Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:20 AM
Default s4s exported normal help
So I'm almost done creating service dog vests, but the exported normal doesn't cover all of the mesh. Can anyone help me figure out how to import my new normal so it displays correctly?
I've asked for help on the S4S site and wasn't able to get helpful replies. This is a link to a google drive folder containing all of my current files for this project HERE on the normalh map screen shot, the left side where it it noticibly more purple is the normal I was half way though creating, and the right is the exported EA normal. Obviously these don't match up quite right, the EA normal should cover the all of the mesh but for whatever reason its not (it stops just anterior to the back of the shoulders).

Thanks,
-Eliza
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:05 AM
Interesting. BTW, the way the mesh is UV mapped it doesn't exactly stop at the shoulders but it doesn't cover an area on the dog's right side under the 'saddle' and on both sides of the neck part. (I don't know how well you can see them in the pic below of the model with the bumpmap superimposed.) Also BTW your specular is messed up but that's beside the point.

I looked at the EA harness which I assume you cloned and at the EA llama dog, and it appears the standard body bumpmap is indeed 512x1024. On the llama dog the mesh is mapped so that everything is within that area except what appears to be eyelashes. In the EA harness it leaves the same parts out of the bumpmap as in your mesh. I suspect that's just an EA mistake.

I tried using a bumpmap that's 2048x1024 and it didn't crash the game. I couldn't tell if it was placed correctly on the vest, though. IMO a better way to approach it would be to scale the uv0 to fit inside that 512x1024 area and change your diffuse, spec, and bump textures to match, and see how that looks.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4