Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:01 AM
Default Anyone have Pets and the GTX 1060?
So this is the card I have to get with my desktop just wondering what do dogs, horses and cats look like? Pets is my fav EP so need to know, for some reason on my friends 1070 card they look really odd even though he has my settings. So I hope the 1060 will look better with sims 3 I guess ? XD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 8:03 AM
The 1070 is a higher end card than the 1060, but as far as TS3 is concerned pets should look just fine on either. They are both more powerful than the game can work with fully, but usually that means the extra resources just go to waste rather than getting in the way or something. That your friend is not experiencing this suggests that their card's frame rate needs to be capped (TS3 can't do this on its own) or the card requires going through the formal recognition procedure -- some but not all players find they have to do this.

Or you need a different set of friends.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 8:35 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 13th Feb 2017 at 9:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The 1070 is a higher end card than the 1060, but as far as TS3 is concerned pets should look just fine on either. They are both more powerful than the game can work with fully, but usually that means the extra resources just go to waste rather than getting in the way or something. That your friend is not experiencing this suggests that their card's frame rate needs to be capped (TS3 can't do this on its own) or the card requires going through the formal recognition procedure -- some but not all players find they have to do this.

Or you need a different set of friends.
He has capped his FPS and using vsync as well and yeah it is recognised he looked at a utube video on that, I wanted to get the 1070 so I can play in 4k, just worried that the 1060 can't run Sims in 4k. I have a 4k monitor so wanted to play Sims in the monitor native resolution.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 8:37 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 13th Feb 2017 at 10:25 AM.
He gets a weird glitch with horses having a cut of sorts in there mouth, and dogs have a white line around them to. I don't get this on my laptop but that has a 960 which is older.

P.S
We have fixed his glitch by installing the direct x and also tweaking anti aliasing in the nividia control panel! So happy xD
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
He has capped his FPS and using vsync as well and yeah it is recognised he looked at a utube video on that, I wanted to get the 1070 so I can play in 4k, just worried that the 1060 can't run Sims in 4k. I have a 4k monitor so wanted to play Sims in the monitor native resolution.

I think you don't need GTX1070 to run TS3 in 4k, your GTX1060 can do 4k as well, in fact some of the older cards can run TS3 in 4k as well, I had TS3 run in 5760 x 1080 with Nvidia Surround (3 LCDs) setup with my GTX680 (single card - non SLI), TS3 run just fine with the setup, but I did modified the world I'm playing with custom world and sorted my CCs and Mods before playing the game to reduce the lags, because the higher the resolution the more likely TS3 to lag, not because of the graphic card incapable to do its task, but because of the complexity of the world being played in TS3 may bottleneck the processor especially in higher resolution settings..

So I wouldn't worry about your GTX1060 if I were you, because it will run just fine in 4k, but you may want to set up your own custom world and make sure your CCs and Mods are free from errors to run TS3 in 4k, especially as you also have Pets installed, don't run the game with default EA's world as is surely will lags especially in 1920 x 1080 and above no matter how powerful your processor is, it will bottleneck your processor the more your game and your world grow, especially with Pets installed.. don't let the stray animals to auto populate your world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I think you don't need GTX1070 to run TS3 in 4k, your GTX1060 can do 4k as well, in fact some of the older cards can run TS3 in 4k as well, I had TS3 run in 5760 x 1080 with Nvidia Surround (3 LCDs) setup with my GTX680 (single card - non SLI), TS3 run just fine with the setup, but I did modified the world I'm playing with custom world and sorted my CCs and Mods before playing the game to reduce the lags, because the higher the resolution the more likely TS3 to lag, not because of the graphic card incapable to do its task, but because of the complexity of the world being played in TS3 may bottleneck the processor especially in higher resolution settings..

So I wouldn't worry about your GTX1060 if I were you, because it will run just fine in 4k, but you may want to set up your own custom world and make sure your CCs and Mods are free from errors to run TS3 in 4k, especially as you also have Pets installed, don't run the game with default EA's world as is surely will lags especially in 1920 x 1080 and above no matter how powerful your processor is, it will bottleneck your processor the more your game and your world grow, especially with Pets installed.. don't let the stray animals to auto populate your world.
I probably will to stick with the 1070 as that was my original choice and I have managed to fix the glitch or so it seems my friend was having with his, but if I have issues with it hopefully I can change it xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:55 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 13th Feb 2017 at 4:57 PM. Reason: lol
P.S if the 1060 is known to be better for sims I probably can still change it so if anyone knows let me know xD This is a custom build so I can change things at the moment still.

P.S
Sorry for so many updates, but I did change it to the 1060 as it was a £100 cheaper and since Sims is all ima be playing then it's worth changing it to the cheaper option, I hope that 1060 can do Sims 3 in 4k, I think Sims FPS drops with any card depending on the world like PapaEmy said. This is the 1060 I chose https://www.asus.com/uk/ROG-Republi...060-O6G-GAMING/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 2:55 PM
The 1060 should absolutely be able to do TS3 in 4k. My old 960 could do it, after all...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )