Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Test Subject
#126 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:25 PM
Wow!!!!! This looks beautiful and I really love the details
Test Subject
#127 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:31 PM
I must say, after drooling over the 90 plus pictures taken of this island city, I've never seen such a grungy harbor city look so beautiful. I'm currently attending a college in such a city myself, sans beauty, and I must say, I would rather take courses at Charlton any day!

I just patched to the CC-Shredding Pets Patch, but provided EA (or a modder, more likely) can fix the problems with this newest patch I will be coming right back here to download. Good riddance to Bridgeport, Now I can have a REAL city!

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Test Subject
#128 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
Have Pets Installed & Charlton. So Far So Good :D!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 5:38 AM
yeahh nice love it__ <3
Test Subject
#130 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
Sooooooooo Frustrated I Went In And Inputed All The Custom Content. And Now When I Try To Download The Actual World (all 4 Parts) It Works Until I Tr To Extract It (7zip) It Returns Saying "file Broken"
Test Subject
#131 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 11:29 PM
Sooooooooo Frustrated I Went In And Inputed All The Custom Content. And Now When I Try To Download The Actual World (all 4 Parts) It Works Until I Tr To Extract It (7zip) It Returns Saying "file Broken"
Test Subject
#132 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hard2please1976
I think this is just great, however, I'm having problems. I can download it ok, but when I try to extract it ( I'm using 7zip) I'm told the file is broken. Am I doing it wrong?
Same crap with me im over it pluz i just found Zxexon251 has a world totally juz as effin cool
Test Subject
#133 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 3:29 AM
I hate to sound like a total newb but...does this work with ONLY the base game, or do you have to have the others?

I'm dying to use it but I only have the base game!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamergurl
I hate to sound like a total newb but...does this work with ONLY the base game, or do you have to have the others?

I'm dying to use it but I only have the base game!

You can try with your own responsibility, but the game requirements listed for a working combo are on the post. Was not made for just base game.
Test Subject
#135 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 11:44 PM
No bookshop
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
fionalucy, https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...reenshot-37.jpg

Very pretty picture. However, there is no community lot with that name, nor is there any lot which displays the bookshop icon, nor any lot which sells books (other than the consignment shop, which had some gardening books) that I can find in the neighborhood I downloaded and installed. Nor can I find any way to add one using "Edit Town" function. No bookshop, just a library, in the "library". I can't even change a lot to that type. Please explain, using very short words, for those of us who do not know how to create and build an entire world, which you have done a beautiful job on, where to buy books. Thank you.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vlsullivan
Very pretty picture. However, there is no community lot with that name, nor is there any lot which displays the bookshop icon, nor any lot which sells books (other than the consignment shop, which had some gardening books) that I can find in the neighborhood I downloaded and installed. Nor can I find any way to add one using "Edit Town" function. No bookshop, just a library, in the "library". I can't even change a lot to that type. Please explain, using very short words, for those of us who do not know how to create and build an entire world, which you have done a beautiful job on, where to buy books. Thank you.

Bookstore is on that lot. You will need jynx's rabbitholes, that are listed on the CC requirements. The bookstore rabbithole is entered from the front of the spa.
Instructor
#137 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 7:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't go through all of the previous 138 (!) comments. 0_o Maybe it's been mentioned so please disregard my message if it has.

- there appears to be an issue with missing terrain paints. My Charlton Island community lots sport a grassy ground where I am sure should be some kind of pavement.
- Some of the lots have routing issues, especially the apartment lots. Sims can't find a front door or use some of the objects, like beds and bath tubs that were placed too close to walls to access.
- The church/graveyard lot has routing issues, too. Sims can't seem to enter or leave the lot due to some problem with gates and/or fences/walls.

That said, I absolutely love this world! It's easy to see how much time and effort it took to create it, and it's truly enjoyable to explore Charlton Island. Personally, I don't mind the issues I've come across as they can easily be fixed by myself but I thought I'd mention. :D
Test Subject
#138 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 8:55 PM
I really love this town, however, there's absolutely no 30x30 lots and maybe a few 30x40s, and no 40x40s.

I really wanted to fill my town with houses I already have, but no one really makes 20x20, 20x30, which is what lots this town mostly consists of.

That was the only bad thing about the town, which unfortunately caused me to forget about it.
Instructor
#139 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mapaly
I really love this town, however, there's absolutely no 30x30 lots and maybe a few 30x40s, and no 40x40s.

I really wanted to fill my town with houses I already have, but no one really makes 20x20, 20x30, which is what lots this town mostly consists of.

That was the only bad thing about the town, which unfortunately caused me to forget about it.

Well, that's not different from EAxis' lots. They have lots of lot sizes that don't exist anywhere. My advice is to get AwesomeMod and create lot sizes as you require them. EAxis doesn't even offer their standard 30x40 lot for placement that they use all the time... Or a 60x60 ...
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Sorry, I didn't go through all of the previous 138 (!) comments. 0_o Maybe it's been mentioned so please disregard my message if it has.

- there appears to be an issue with missing terrain paints. My Charlton Island community lots sport a grassy ground where I am sure should be some kind of pavement.
- Some of the lots have routing issues, especially the apartment lots. Sims can't find a front door or use some of the objects, like beds and bath tubs that were placed too close to walls to access.
- The church/graveyard lot has routing issues, too. Sims can't seem to enter or leave the lot due to some problem with gates and/or fences/walls.

That said, I absolutely love this world! It's easy to see how much time and effort it took to create it, and it's truly enjoyable to explore Charlton Island. Personally, I don't mind the issues I've come across as they can easily be fixed by myself but I thought I'd mention. :D

Hi there and thanks for the report. I can't test myself right now, and I have to say during my playtests I had no such issues. Routing worked just as it was suppose to, and the objects were usable. The terrain paint - did you get simsimillians INGAME terrainpaints?

Anyways, I will look into this at some point.

Quote: Originally posted by mapaly

I'm sorry that you are not happy with the lot sizes in this world, but I simply can't please everyone.

"but no one really makes 20x20, 20x30"
Well I did. I could say no-one really makes +30x40 lots, but that would of course be a lie. I like smaller lots, so those are what I put to my world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:13 AM
It looks awesome I can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#142 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:34 AM
I'm kind of confused..... Is this pre-populated?

EDIT, less than 5 minutes later:
It is not, so based on what you said sims "come" to the world? I didn't know they did that. Also the forest houses are my favorite!
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:50 PM
I love it! It's so beautiful! I love the multi-purpose community lots too.

My inventor/artist/sculptor started out in a tiny house in the harbour with scrap right outside. He moved to a lot with room for 50 sculptures when he detonated a junk pile and accidentally set fire to his house! He's now trying to marry a gardener so she can grow those life fruit for him.

I have a question: Is there a movie theatre? He keeps wanting to go see a movie and I haven't found a theatre.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
I have a question: Is there a movie theatre? He keeps wanting to go see a movie and I haven't found a theatre.
The theater is at the same lot as arts gallery, restaurant and the internet cafe. The entrance is right across the road from the cityhall parking lot.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
The theater is at the same lot as arts gallery, restaurant and the internet cafe. The entrance is right across the road from the cityhall parking lot.

That's Charlton East right? So what do you click on to satisfy the "see movie" wish?
Sorry to be stupid
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 8:19 PM
So it just doesn't work with Pets...? Are you working on getting it sorted?! I want this world so bad
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:31 PM
I normally just thank download's but I couldn't not comment. This is absolutely stunning! It's obvious so much detail and thought went into creating it. So incredibly beautiful! I can't wait to explore. Thank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:21 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#149 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 11:31 PM
Can I ask something ? Because I downloaded it (Yep, successfully ) but when I about to extract them, it keep saying that part2 and 3 cannot be found. What should I do?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ClarizHighLy
Can I ask something ? Because I downloaded it (Yep, successfully ) but when I about to extract them, it keep saying that part2 and 3 cannot be found. What should I do?

Please read the "How to install" it should be pretty clear
Page 6 of 8