Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 4:35 PM
Default Sims sleep though the night
Where can I find a mod or hack that makes the sims sleep though the night or slow down the energy motive until the time I want them to wake up. I have Sim Manipulator installed and have to keep reducing the energy level to keep them in bed. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:06 PM
Sims usually do sleep through the night as long as they're in bed at midnight. They wake up at 6am. If this isn't happening then you might have a hack interfering.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:15 PM
Simlogical has an oldie but goodie hack that stops sims waking up at 6am come what may and sleep through the night. I've used it in forever. I think it must have been one of the first hacks I downloaded. I like it because it gets sims to wake up according to an aspect of their personality:

About half way down the page, the sleep later hack. Also you might like the one underneath that which gets elders to sleep through the night.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:25 PM
@maxon Thank you. I'll give it a try.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:28 PM
It does not work. I am using the Time control clock to slow down the game and does not stop the energy motive from moving up and they awaken. Any other way?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
It does not work. I am using the Time control clock to slow down the game and does not stop the energy motive from moving up and they awaken. Any other way?

That might be interfering with the hack Maxon posted then. I use it myself and it's always worked well in my game, but I also don't mess with the in-game clock or sim motives while using it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:38 PM
OK. I kinda thought that. But thought there might be a hack to slow down the energy motive while they are sleeping? Is there any hacks that slow down motives a lot?
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 8:18 PM
the mentioned clock is suppoused to do that (slowing the time by adding "fake-seconds" and slowing the motive decay/rise the same way) but it never worked that way, at last in my game, the time slows but needs delta is inconsistent. The solution is rising the time flow to 100% during the night and lowering to desired value during the day, it's a bit annoying honestly, because there's no simple on/off option.
Personally I've found a 70% as a kind of sweet spot which, with a little control over some stubborn larks is acceptable.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 9:04 AM
I always wondered why elders never sleep through the night. Do older people need less sleep?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:57 AM
There are a couple of mods -- I think they're both by Inge on Simlogical: Elders sleep though the Night and Toddlers sleep though the Night. I'm an elder myself, but my sleeping pattern is more like a typical teenager's -- going to bed too late (as a result of playing a certain video game ) and then not wanting to get up in the morning. So I use the Elders sleep though the Night for my Sim Elders. But in my (admittedly very limited) experience, Real Life toddlers can have very odd sleeping patterns, so I don't use the one for toddlers. What I would really like would be some sort of randomized one for toddlers, so that some woke crying at 3 a.m. while others slept on soundly till 6 a.m., or 7, or 8... Because that's what I think real toddlers do. Or maybe it could go by the toddlers' moods, aspirations and personalities, so that happy, well looked-after toddlers are more likely to sleep till morning.

I've often thought about the time-clock but never actually got it. In some ways it would suit my playstyle, but I've always managed to get enough time with my Sims by frequent use of the Pause button and occasional use of the SetHour cheat.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:44 AM
You should probably try using Chris Hatches slow time mod rather than the clock. That's an old mod, with some bugs and no creator around to update it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 1:52 PM
@joandsarah77 Are you talking about the Simlogical mod? I'm already using this time clock...
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=85710
I found the solution now. I'm using the sleep clock by MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...php?topic=142.0 and it seems to be working ok with the time clock so far. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.