Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 27
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#351 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Amazing, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:26 PM
I saw this and remembered loving it from the Sims 3, thank you for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#353 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:21 AM
Really love the idea! I just don't have the pack needed :/ But if I buy it some day I will definitely download this!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#354 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
Hi icemunmun! I love this mod, playing as a fairy is a lot of fun and my current Sim is so cute! My girl's voice, however, is kind of wonky. At normal speed, her voice has been raised to sound as if it's sped up, but when playing at fast speed, she sounds normal. It's not a bother, just something I wanted to mention. Thanks for all your great work for The Sims!!!

That is strange! This is an object mod and so should not affect sim's voices in any way... Will check with the fairy mod once I get some time

Quote: Originally posted by Sighubert
Hello.
I just want to ask if it was possible to use the basis of this mod to make a mod for the production of wine from grapes?
I mean here the production, get the wine in bottles and sell the bottles in a store.

I am currently working on a functional nectar maker for all kinds of different nectar from different fruits

Quote: Originally posted by jellycatty
ive never been able to get any of the icemunmun mods to work no matter what i do :'( they just dont show up in my build mode at all

Hi! Can I as you what method you use to unzip your packages ?

Quote: Originally posted by nezzie_
Really love the idea! I just don't have the pack needed :/ But if I buy it some day I will definitely download this!

Sometime back I was working to make this base game compatible. haven't had all that much success yet but will keep trying
Lab Assistant
#355 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sighubert
Hello.
I just want to ask if it was possible to use the basis of this mod to make a mod for the production of wine from grapes?
I mean here the production, get the wine in bottles and sell the bottles in a store.

You can get wine and liquor at Leniad's Cupboard on Sims 4 Studio. There isn't a nectar make like in Sims 3 for the wine, but there is a distillery for the liquor.
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jellycatty
ive never been able to get any of the icemunmun mods to work no matter what i do :'( they just dont show up in my build mode at all

I know you need crinrict's resource.cfg file in order for some mods to function. Could this be a possible reason it doesn't work for you?
Lab Assistant
#357 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:41 PM
I come only told you , thank you for your work, you have brought so much to my game and you are a wonderful person, always listening to your followers. I make you big kisses because you need to know that we love you and that we recognize your hard work that you do for us.And all your mods work and it is sometimes necessary to update because of the updates that break your mods but it is not your fault !!! And you repair immediately. Thanks for that too. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#358 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:29 PM
Hi, I have a question regarding this mod. Do I download all of them?

Sorry for being blurred. I have read the descriptions but I'm still confused. ^^;;
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#359 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:36 PM
Thank You!

<3
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DangerouslySimmer
Hi, I have a question regarding this mod. Do I download all of them?

Sorry for being blurred. I have read the descriptions but I'm still confused. ^^;;

Download the base file, the retail shelves file, the plate file and then for the Preserves_EA and the Preserves_Custom choose whether or not your want the ingredients to be required or optional.
Theorist
#361 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:29 PM
Hi, I've found that after the Jungle Adventure patch that the canning station is giving me LEs. Hopefully the attached LE file works, or the text from it pasted below:

Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#362 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Hi, I've found that after the Jungle Adventure patch that the canning station is giving me LEs. Hopefully the attached LE file works, or the text from it pasted below:

You need the Base + Black Plate + preserves. These LEs pop up if the black plate is missing Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#363 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I know you need crinrict's resource.cfg file in order for some mods to function. Could this be a possible reason it doesn't work for you?

ooh i'll give it a go
Test Subject
#364 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun

Hi! Can I as you what method you use to unzip your packages ?

Sometime back I was working to make this base game compatible. haven't had all that much success yet but will keep trying

i use winrar, is that ok to use?
Test Subject
#365 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171

it didn't work because i'm an idiot who didn't realise rar files were compressed and needed unzipping
Test Subject
#366 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Urbiezira
I was wondering though if there is a way to keep the cleaning service from moving all the jars from the display rack to the fridge. I'm going to try to keep my display in a room that I lock for anyone but the family, but I'd love to be able to just have it in my kitchen.

I'm having this issue as well. The maid will spend hours putting all of my sims preserves in the fridge. Naturally the fridge is overly full of every type of produce known to Simkind and it becomes a pain to try to find anything. I definitely would prefer to keep the preserves on the lovely shelves that were intended for them. Anything I can do other than placing the preserves shelf in a vault?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:09 PM
I made a grocery/liquor store/bakery that sells prepared meals by Icemunmun, Leniad and others. It is on the gallery as Emma's Shops under the username Wingity. All meals were prepared by my sim, Emma and are of excellent or better quality. The lot is styled for Windenburg and contains a huge selection of cc and ea recipes.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#368 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 6:05 PM
Ha, my English! I thought it was some Kind of ... sth. to sell beer or whatever ... Thanks also to Google Translation! Anyway: Thank you, I LOVE this Mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#369 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:40 PM
Thank you so much - just tried this out in game and it is absolutely fantastic! I can't imagine how much work this took but it definitely paid off! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#370 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 9:48 PM
Its no longer working for me. When I select to make jam or any item nothing is their the screen is empty no selections. I updated the mod to latest before all the new packs came out. What is going on?
Test Subject
#371 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slytherin
Its no longer working for me. When I select to make jam or any item nothing is their the screen is empty no selections. I updated the mod to latest before all the new packs came out. What is going on?

same, I'm getting the 'last exception' message.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#372 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UndeadKitten
same, I'm getting the 'last exception' message.

Can you attach the last exception message here under spoilers ? Make sure that you have downloaded the Black plate package too

Quote: Originally posted by slytherin

Hey! Having a bit of trouble understanding Can you clarify - 'updated the mod to latest before all the new packs came out' ? What patch are you on ? What is your canning skill ? Download either the icemunmun_Canning_preserves_EA or icemunmun_Canning_preserves_EA_IngredientOptional ( Same for Custom preserves). If you have both it will conflict.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#373 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:47 PM
I got the canning base and canning perserves custom installed. I am on the latest patch and all updated game.
Field Researcher
#374 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:45 PM
Default Unexpected Game Enhancement
I love this mod and have to share something funny that just happened in my game because of it. I have a family who runs a harvest farm store where they also sell the canned goods they have made. A few days ago, another one of my families was visiting Selvadorado and a marketplace vendor whipped out one of their jars of jam to resell on his table. I laughed so hard. It was actually pretty realistic and quite unexpected.

And now I am excited to see the candle making mod! I imagine the same kind of thing could happen and I'm looking forward to it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#375 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:48 PM
This Is Amazing :D
Page 15 of 27