Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 17th Jan 2016 at 12:55 PM.
Default Separate transparencies on Sims 4hair meshes (glass and skin) on one hair mesh(like sims 2-3) solved if you need it.
Asking if it's been done yet.

I did this a while ago(close to a year). I HOPE it's been done now.
If not... I'll upload my info with much apologies. The only reason I'm not uploading what I know, is because I'm not sure if newer mod programs covered this yet. All you need is s4pe and a ass load of time.

Screen:

If it's been done, I'll move along. If not, I'll try to go back and show you how to do it.
It's horribly tedious though.(using the april 2015 updates with.. s4pe only).

It requires that you duplicate and rename the hex of .... every geom file and rewriting the casp..... It's pretty crazy.

Last time I created these files, I was unable to open them in any other program, aside from s4pe, because said program would eliminate my added mesh/geom inputs.

Please tell me a better way has come up! :o

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:24 PM
Do you mean having additional meshes for the hair, with some using the sim skin shader and some using the sim glass shader?

I've been looking at putting the ability to add meshes into CAS Tools, with the tool updating the CASP and region map accordingly. It can already remove meshes so adding them is the next step.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 17th Jan 2016 at 1:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean having additional meshes for the hair, with some using the sim skin shader and some using the sim glass shader?

I've been looking at putting the ability to add meshes into CAS Tools, with the tool updating the CASP and region map accordingly. It can already remove meshes so adding them is the next step.

Yes. I mean having part of the hair (ie: the braid) in the above example as a different part of the same mesh with a different shader. "sim skin" and "sim glass" on the same mesh.

I've done it. But I dont want to upload the tedious process in s4pe if the new updates provide a better(and MUCH faster) solution to this!

If you like I can drop a file I've done it with.(file dropped).

The Zevran hair is VERY messy(with code stuff... I just made duplicates and magic happened...). Although it runs perfect in-game sooo... I guess thats all that matters.
The mars hair is set properly, although it's an unfinished mesh. The "extra" part is on the scalp and looks bad atm. I was testing how the simskin shader would look if it was attached to the glass shader...not so good.

But they both run perfect in-game from what I can tell.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  marsandzevranhair.rar (2.33 MB, 17 downloads) - View custom content

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:22 PM

Also, sorry. Thank you so much for the work you are doing. I'm sorry I'm late with dropping the info I have.. at this point I don't know if it's helpful at all. I hope it is, even just a little.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:19 PM
I've had so much trouble with hair transparencies converting hair from Sims 3, some work great and some don't so will try the sim skin/sim glass method
Look forward to any updates/fixes for this in CASTools
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:27 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for the information. What I know at this point is pretty outdated, as I have not been doing much game modding in some time. I found those files and thought they'd be more use if I shared them, rather than letting them stay hidden on my computer, seeing as I'm not going to be doing much with them at the moment myself. So if they are helpful to anyone I'll be happy.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:37 PM
Thanks OM I'll check that out
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:44 PM
The topic of this thread is having hair use BOTH sim glass and skin shaders, not issues with sim glass by itself.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 12:18 AM
Hello there! excuse my English!
a while ago, I made this hair http://coloresurbanos.tumblr.com/po...ictory-rolls-05 considering the same idea. from the same need. because the curl had many problems of transparency.

then it occurred to me clone a glasses lens. 2 geom. one with glass and another with skin. resigned the use of hat. but I did not care, because I wanted the hair and it worked!

:D
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 10:18 PM

hi CmarNYC, Is this possible to do? I searched the latest version S4CASTools, any option to add mesh part. I did not find.
by the way, I take to thank, with all my heart, for the wonderful tool!!! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 2:07 PM
Actually I've just started to work on this feature, sorry for the long wait time. I'll post back here with updates.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:13 AM
so cool. Thank you! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:21 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th Aug 2016 at 9:13 PM.
I've got adding meshes working along with deleting and changing regions, still need time to test and write a tutorial for converting TS3 hair to TS4 that'll show how to do this.

Edit: Done. CAS Tools is now in Downloads and I did a hair tutorial.

Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 5:57 PM
I love you!