Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Juice Blender

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,679 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 331,139 Views
Uploaded: 21st Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM
Updated: 5th Mar 2016 at 10:25 PM
This is a functional juice blender that sims can use to make juice from apples, pears, carrots, tomatos, blackberries, grapes, or oranges.

Update 2016-03-05: Updated with the rest of the Italian translation, revised Dutch translation, and Polish translation for the orange juice.

The blender has various options:
  • Blend Juice ‒ for a single glass
  • Serve Juice ‒ for a pitcher
  • Clean/Repair like on the tea machine; Upgrade is (partly) changed to have custom strings

All juices require ingredients -- one fruit/vegetable for a single serving, six for a group serving. Ingredients are taken either from the sim or the fridge inventory (stuff in the fridge comes first). The better the ingredients are, the better the juice; but I’ve tuned it so that sims will drink “Okay” quality juice without making faces and ewwww-bleh noises (i.e. Okay actually means Okay, not “tastes like puddle”).

The juices are basically like the Maxis orange juice, just with different colours and more low-polyness and additional half-full states. (Or half-empty states? Discuss! )

Available in Small Appliances for 180§, teens and older can use it.

The whole thing still has room for improvement (actually, two rooms), but since I didn't get anywhere I just finished everything else and decided to upload as is for now, instead of fiddling forever:
  • It is using the unchanged tea machine animations (including props, see the “Prepare” screenshots -- sims pour tea leaves into the machine etc), because in order to make custom ones *and* have sims route to the object right at the start, I would have to override S4_7DF2169C_00000000_0000000000003FCC cooking_Counter.xml (bad idea) or add on to it, and I haven’t yet figured out how to do the latter. I assume it’s possible to do that (and probably even quite simple once you know how), but for now, there are tea leaves. The sounds are also from the tea machine but they actually fit quite well ‒ the boiling water is not too unlike mashing fruits into pieces. Use your imagination!

• Right now the juice in the pitcher and machine (behind the glass) only has one colour option (it is always orange); I haven’t quite figured out yet how to set material states on the crafting object without breaking the actual crafting. Ideally this should of course match the colour of the juice that is being blended. This is also why it has only one olour option overall at the moment (black/dark grey, like on the screenshots).

Also, on the “Prepare” screenshots + some others, the glass parts still have a different shader ‒ the final object looks like on the first three screenshots, where the glass on the pitcher is a bit milky (that is on purpose, to make the wrongly-coloured juice less obvious).

Blender and juices speak the following languages: US English (pbox), Simplified Chinese (wuccwzt), Traditional Chinese (egureh), Czech (Rynka_CS), Dutch (ElenaInTheSims), French (PharaohHound/Damabiah/MiniMimi), German (pbox), Italian (Ele88), European Portuguese (azoresman/simshout), Brazilian Portuguese (matheusmm94), Norwegian (therbon), Polish (hubi98), Russian (thesimsclub), Spanish (gato_24). Thank you all!

The additional orange juice has Engish, German, Dutch, Norwegian and French (I hope I got those right -- I learned all my Dutch from Sinaasappelsap packages! ), as well as Chinese (egureh), Italian (ele88), Polish (Piesek64), and Czech (Rynka_CS).

More contributions welcome; see here if you want to translate mods but don’t know how.

Polygon Counts:

Juice blender, high poly: 437-529V/476-540F (depending on active state)
Juice blender, low poly: 294-404V/301-349F
Juice blender, high poly sun shadow: 266V/474F
Juice blender, low poly sun shadow: 126V/220F

Juice glass, high poly: 137V/132F
Juice glass, low poly: 86V/72F
Juice glass, sun shadow: 29V/44F

blender, Paint.net, TSRW/Milkshape, XML Extractor, Notepad++, s4pe.