Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 3:53 PM
Oh....thanks for clearing that up MissTech.

Actually I mixed it up. We do have a race problem, but not a Faith problem. Also a tribe problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:08 AM
I heard from my grandma that it was common to be teased when you had glasses or ginger hair. I don't see why, I love red hair. I often die my hair a fiery shade of red and get compliments whenever I do.
#78 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lwerszva
Meh, this discrimination has been around since, like, the middle ages. Superstitious people have always believed it to be associated with Satan and whatnot. There isn't anything different about redheads personality-wise. You've got redheads like Lizzie Borden and Judas, but there were also people like Queen Elizabeth I and George Washington. I personally wish I had red hair. I love the way it looks.

George Washington and Queen Elizabeth had red hair?
Alchemist
#79 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lockshockbarrel
George Washington and Queen Elizabeth had red hair?

Yes. Elizabeth I at least did. Personally in all the pictures I've seen of Washington, he wore a white wig.

As for the whole haircolour discrimination...I heard redheads in some parts of the country go through it. Personally, I dyed my hair red for 5 years, because I liked it. I always got good response to it. It seems people will discriminate against anything out of the norm. Meh.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:18 AM
I moved to the UK about a year and a half ago. I'd never heard of the whole redhead thing until I got engaged and my future mother-in-law asked my fiance whether I was a real redhead. On hearing that I dye my hair, she gave this big sigh of relief and said "good, I was scared you'd have ginger kids and they'd be bullied".

Little does she know that I was born with a headful of bright red hair that faded to blonde as I grew up

It does seem to be a thing here. I don't get it, I love red hair :shrug:
#81 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:34 AM
Well, it is kinda a horrible thing, I live in the UK and you hear it all the time. But I live in South East London.. which kinda has a reputation for bringing up things like this. Take a school... they have simple statements which make a 'cuss'... basically "Your Mum" or "Ginger" can simply be taken as a horrible thing to say to someone. I think it is more the bright carrot tops (sorry lol) that get the discrimination, more than the people that dye their hair a red.

Kittentits: I've lived in the UK my whole life and I still don't get half of it, though it is mostly boys.. teenage boys who bring them up... where I live lol.
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:43 AM
It does seem like girls are okay to be redheads, whereas boys will be bullied. Maybe it's just me, but I think ginger boys are adorable. But that might have to do with the fact that one of my best male friends growing up was as ginger as they come.

Page 4 of 4