Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 3:36 AM
Default heart fart
Sorry I can't remember the actual name of this Sim action; every time they see someone they are attracted to, they have to pause whatever they are doing to do this. OK man, this was cute whey you were a teen, but you've been married 40 years...STOP IT! Can't find the mod that stops this

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 3:53 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 1st Sep 2018 at 4:36 AM.
You can stop speech bubbles with a cheat but I am not sure there is any way to stop thought bubbles. You could try the cheat, although it will stop all talk bubbles. boolprop useEffects false I think.

Simlogical no balloon patch I think removes everything but heart farts http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_MiscHacks.htm so my guess is it can't/hasn't been done yet.

Neither may work on this though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:18 AM
If you're talking about the "I'm attracted to that person" reaction, I imagine there's an interaction somewhere that could be modded out, although I wouldn't know where to look for it - I've successfully modded out idle animations before, for example, so it's definitely possible. If you're talking about the thing where sims will randomly get a thought balloon or speech bubble with hearts or Xes on it without the accompanying "so hot!" animation, that usually features someone completely inappropriate (like someone of the wrong gender, or one of their parents, or something) that's caused by attraction memories being passed around in gossip and you can get rid of it just by using a mod to delete either all gossip, or just the attraction markers. Pescado's batbox does this, that I know of, and possibly others as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:32 AM
yea, I'm talking about the "attracted to that person" reaction. I don't mind the THOUGHT BUBBLE, but if I've directed them to do something, if they see the object of their affection they will pause, make a "hot" motion with their finger -- THAT is what I want to stop. And I remember reading about a mod that stops this.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:53 AM
Try this: http://simfileshare.net/download/257601/

It doesn't stop the romance swoon. Twojeffs has a mod that does: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 6:36 PM
Thanks Bulbizarre; I got Twojeffs' one, even though it says it only stops swooning at Romance Sims, which seems unrealistic to me. Who swoons at a known man-hoe.