Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:27 AM
All the items sell like hotcakes in the saviier stands of my 'bees' family! However was it made on purpose that the candle that is still in the jar sells for 100§ while the unmolded one is 85§? I now sell them in their jars, it brings more money but the stand is less pretty, no candles of all colors -.- shouldn't the jar stage sell for only 65 to 75§ to be more logical?
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 12:49 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 4th Aug 2016 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Formatting
@Gh3n

Thanks for reporting that. That is a confirmed bug. It only manifests in games where the cow milk from the Dairy Corral is used without Cinderellimouse's ingredient being installed. This dependency is unintended and I'm actively working on a fix with the testers. Keep an eye on the mod's main page for an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

@MiniMimi
@Lulu_c

I agree with you and have considered this during development. Unfortunately, there's no obvious way to vary each jar's price. Any changes in price would apply to all jars from the canning station.
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 1:56 PM
That's what I thought, and I guess the candle price is unchangeable too. But it really doesn't matter; I'll sell them as finished candles, the difference is only 15§ after all! it will be way prettier with all the candles of different colors
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@Freja
@desiree101

Thanks for reporting this. Will PM you shortly.

@cdshrout1171

Which plants? Is this the only new mod that has been installed? Would be great if you can update us on this. Thanks!

I didn't figure out what caused it. Spend all day combing through downloaded content, deleting everything from those packs, so that I could redownload them AGAIN. I thought I had added you mod before this happened, and I hadn't. I had forgotten and it was still in my downloaded folder. Haven't gotten the chance to use it yet. Still growing my plants.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#80 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 7:49 PM
This is a good mod. Thank you. The Single Moms household with love this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 2:32 AM
Update
@Freja
@Gh3n

The mod has been updated to address the milk reset issue--see the mod's description page for details. Please download the mod again and replace the previous version with this updated one. Delete scriptCache.package from the Sims 3 folder before restarting your game.

Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and improving this mod for all players.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 3:53 PM
I was just ready to remove the canning station, no fun at all. Thank you so much for your hard work :lovestruc :lovestruc . I am going to try it out today!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 6:44 PM
This is such a well though out mod Butterbot, AMAZING work!!! I really like the way my sims can have real usable cookie jars, it's so cute I adore this mod so much for this, but I was wondering if I were going to make my own cookie texture for the jars how would I go about adding it to the jars dedicated to the cookies (I'm assuming I'd use S3PE, but Im also not sure were to look)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 9th Aug 2016 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Typo
@Dj Tiff

Thanks for the kind comment. Textures cannot be added without modifying the code as well.

As a side note, I've been mulling over doing something with the cookie jars that came with the Store bakery set. I'd be curious to hear how you use cookie jars in your game: to store cookies at a sim's home after baking a big batch, to sell at consignment, to sell with Ani's mods, to take to the park for picnics, etc?
Field Researcher
#85 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 1:49 AM
Yes yes FINALLY! I can finally review on Youtube! This was so much fun to test and there's so much work put into it- I can't wait to go can everything for my Test of Time Challenge. I can't rave enough, excellent work here man!

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by edwardgr : 5th Aug 2016 at 7:35 PM.
I was not interested in buying the Mill set from the store until this mod hit. So really you should ask EA for a cut, because they would have never sold me the set if you hadn't delivered this fantastic mod.

If your sims are going to have babies, the make rations option is an essential in preparing. Make rations now and as you power through the baby phase you need not worry about meal prep time.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 7:44 PM
Another suggestion, could you add apple butter please? You could also make yogurt with the milk.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Has this mod broken anyone's Bohemian Garden Set? My auto-soils are no longer working...

edit: nvm.. its not the mod? What is up.. - u -

I had to reinstall my Bohemian Garden Set, the Cart and Grandpa's Grove in order to get the plants to work...after installing this mod.
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 2:43 AM
I'm very confused as to how I'm supposed to use S3PE to modify this... I have StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package and StoreFix_Fixes.package in my Overrides folder. I'm not smart technology-wise, so the directions to using S3PE aren't clear to me. Can anybody help me? I'm very lost and confused.
Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:39 PM
@Littlest-Lapin

Take a look at the following post earlier in these comments: http://modthesims.info/download.php...271#post5062271

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 1:02 AM
I love this mod! I was thinking about some additional functionality that allows you to make baby food ahead of time that doesn't require you to use the food processor after you de-can them. But thank you! You made the canning station useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 9:54 PM
this is fantastic!
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 3:59 AM
@Dj Tiff

Thanks for the kind comment. Textures cannot be added without modifying the code as well.

As a side note, I've been mulling over doing something with the cookie jars that came with the Store bakery set. I'd be curious to hear how you use cookie jars in your game: to store cookies at a sims home after baking a big batch, to sell at consignment, to sell with Ani's mods, to take to the park for picnics, etc?

Oh wow Butterbot having a picnic with the jars and your Cookie Jars from the Store Set idea sound really cool. I basically do what you said except the picnic part, I also seem to always forget about the picnic basket in the sims 3.

I usually…

- have a bake sale, ration the cookies into a jars and put out single serving to buy with Ani’s mod. The more they sell the more Jars I open.

-Sometimes I like to pretend my Sim read a note from the Cookie Jar and have my Witch Sim cast a Good Luck Charm on them. If it’s successful it was a nice note but if it wasn’t… it probably wasn’t a very nice note. (got that idea for the Fortune Cookie Machine from WA)

-I was also thinking of putting Cinderellimouse’s mod: Let Me Give You a Tip, Tip Jar next to a Cookie Jar and say it’s a swear jar for my rude Sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 4:08 AM
Nice kitchen, I really like!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 4:37 AM
Hi! It's very interesting mod, but can you add string, that it can be translated into other languages. (english isn't my first language).
Field Researcher
#96 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:33 PM
Is there a way to fix this mod so that the Bohemian Garden Set, the Cart, and Grandpa's Grove are not broken by it? Just curious. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#97 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM
@magdalenepoet

As far as I know, the mod works without problems with the Bohemian Garden Set and Grandpa's Grove--both are installed in my game. Other players are using Ani's Produce Cart to sell canning station jars successfully.

Are you experiencing a specific issue?
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 8:09 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 10th Aug 2016 at 9:09 PM.
@Dj Tiff
As a side note, I've been mulling over doing something with the cookie jars that came with the Store bakery set. I'd be curious to hear how you use cookie jars in your game: to store cookies at a sim's home after baking a big batch, to sell at consignment, to sell with Ani's mods, to take to the park for picnics, etc?

Hmmm 2 uses depending on the size of the family: big family with kids and/or teens: make a ton of cookies and store them, and used when back from school! Small families: make a batch of cookies, jar them then sell them using the amazinglyawesome ani's savvy seller which I abuse.
BTW using the generic food maker I edited the huge cookie jar from the bakery store set to give out cookie plates and use that when there's no leftovers nor canned jars. Pregnant sims love it But it's a cheaty option and rarely use it.
Thank you for your mod BotterBot, I LOVE seeing them make those jars and now thanks to the ani's stands the canned jars are slowly taking over the city. One thing I noticed though is that any jar bought becomes a basic jam jar when I play a family that bought one, even if it was honey etc... Dunno if anyone reported that. (no, they were not restocked or anything)

magdalenepoet, I have both sets in my game, with this mod, and they all get along perfectly. Store stuff is very prone to installation problems, good luck with repairing that. best advise is to uninstall/reinstall them.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 8:12 PM
Hi Butterbot,
No, I was just curious. I have not been able to play The Sims 3 due to patch 1.69, and I want to make sure everything is okay when I get my games back, and can play again. By the way, the Bohemian Garden Set is one of my favorite things about the Sims 3. What is yours? Thank you for letting me know.

magdalenepoet
Instructor
Original Poster
#100 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 11:30 PM
@MiniMimi

It's really neat how you use cookie jars in the game!

Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
[...]now thanks to the ani's stands the canned jars are slowly taking over the city. One thing I noticed though is that any jar bought becomes a basic jam jar when I play a family that bought one, even if it was honey etc

Interesting... I just tested buying/selling custom spreads with Ani's Produce Stand and cannot replicate what you described. The honey spread remains and functions as honey spread when it's bought by NPCs autonomously or when the active sim buys it from a stand owned by an NPC. There's nothing inherent to the jam jars (including custom ones like honey spread) that prevents them from keeping all their attributes when transferred between sims or households. For example, canning station jars continue to function properly when given as gifts.

The only thing I can think of is if the EP/modded ingredient/store content that was used initially to make the spread has been uninstalled--that would either make the jam jar revert to the default EA jam or render it non-functional altogether.

@magdalenepoet

Quote: Originally posted by magdalenepoet
By the way, the Bohemian Garden Set is one of my favorite things about the Sims 3. What is yours?

I enjoy Bohemian Garden a lot too! Unlike in real life, I really like gardening in the game (no insects and sweating), so some of my favourite items are the composting station and the greenhouse (all the glass looks so cool). Randomly hannging out next to the ocean is also something I like a great deal, as it's rather relaxing.
Page 4 of 9