Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Mad Poster
#101 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:55 PM
So, I finally got around to testing the crates in my game. They work brilliantly!
I was worried at first when the crate failed to place a wall decoration and I got no notification about where it had gone but then I unpaused the game and after a few seconds passed I got a notification telling me it was in the family inventory, which it was.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:42 PM
thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#103 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 5:44 PM
You out do yourself with every mod Ty for all your hard work :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#104 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:50 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! *Dances with joy, a la Snoopy*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:11 AM
another amazing mod! Very impressed scumbumbo!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:02 AM
Thank you (again) for a supermod
Test Subject
#107 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:37 PM
Just to ask, does this work with things like fruit and veg, fossils etc?
Mad Poster
#108 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChocolateOtter
Just to ask, does this work with things like fruit and veg, fossils etc?

No. These crates only work on objects that normally CANNOT be placed in a Sims' inventory. Since fruit, veg and fossils can already go in Sim inventories this mod doesn't affect them.
It's not a storage solution, but a way to move owned objects from lot to lot when you have Sims move out.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:49 AM
Wow! This is great! You are very talented in making mods. I loved how you casually mentioned the lockable doors. Lol. Btw, I think EA got jealous and made the locking of doors available in their new game update. Anyways, I should've seen this before Alexander Goth moved out from his parent's home. He could've totally snagged some awesome furniture pieces.

Keep making awesome mods! AND THANK YOU :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:06 PM
so great to have actual storage instead of just leaving everything on the ground xD
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:39 AM
Either I have another mod interfering, or this mod no longer works after yesterday's patch. Unfortunately, I didn't try the mod prior to updating. The crates are there, but when I click on them, I don't have the option to enable packing.
Test Subject
#112 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 2:16 AM
Nevermind, I had an old version installed.
Test Subject
#113 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
That's really strange, perhaps there's another mod that is conflicting with that somehow. Not sure what would do that, to be honest, but I'm not seeing what you could be doing wrong

im getting that aswell
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 1:39 PM
Just brilliant.... Wow.
Thank you and keep up the good work.
Deceased
Original Poster
#115 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AKB48Fan
im getting that aswell

Is "Pack in Crate" not appearing after choosing to enable, or does it appear grayed out? On one test lot I had the issue where a lot of the items on the lot weren't actually owned by the household because the lot had changed owners several times and the game had messed up ownership of the furniture.
Test Subject
#116 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:05 PM
I don't get the "Pack in Crate" option as well. I can enable packing, but "Pack in Crate" is not appearing. I just downloaded the newest version to make sure, but it's still not appearing.
I moved out all other mods I have and it still doesn't show up, so I don't think that there is any interfering one. I also made a new household (default random sim) on an empty lot and only bought the packing crate and the knight statue shown in one of the pics, and it's not working there either. I also tried both different crates just to make sure, but no matter which one I have on the lot, it's not showing.

And by the way thanks for your mods, they are really great =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 4:13 PM
Thank you!!!!!! This is amazing! I've wished since I started playing TS4 that there was storage beyond a sim's inventory!

Do you think you could maybe make a backpack with the same interactions? And/or a toy box? (storage meant for kids) Just a suggestion

Anyway... Thanks, you're amazing :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#118 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:45 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 18th Jul 2015 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StarfireG
I don't get the "Pack in Crate" option as well. I can enable packing, but "Pack in Crate" is not appearing. I just downloaded the newest version to make sure, but it's still not appearing.

That sounds like script mods are not enabled in the game options. That or the ts4script file is not properly installed. The safest way to install the mod is to place BOTH the package and ts4script file directly into the mods folder. This ensures that they load in the proper order (the package must load before the script does).

ETA - I just realized this mod didn't use the new ts4script file format yet, I have updated the download to use the new file format. This will make the mod no longer compatible with game versions prior to the latest patch (July 9) but makes installation of the mod much easier. Script mods must still be enabled for the mod to function.
Test Subject
#119 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
That sounds like script mods are not enabled in the game options. That or the ts4script file is not properly installed. The safest way to install the mod is to place BOTH the package and ts4script file directly into the mods folder. This ensures that they load in the proper order (the package must load before the script does).

Thanks! I had both in some subfolder in the mods folder (for organising the cc I use), I moved it to the mods folder now and it works!
Deceased
Original Poster
#120 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 7:25 PM
The mod has been updated with the previously experimental script for better compatibility for players who do not have Get To Work. This should enable more game objects to be able to be packed (e.g. curtains) that were previously only packable if you owned Get To Work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#121 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 2:23 AM
Thanks for updating! :D
BTW I guess you selected a previous version of Chinese strings? The last two lines are still in English.
Deceased
Original Poster
#122 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
Thanks for updating! :D
BTW I guess you selected a previous version of Chinese strings? The last two lines are still in English.

Sorry, I've updated that with your latest translation. Thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#123 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
-The sim put its crate near the curb (but it was still on the lot), and when "Place In World"-ing objects out of there, some ended up on the curb where they became inaccessible (so the sim couldn't re-pack them either)

- This is more a cosmetic issue, but, when unpacking a crate would it be possible that the inventory view remains open? Right now I go Open > select item > Place in World, then the crate closes and I need to open it again. When moving a household full of stuff that gets a bit tedious.

I addressed both of these issues/suggestions tonight. The latest version will allow crates to be used off the home lot. Unpacked objects will persist on other lots and will continue to be owned by the original household so the items can be repacked as well after usage. The script will now also reopen the crate's inventory after unpacking as long as items remain in the crate.

The UI glitch that shows single items in crate as being stacked after taking a crate to another lot still persists. The objects are not duplicated - just ignore the extra item, it will go away at the next reload (or after carrying the crate to another lot). If it proves bothersome when unpacking a large number of items, drop the crate on the lot, save and reload and the crate will show only one of each object.

Thanks @plasticbox for the feedback!
Mad Poster
#124 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 11:56 AM
It would appear from my testing that this mod is now interfering with the fish tanks that were introduced with Spa Day. When I have this mod installed the tanks do not retain their fish inventories when Sims leave and then return to the lot or on loading of a Save game.
I've just removed it and played three seperate homes in three seperate save files and they all now retain their fish when travelling and loading.

The only anomaly in my testing is that when I tested a few days ago by removing my ENTIRE mods folder the issue was still there. Removing JUST your mod seems to fix the issue though.

Deceased
Original Poster
#125 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It would appear from my testing that this mod is now interfering with the fish tanks that were introduced with Spa Day.

Thanks for the bug report @Menaceman44 - Yes, the inventory enum tuning for the aquaria was overwritten by the mod. I've uploaded a fixed version, but can't test it as I don't have Spa Day. 99.9% sure this will fix it though, as the missing inventory enum tuning would definitely have caused problems.
Page 5 of 13