Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 11:47 PM
Default Neo-antiques outfits
Before starting this work, I knew nothing about Blender or even 3d but I had good notions of image processing . Yet it is on this last point that I need your expert advice I work with Gimp and Paint.net .
When I load my files to sims4 Studio DXT5 as it should (type iterative compression) , most of my painstaking work deteriorated and as you can see I have many blurry parts .
That said, every advice would be welcome , even if they do not apply to this specific problem. In the rar file you will find two files package, and two blend files that match .
( Be friendly to use simple words, I am French and I master very bad English language ... )
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DjymeeEnsemblePagne2.rar (3.97 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 2 files, top and bottom package, and 2 blender files that match
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 12:39 AM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts.

DDS compression is not lossless -- I haven't looked at your file (can you post screenshots instead of making people download the whole thing?), but what sometimes helps is to add noise to the texture. Most image editors should have a noise filter somewhere.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Moving to Create > CAS Parts.

DDS compression is not lossless -- I haven't looked at your file (can you post screenshots instead of making people download the whole thing?), but what sometimes helps is to add noise to the texture. Most image editors should have a noise filter somewhere.

I'll post more pictures later if necessary, for now I just expose this one to show what I mean
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 2:13 AM
Ah OK; adding noise will probably not help you with that. Looks like normal compression artifacts to me. Maybe you can try a different kind of compression filter; see the sticky in Tools for pointers (Tools like Aorta or dxtbmp might have more options than Gimp; I don't use that so I don't know how it compares).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 12:40 AM
Ihave no choice, the game just accept bc3 / dxt5 compression. Today I tried lots of options : no mipmaps, mipmaps with filters, wrap mode, gamma correction, ... the result is alway the same. Yet when I look at the mods on this site , I see that it is possible to obtain a good resolution . Could someone please tell me how ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 1:03 AM
You can't turn off mipmaps, that won't work. I meant that you could try different kinds of filters, depending on which tool/s you use the options will vary .. here is a bit of an overview, perhaps that helps you to compare: http://sourceforge.net/p/nvidia-tex.../ResizeFilters/

Quote: Originally posted by Axior
when I look at the mods on this site , I see that it is possible to obtain a good resolution

Which "mods on this site" do you mean, can you give an example?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Which "mods on this site" do you mean, can you give an example?

I am not an English language expert
I just wanted to say the other uploads, the mods shared on this site, are all clean, no blurr and I don't know what to do for having the same quality. I have a lot of mods I download in Mts, that's the reason I would like to share at my turn ...

I went on the link but it does not do me much. It made me still possible to explore other possibilities.
Anyway, thank you for your help