bodies but not for female as you can see on the joined pictures... To do this,it's simple - I thank - we only need to set an empty texture for female and male default underwears into the normal and multiplier / specular texture of the default underwear. But It seems this method works fine only for male body... And I really don't understand why it does not work for female bodies... With female bodies the default underwear is always visible - even the textures are empty images - I search through the 4 895 textures and - I'm sure - there is only 2 textures resources (normal and Multiplier / Specular) to define the female underwear default texture...

Thanks in advance for answers.

NOt sure if this has anything to do with it but in the .package files created by Color magic you end up with two textures that are editable and have the RGB layers and alpha layers.. one is black and white and seems to be the mesh form that is lingering behind on your invisible underwear sims(I say that because a nude skin would be the next step). the male one is skin tight no real depth, female has a little depth in that file....the other file is the colorable 'skin.....I discovered this when I was designing a thong and editing the black and white file worked to get rid of the ;impression'. Hope that helps
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
I Uploaded the thong , so if MTS ever Oks it it will be up there for you all
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:16 AM
Pics for the thong
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:56 AM
updated with in game pics
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:39 AM
I wonder if you could clone and then shift the category of the 'leggings' mesh over to be in 'bottoms' rather than accessories. From my experience with making super hero costumes that 'mesh' is basically just a skin-tight layer over the skin. The problem is that you can't have a sim with no 'bottom' at all, it will always add underwear if you don't pick one and as both of these attempts show the underwear meshes are fairly obviously visible even with alpha on the texture.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
I wonder if you could clone and then shift the category of the 'leggings' mesh over to be in 'bottoms' rather than accessories. From my experience with making super hero costumes that 'mesh' is basically just a skin-tight layer over the skin. The problem is that you can't have a sim with no 'bottom' at all, it will always add underwear if you don't pick one and as both of these attempts show the underwear meshes are fairly obviously visible even with alpha on the texture.

Yeppers...the leggings mesh has a rim around waist but that is alll.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:40 PM
There's nude top and bottom meshes for both male and female. It's easy enough to get Colorshape to spit out a file, but I can't get them to show up in game, no matter how I set the tags.

S4pe doesn't help... tried creating a recolor of the default underwear and assigning the nude geom files to it to get rid of the shape, but s4pe just destroys any changes I make to the resource keys when it saves. No luck convincing the new package file that it's an underwear recolor either.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:56 AM
I am still a bit new to this, but it looks like there are 3 layers to the 'underwear' there is a body-type layer, which is 'nude' for all intents, and there are several of these files to support each various type. Then there is a normal-map, full body layer, which adds the bump-mapping to the shape of the underwear/bra, and then finally there is a shader layer, which appears to only darken the skin underneath the bra/underwear. Some of the items also have a specular layer, but I've not mucked with that other than to delete and view the effects. I am still trying to weed through all the files to see if I can locate and thus adjust the 'bump' layer, so to speak.

Oh, there is also a skin-tone layer it appears.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM
@Nikodemus - I had a similar idea. Bit when I clone the bra, i get a package with two ob ious bitmaps. One has the "colored" bitmap and an alpha layer, the other was a grey outline only - what did you do to modify it into a thong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:48 PM Last edited by zano972 : 6th Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Hi guys,

What I don't understand is WHY I can get easy and quick a nude skin for male body with only two textures modifications and why when I do exactly the same with female bodies and textures, I can't get the same result ???...
We dont need to look further for male body nude skin, we have already the solution... But...maybe Maxis developer can't correctly handle female bodies ?.. and in this case I can understand it can be a really difficult task

So long.

Nikodemus2008:

Quote:
NOt sure if this has anything to do with it but in the .package files created by Color magic you end up with two textures that are editable and have the RGB layers and alpha layers.. one is black and white and seems to be the mesh form that is lingering behind on your invisible underwear sims...

... And what you say is the same for both: female and male bodies...male body is working fine but not female body...

Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
Used the same file and replaced both image files with the .dds from the nude top file. I still get the shiny outline. So it's not in the image files as far as I can tell.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:47 AM
I think the bump map is still an indecipherable file (one of the no-image image files). I stepped through every image file in the core package files using s4pe and could not find them at all. The two .dds files that appear from ColorMagic at the main image file and the shader/specular map i think, not the normal map.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:45 AM
Hi,

Quote:
Used the same file and replaced both image files with the .dds from the nude top file. I still get the shiny outline. So it's not in the image files as far as I can tell.

You're right the clothing details we want to get ride aren't in the 2 DDS resources... For nudes skins it seems that the modified DDS resource 0xBA856C78 (DXT5RLES) ist not very important... I've deleted it from my yf, ym, cm, cf...package and the packages are working... (but always with the dirty cloth outline for yfTop, yfBottom and cfTop)... If you inspect a ymBottom.package this resource 0xBA856C78 (DXT5RLES) isn't included and the package works immediatly perfect... The only difference between with 0xBA856C78 and without 0xBA856C78 is the that the resulting object is less shinny.

A cmNudeSkin (for child male) works immediatly perfect with a 0xBA856C78 (DXT5RLES) included a cfTopNude works like the yfTopNude - with or without 0xBA856C78 resource - (with the outlined cloth - the ghost image). A cfBottomNude works immediatly perfect with or without the 0xBA856C78 resource...

You can download a female and male picture if you want it Here to see what I mean.

So long.

Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Unfortunately, I can't do anything except replace the image files. s4pe doesn't seem to like me:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532885
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:03 AM Last edited by zano972 : 10th Sep 2014 at 5:00 AM.
Hi all,

Ok guys...I think we get it (please see joined pictures)...

They are missing some 'realistic details' but no matter... Details are coming soon...

The skins are perfect for cf, cm, yf and ym but because I don't like to post on the net nude child skins - even for a computer game - I only show here the adult skins.

If somebody find an better and quicker way to do the same, no matter: je suis preneur ! (because 15 to 20 mn to rename resources that S4PE can't correctly handle... oups oups oups... - I always thank a tool was made to make easier our life... I really need to revise my mind - ...)

So long.

Edit : due to this post : http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...907#post4518907 I cant do the tutorial I meant. (because a tutorial about nude skins without pictures is a nonsense).

Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:15 AM
Spent a while trying to rename the resources to point to the nude mesh files. S4pe kept eating the TGIList.

So can it be done without changing anything in the TGIList?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM Last edited by leefish : 8th Sep 2014 at 6:57 PM.
Please - do not post nudeshots of sims; paypal doesnt like it and we need paypal to finance the site.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 9:41 PM Last edited by zano972 : 8th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Please - do not post nudeshots of sims; paypal doesnt like it and we need paypal to finance the site.

Hi leefish

No matter, I'll care about that... My goal wasn't to hurt anybody... we are on research, challenge or / and curiosity stuff / level...

So long.

Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:50 AM Last edited by override367 : 9th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM.
can you post the tutorial and leave the pictures as links instead of embedded?
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#21 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Snaitf : 9th Sep 2014 at 9:58 AM.
Ok, I got this to work. I'm not going to do a full tutorial, but I will explain how I did it:

Let's start with the YA Female Top:

First I used Color Magic to create a .package from the nude top for reference.

Then I used Color Magic to create my actual project package, using the YA Female Top Underwear.
Here, I made sure to call it what I wanted the final name to be, added a swatch to customize, and made sure all the flags were set the way I wanted.

Next, I opened 2 instances of S4PE and opened the reference .package in one, and my project .package in the other.
Then I selected the CASP file in both, and clicked the grid button.

Then I expanded both TGILists and copied the values for the GEOMs from the reference to the project (the ones that start with 015A.)
This made my project .package reference the nude meshes, instead of the bra meshes, otherwise an invisible mesh would show on the skin.
I also had to do this with the resource that starts with AC16, otherwise my sims had their torsos disappear completely.

After that, I closed and deleted the reference .package, as it's no longer needed.

Then I exported, customized, and imported the swatch file.

Next, I exported both texture DDS files, and edited them to be blank/empty, and then imported them back in.

Then I had to delete the 3rd UNKN file, the one that doesn't show anything in the preview window.
I just deleted the resource though, it still needs a reference in the CASP file, if it was there originally, or my game would crash.
Deleting this file removed the shiny imprint that would be left from where the bra was supposed to be, so my guess is that it's some kind of specular map.

That's it, saved and tested.

Then just wash-rinse-repeat for all age groups, both genders. I ended up with 6 .packages: cmBottom, cfTop, cfBottom, ymBottom, yfTop, and yfBottom.
Male tops don't need to be done, because guys can already go topless in the game.

Then I created a new .package file using S4PE, importing everything from my other 6 files, so they were all contained within a single .package.

Done.

Some things to note: The child bottom nude file (the one used for reference) is neither male nor female, it's universal. So I used that same file as the reference .package for both genders. Also, I noticed the male files didn't have the third UNKN file (that specular map thingy), so you can skip deleting that file in those, because it's already not there.

If someone could give me some suggestions for a good Sims 4 site to post this on, I will link to it here, so y'all can d/l it. I'm pretty sure MTS doesn't allow any nude mods, even in the forums.

EDIT: Here is a link to some pics (children not included as I don't want to offend anyone): http://imgur.com/a/PaXtU
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:05 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Sep 2014 at 3:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
EDIT: Here is a link to some pics (children not included as I don't want to offend anyone): http://imgur.com/a/PaXtU

Edit: link removed, people please use Google. Search terms "sexy" and "sims" aren't that hard to figure out -- pbox

NSFW web site but good place to upload your items
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#23 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:42 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by crazymammoth
Edit -- link removed, see above / below -- pbox
NSFW web site but good place to upload your items

Thanks, I'll post a link as soon as it's approved over there.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Ok, I got this to work. I'm not going to do a full tutorial, but I will explain how I did it:...

Heh. I went through the exact same process except s4pe kept trashing the TGIList every time I hit 'commit'. At least I know I was on the right track so when s4pe gets updated I won't be wasting my time. Thanks much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:41 PM Last edited by zano972 : 10th Sep 2014 at 4:57 AM.
Hi all,

Thanks a lot Snaitf for your good and right englishes explications. As you noticed it, this language isn't my mother language and as we says on this globus side: 'Tu m'enlèves une épine du pied !'

So long... Reseted and ready for the next challenge...

Page 1 of 3