Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
Default Weird graphics on sims 1 windows 8
I keep getting this on sims 1 when i start the game up
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:45 PM
That's a graphics problem. Just because your computer is new and the game is old, doesn't mean your machine knows how to render it properly. It may be a clash of technologies rather than a problem with the machine per se. Remember, the prehistoric cave paintings of southern France and northern Spain look best by the light of smoky oil lamps. Similarly, Sims1 was designed to work with a particular kind of machine, and the machine you're using was designed to take advantage of advances in hardware design that the game developers couldn't anticipate. It's even possible, if you have a laptop that's optimized for something besides graphics, that its graphical system isn't up to the demands of the game, and you could damage your computer by forcing it to run such a high-graphics program.

You'll have to do a little research, into your system specs and into the game requirements. Which will be a pain, because the research environment is predicated on the notion that you want the latest-greatest, not that you want to run a ten-year-old game. However, people here do play it on new machines and with satisfactory graphics, so it's doable. It's possible that something as simple as changing your graphics rules will fix everything right up.

I would, however, back up any important files onto an external device. If graphics are running off a processor integrated into your motherboard, and blow it out due to overstraining, all the data on the computer will go with it. External backups are a good idea generally, because all computers die sooner or later.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)