Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:51 PM
Default Sims 4 Studio Version 2.5.1.9 (Joy) Problem
Not sure, if I am asking in the correct place, but I already asked in the Sims 4 Studio forums, so I figured out that I could ask here as well?

I have been trying to convert some adult hairstyles to children (due to the lack of alpha hair for kids available online). However, sometimes, when I try to convert a hairstyle, I get this message:

The Sims 4 Studio - Version 2.5.1.9
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at S4Studio.Core.CloneEngine.CloneCAS(CASPartResource oldCASP, IResourceProvider source, Boolean isReplace, Boolean isRecolor, String userName, Boolean isStandalone, UInt64 oldCaspInstance, UInt64& newCASPInstance) in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.core\CloneEngine.cs:line 519
at S4Studio.Core.CloneEngine.BatchCloneCAS(List`1 caspList, IResourceProvider source, Boolean isReplace, Boolean isRecolor, String userName, Boolean isStandalone, UInt64 oldCaspInstance) in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.core\CloneEngine.cs:line 664
at S4Studio.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass88.<CloneCASChoicePage_OnCommit>b__84() in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\UI\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1166
at S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__0() in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\UI\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:line 39
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__1() in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\UI\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:line 48
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at S4Studio.Core.CloneEngine.CloneCAS(CASPartResource oldCASP, IResourceProvider source, Boolean isReplace, Boolean isRecolor, String userName, Boolean isStandalone, UInt64 oldCaspInstance, UInt64& newCASPInstance) in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.core\CloneEngine.cs:line 519
at S4Studio.Core.CloneEngine.BatchCloneCAS(List`1 caspList, IResourceProvider source, Boolean isReplace, Boolean isRecolor, String userName, Boolean isStandalone, UInt64 oldCaspInstance) in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.core\CloneEngine.cs:line 664
at S4Studio.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass88.<CloneCASChoicePage_OnCommit>b__84() in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\UI\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1166
at S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__0() in c:\Workspace\Sims4Studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\UI\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:line 39
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Has anyone ever got such a message? If yes, how to fix this? I tried deleting the Sims 4 Studio folder in My Documents, it didn't work. I can't install the newest version either
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:53 PM
Well when did you post at the Sims4Studio forum? Did you give them time to read your post? They are usually very good with support so I am guessing you might have become a little impatient.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well when did you post at the Sims4Studio forum? Did you give them time to read your post? They are usually very good with support so I am guessing you might have become a little impatient.

I posted not a while ago, however I am posting here as well, just in case someone else is experiencing the same problem.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:59 PM
I think a moderator may be along in a moment to encourage you to keep the bug reports to where you got the tool.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 10:25 PM
If "someone else was experiencing the same problem", how would that help either of you? So yeah .. what Inge said. Also moving to Create > CAS because Help is for game issues.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Redirected.