Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set Filters on Paintings by Reference v4

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Nov 2017 at 5:37 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 12:08 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for 04/16/2019 game patch

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:20 AM
I have both expansions and the mod was working fine up untill the latest patch/update of the game - ofc I don't know if was pure luck/coincidence that it worked. I'm just letting you know because it might be helpfull.
Deceased
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onyeka001
I have both expansions and the mod was working fine up untill the latest patch/update of the game - ofc I don't know if was pure luck/coincidence that it worked. I'm just letting you know because it might be helpfull.

That is interesting, but I know that lkandak was having the issue well prior to the latest patch. It's kind of a mystery as the same Python game scripts are used no matter what expansions you have. My best guess is that there must be some differences in how the executable program itself handles the storage and manipulation of those images - which is why I don't think there's any easy fix for the issue, unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:07 PM
I dont think the mod is broken since the pet-addon, I think the error came later, but i dont know exactly when...ah, it can be... it comes with jungle-pack, yes I'm almost sure...
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 7:21 PM
I also recently noticed a problem, seems to have came after the last update but am not 100% sure. I had recently installed City Living and I know it was working before I added that expansion. The paint from reference seems to work fine, the only issue I was seeing is that it that the paintings were no longer random. Always the same painting in whatever given style. 1st level painter painting say a flirty image painted a flirty image then every time there after the flirty image painted would be the same image even at level 10. Same for all of the others. It would paint a picture of the correct size from the correct group by always the same image within that group.

I removed the mod and everything is back to normal.
Test Subject
#55 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:26 AM
I love this mod so much, so sad it's not working for me anymore (like others, i have the pets ep installed and my sims now are always paint the same paintings over and over). Maybe some kind modder could update this for us with the pets ep installed, since the brilliant creator of this mod doesn't have it?
Anyway, thank you for your hard work, scumbumbo, it's very much appreciated.
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:17 PM
It was most likely the update for the Jungle that broke this mod. I was using it just fine up until I installed it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
i have also notice painting the same picture over and over
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM
any details on if this mod will be updated
Deceased
Original Poster
#59 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by willberg5000
any details on if this mod will be updated

The mod is tested and working as-is, other than presumably still not working for those with one of the (not sure which: Ctiies, Pets or Jungle we think) expansion packs that changes how images are stored internally rendering the filter change impossible.
Deceased
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:49 PM
Did some minor updates today. They don't affect the game play in any way, but may be affected by future patches so upgrading is recommended.

I don't believe these changes will fix the bugs seen by some with certain game packs, but if you're one of those affected by that you could give it a shot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:37 AM
oh thank you sooo much...kisses and huggins
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 9:32 AM
Absolutely LOVE this mod..it has made my painting life that much more enjoyable. I have even gone back and touched up older paintings with it and wow it works so well....what an amazing idea you had here. Didnt even know this could be done, and have passed this on to others in sims. Big thank you for this ♥ Oh just wanted to add after reading other posts above that I have not had any issues in my game with this mod. I have all the expansions for the game...it has worked perfectly for me. I will come back and get your update tomorrow, just in case ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:25 AM
Oh my Lord, this is wonderful! I'll be adding this to my game as soon as possible. Now I can have actual nice portraits of my sims for my legacy challenge. Thanks so much for this! Hope this works with Seasons. -fingers crossed-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:31 PM
Thank you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#65 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:43 AM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:08 AM
Last time I had checked this mod wasn't up to date, which was a shame. Super excited to get to try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:43 PM
Thank you so much for this :) I can't wait to check this out in game!
Deceased
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 0xalis
Last time I had checked this mod wasn't up to date, which was a shame. Super excited to get to try it out!

@0xalis Not sure where you saw it wasn't up to date - it should be working fine (does in my game). I'd suggest give it a try, although there are some game configurations (we don't know exactly what) that makes it cause issues. I can't really fix that though without solid information as to precisely what's making it go wrong for some folks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:27 PM
Ohh I am thrilled to find this and look forward to this addition to my game. Thank you so much! ♥
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:06 AM
I'm currently playing a painter sim and encountered a bug with this mod. When my sim crafts regular large paintings (abstract, pop art, surreal, etc.) the painting shows up as a blank canvas when I put it in the sim's inventory or when I drag it around in live mode. If I leave the the lot and come back, or after some sim time has passed, the painting becomes a blank canvas even when mounted on a wall or placed on an easel. So eventually I end up with a masterpiece blank canvas

This bug doesn't occur with medium or small crafted paintings, just the large ones. I didn't test paint by reference paintings but I assume the mod works properly on those. When I remove this mod, the bug goes away. Could you check this out at your convenience? Thanks in advance.
Deceased
Original Poster
#71 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:53 AM
@J2ad I can confirm this is an issue with the current mod. I've identified what the issue is and have a plan on what changes to make to get it fixed "properly". There's a quick fix I could make, but it's not ideal - what is needed is to tag the paint by reference paintings so they can be identified and the filter setting action can be removed from regular paintings.

The reason it's happening to the large paintings is that I somehow included something in the mod that was experimental and should not have been included; however, you can see the same thing happen with small and medium regular paintings by setting a filter on them manually. The filter doesn't do anything for regular paintings other than mess them up in the manner you've described.

The new version, tonight or tomorrow, should prevent you from setting a filter on a regular painting and will not attempt to apply one by default.
Deceased
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:58 AM
Version 2 of the mod is now available which fixes the bug identified by J2ad above. Thanks for finding that error and providing all the info I needed to track down exactly what was going wrong!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:40 AM
@scumbumbo That was super quick. Thanks for the update

Ugh, I really can't stand that gross paint by reference filter. . . and, sims walking all the way upstairs to wash dishes in the bathroom . . . and, random npcs calling my sims at all hours. Thankfully, your excellent mods take care of all these annoyances. Cheers!
Deceased
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:19 AM
I'm still updating script mods but took a look at this one to see if it works with paint from references created using the new sketchpad. It does, everything seems to be working fine and no update should be required for the Nov 13 patch.
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:30 AM
Thankyou very much for this great mod! Since the patch though, my sims can’t use the new Sketchpad item when this mod is in my mods folder. They can use the sketch pad when the mod isn’t in my mods folder. I am not sure if you are finding the same thing occurring in your game also.
Page 3 of 5