Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:47 PM
Default WCIF Smarter customers mod - go to more than one cashier!
Is there a mod that fixes this lunacy?

Ideally they would spread out evenly to different cashiers but they insist on picking one and then getting mad when it doesn't go fast enough...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 6:30 PM
Normally they should do that after a while. (just what I heard, it's been a long time since I played).

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:47 AM
Business Runs You from Maty would almost certainly help, but there's literally no description for it because Pescado :/

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:13 AM
I've had BRY for years and when there is more than one cashier, the customers do usually split into one line per register. It does sometimes take them a second or two to realize that there is more than one register available.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Normally they should do that after a while. (just what I heard, it's been a long time since I played).

Sometimes they do that and sometimes they don't. I'd like them to do it every time, it's just so frustrating to see 11 sims at one line and 0 at another! It's like come ooon!
Quote: Originally posted by Siofra
Business Runs You from Maty would almost certainly help, but there's literally no description for it because Pescado :/

Thank you, I'll check it out! Sounds scary to put something in your game without knowing exactly what it is, but I've never needed to remove a MATY mod.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've had BRY for years and when there is more than one cashier, the customers do usually split into one line per register. It does sometimes take them a second or two to realize that there is more than one register available.

Or sometimes it takes until it's too late and they have stormed off in anger. Lol. Hopefully I can get some consistency with that mod.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Thank you, I'll check it out! Sounds scary to put something in your game without knowing exactly what it is, but I've never needed to remove a MATY mod.

Ah, ha ha, sorry! I'm such an oldtimer I forget not everyone knows the ins and outs of old mods.

Macrotastics (linked on that page, you'll need it for BRY) creates macros for your sims. Like "macro/...clean" makes them clean everything dirty on the lot. BRY is an extension. You place the red hammer/sickle item on your lot, and it has different options. One of the default behaviors is that it manages customers and employees better, like pushing customers that are done shopping off the lot, so new customers can come in, so that's why I assume it also controls queueing better. There's other stuff, too, like making sure your employee's needs are kept full. It's a godsend on owned businesses, but yeah, I understand the caution!

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:31 AM
CJH_FinishAtRegister.zip (531 Bytes) Is the code from the current version of A&N as a mod which will make the following change.
If there is more than 1 register then
Sims will choose the cash register that has an operator and has the shortest queue.
If a cash register has no operator but others do then that one will not be used so your customers will not queue at a register with no possible service.

Note: Sims don't re-consider the choice of register after their initial choice, if your business owner closes the business then assigns themself to a register to handle the extra load it's probably too late, most customers have already been 'pushed' to go to a register and have already ignored the empty one that the owner will choose to handle.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 10:38 AM
Just a tip after some testing - either use Pescado's BusinessRunsYou OR Chris Hatch's FinishAtRegister. Either mod will fix the register queue problem just fine on its own, but don't use both mods in your game at the same time. When I tried with both, I got a few frozen customers in the checkout line and several piles of shopping bags on the ground. This is the first time I've ever had so many customers get so upset.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:31 PM
Super helpful Chris, thank you!
Roxellen: Wow lol, I'm glad i didn't play until I read this XD
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 7:32 PM
I just tested them and neither of the mods work. Still they only go to one cashier, the other 3 cashiers just stand still and do nothing. But for some reason most of the customers just go queuing at the other side of the store, where there aren't any cash registers... and then get mad when they get no help because they can't get help. Clearly something wrong here. Any idea if this can be fixed?
Things like this just makes me want to give up XD It's like every time I get a fun idea the game just goes "Nope, can't do that for you."

How did you get it to work in your game? Is there something I'm doing wrong, judging by the pictures?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Pideli : 28th Aug 2018 at 8:19 PM.
Just tested it on another lot and it worked like a charm! So it seems like it has to do with the lot rather than the mod. Maybe it has something to do with the cash registers themselves (I used a different one) or the layout of the lot. I'll update here when/if I find a solution, I figured I wanted to post this asap so no one wastes their time by investigating the mod or something.

EDIT:
Sure enough, I changed the cash register and the problem reappeared. For some reason the problem was with that particular cash register.

AH YES I SOLVED IT! I changed cashier in my robot family and everything works as it should! This is the first time I've seen THIS:

So a note to all business owners: Don't use that red-and-white cash register! XD
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:09 PM
Just tested it on another lot and it worked like a charm! So it seems like it has to do with the lot rather than the mod. Maybe it has something to do with the cash registers themselves (I used a different one) or the layout of the lot. I'll update here when/if I find a solution, I figured I wanted to post this asap so no one wastes their time by investigating the mod or something.

So the basic line is: the mods aren't needed?
Btw how do you get so many customers? Or is it just a 5 star business?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:23 PM
So the basic line is: the mods aren't needed?

Oh, didn't think of that, maybe I should try without the mod too, lol. But that's for another time, I've already closed and reopened the game so many times, why change anything when it works? You could try it if you're curious! The mod by Chris also makes it so that the sims don't queue at an unattended register when there are cashiers at another one, so I think I will keep the mod.

Also, I use the teleporter shrub from simlogical.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:35 AM

Must be a Target sale...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:18 AM
EDIT:
Sure enough, I changed the cash register and the problem reappeared. For some reason the problem was with that particular cash register.

AH YES I SOLVED IT! I changed cashier in my robot family and everything works as it should!

So a note to all business owners: Don't use that red-and-white cash register! XD

This makes sense. The red and white cash register came with H & M Fashion Stuff. This isn't the first time that EA didn't make sure that content from a later pack was compatible with an earlier pack.

My memory is a bit foggy, but I seem to remember that there was also some kind of problem with the H & M clothing racks needing a mod to work properly with OFB. They didn't have an empty state or didn't restock properly or something like that.

I suspect it won't be long before one of the amazing Sims 2 modders figures out what's wrong with the H & M cash register and fixes it.