Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 5:34 PM
Default Community time for university?
I have the community time mod that makes your sim return from the community lot at the time they actually left instead of rewinding to the time they left their house originally. It doesn't work for university neighborhoods though. Does anyone know of a mod that will work in the universities?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 7:31 PM
last time I sent Young Adults to a community lot, they did return the same time they left.
if you want same time left in semester, not sure if such a mod exists or not. like I posted in the Hacks & CC thread awhile ago, I wanted such a mod.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
last time I sent Young Adults to a community lot, they did return the same time they left.
if you want same time left in semester, not sure if such a mod exists or not. like I posted in the Hacks & CC thread awhile ago, I wanted such a mod.

Ah, okay this must be what I'm remembering then. Does the community time mod work on vacations too? It's been such a lifesaver for me, I don't think I could play without it
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 9:42 PM
It works in vacation neighborhoods, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't like hotel lot coding for some reason. I have an issue where check in/out doesn't work properly for the non-playable tourist guests, if the checking in/out happens while all playables are away from the hotel lot. I could go into more detail about what happens, but my work-around, since I won't play without Community Time, is to not use "standard" hotels. Instead, I bulldoze them all, build some extra community lots to replace some of the hotels' features (like a restaurant), and build vacation "rental" houses instead, which are essentially "hotels" with only one "room," and a whole small house is the "room." (Basically, build a small house, use the hotel room door as its only exterior door, then plop a check-in desk somewhere on the lot.) This eliminates non-playable tourist hotel guests.

In any case, it's not surprising that there are issues since the mod was made before BV existed, but it DOES generally work in vacation hoods, in the sense that if you send them to a community lot for a day, they won't return to their lodgings until whatever time it was that they left the community lot. It's kind of surprising that it works, given that vacation hoods are "timeless" like Uni is. But no, it doesn't work at all on Uni campuses, and I've never seen an update for the mod that makes it work. I'm not sure it'd be possible, given that time is calculated very differently on a campus. "Time left on the current semester" is the thing that the game calculates there, rather than being concerned with the day of the week or the time on the clock. If it IS possible, it'd probably be a separate mod from Community Time because it would have to work differently, internally.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.