Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM
Default WCIF...A way to choose masks or glasses by outfit
I have no idea if this exists, but I want my criminal masterminds and superheros to have actual superhero/villain personas based on either the athletic or outwear so I can see superheros around the hood but I still want them to look like their normal alter ego selves for casual and formal wear. I've found great stuff but most of the face hiding things are masks or glasses and so they stay on while casual and formal. I was wondering if there was a mod that made those categories work a little more like the BV jewelry option so I could have the accessories only when I want them (or all the time since when I was playing my alien hood, their body parts would go away when they put on PJ's) I figured I couldn't possibly be the only one that got annoyed by such things, so does such a thing exist? If so where might I find it?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:25 PM
You might be able to enable the accessories for athletic/outerwear only, but I'm not sure if you can still put them on (maybe if they're in the respective outfit).
You'll have to use SimPE, AlmightyHat has some useful information here. The tutorial is talking about clothing categories, but the numbers should be the same for accessories - if binning them is possible at all and it should be, because glasses are binned!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 12:09 AM
You can categorize regular accessories as jewelry. I haven't tried it, but this tutorial might help: http://modthesims.info/t/250076

You can also categorize accessories into different clothing categories, but keep in mind that if you want accessories to be easily accessible, they need to be everyday + (other categories). If not, they'll only show when a sim is wearing that category in CAS (I think?) and Change Appearance, and will not show up at all in Bodyshop.

So say you categorize a scarf as outerwear only - then sims need to change into outerwear before you can access that scarf in Change Appearance. This may suit your needs, but can be a bit frustrating when you forget you have that accesory, or can't remember how to find it ingame.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:55 AM
Wardrobe Wrangler will let you change them as well.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 12:53 PM
Does kstaron have Bon Voyage? I'd assumed they didn't or that they didn't want the masks to be jewelry.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:04 PM
If you want accessories to stay on at all times (even in the shower), categorize them as 137F. This makes the accessory showerproof and makes it show up with all clothing categories (swimwear = swimwear + showerproof).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:28 PM
Wish makeup could be done like that. Wearing it to bed looks so silly.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 5:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Sep 2018 at 6:26 PM.
There should be some category restrictions on makeup as well - the references in the PropertySet/MeshOverlay/(whatver it's called for makeup) are roughly the same. Haven't played around with it, though. You can also enable or disable makeup for various ages (Don't skip ages in between, so it's fine with toddler >adult, teen-> elder, infant-> elder, toddler->child, or similar - but don't do toddler+teen+adult, teen+elder, child+adult+elder, or similar).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wish makeup could be done like that. Wearing it to bed looks so silly.

I thought I did that? I'll check. I certainly made most make up unavailable for children and toddlers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 9:55 PM
You can make makeup and accessories unavailable but reversible for ages/genders by zeroing out either the age or gender, whichever is most convenient. I did that for some childish backpack recolors I made a while ago, and it worked fine (I need them for other ages later I just have to do a quick edit in the MeshOverlay).

You can also delete the PropertySet/meshOverlay/(makeup version - FaceOverlay?) for the age/gender. This is irreversible (for accessories you'd need to do a lot of tinkering to get it back), though for makeup you can just add whichever ages you removed to the youngest age still available.

When doing this you shouldn't skip ages, because you may get some issues with that.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:30 AM
Thanks, but it's not the ages I want to get rid of. I just don't put my children or toddlers in makeup at all. It's when adult sims go to bed fully made up and the only way to stop is to change appearance and have to put it all back on in the morning.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:17 AM
I think I said above that to remove categories you have to edit the "category" line in the TextureOverlayXML (makeup edition of PropertySet - I checked). 1327 should allow makeup only for everyday (7), formal (20), pregnant (100), outerwear (1000) and gym (200).

You can also edit clothes and accessories this way, if you want to add or remove categories they show up for (accessories should have everyday + other categories to show up properly).
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:29 AM
I wonder if anyone ever made a Default Replacement for the Maxis makeup then.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:53 AM
You can make a recategorizer for the makeup. I think all you need to do is to extract the TextureOverlayXML files and edit them to your liking, like you'd do for clothes.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I wonder if anyone ever made a Default Replacement for the Maxis makeup then.

Oh yes, I have one of those. Or some of those. AFAIAA, there are several sets out there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:40 PM
My way of defaulting clothes is downloading defaults I don't like and overwriting the mesh/textures lol. I have no idea how to do it properly.

Do you have a link to the one you have, maxon?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 8:14 PM
Lots of default replacement makeup here on MTS alone.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...ag=default&gs=1

I use these by CatOfEvilGenius:
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...8&gs=0&u=685127