Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:37 PM
Default Add categories
Is possible to add categories?
I have a top that is casual and sleepwear and I would like it was also in formal and party.
What is the best way to do this?
Please Help!
Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:36 PM
I don't know about adding categories but what I realized the other day is that you actually have access to all of the clothes in each category. Say you're in Formal looking at Full Body dresses and there is a dress that shows up in Party but NOT in Formal and you want to choose it. At the top, right above the clothing you'll see the word Formal with an X next to it under where it says formal. Just click the X and it will stop filtering it and show you all of the dresses instead of just the ones labelled as Formal.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM
You can add or remove catagory flags in Colour Magic when cloning. When you get to the final screen click the "edit flags" button and it will pop up a list of the flags. Click "add" and then select the new flag, should be at the bottom. Now click the "Category" dropdown and select "OutfitCategory". Now click the "Value" dropdown and select the clothing category you want it to appear in. Repeat as needed then click "Ok" and continue with the cloning process as normal.

If you've already made an outfit and want to edit the flags you will need to do that using the Grid editor in S4PE but it's a little more complex.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
You can add categories in s4pe with the grid editor though it is not an easy to use process.

To do so open up your package in the latest version of s4pe, select the CASP resource and click the 'Grid' button at the bottom of the s4pe window. You want the CASFlagList so select that line and then press the [...] to open the UI to add, edit and delete flags. I think what you want are the 'OutfitCategory' flags they have a FlagCategory of 0x0046 (OutfitCategory) and then the FlagValue is the hex code of the particular category which are:

Everyday: 0x004D
Formal: 0x004E
Swim: 0x004F
Athletic: 0x0050
Sleep: 0x0051
Bathing: 0x0052
Party: 0x0053
Career: 0x0107
Situation: 0x014F
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Actually, if you've already made your CC, couldn't you open that .package file within ColorMagic, and check Default Replacement, edit the flags how you want, save, then take the CASP file from that and import into your original? Seems like that should work, but I haven't tested.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:34 PM
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Actually, if you've already made your CC, couldn't you open that .package file within ColorMagic, and check Default Replacement, edit the flags how you want, save, then take the CASP file from that and import into your original? Seems like that should work, but I haven't tested.

Smart! Never thought of how that would work, nice!

I like that.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:11 PM
I tried both ways and it works perfectly, thanks!