Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:24 PM
Any Sims 5 topic gives me more anxiety than my midterm examinations, and I'm in pharmacy school.

If there's going to be a fifth Sims game, which I think it'll eventually happen, I hope EA gets it right this time for the sake of the entire franchise.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertigo
Any Sims 5 topic gives me more anxiety than my midterm examinations, and I'm in pharmacy school.

If there's going to be a fifth Sims game, which I think it'll eventually happen, I hope EA gets it right this time for the sake of the entire franchise.

LOLOLOLOLOL Well, good luck with your exams at least...
Forum Resident
#53 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I think it will happen most likely but I think most of us are thinking/fearing it will just be a mobile game, and a mess.

Oh boy. Like a "Freemium" game where you build your sim's neighborhood and complete dozens of microtransactions to progress? I will walk through the fires of hell to prevent that atrocity from occuring.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:27 AM
in like... 20 years... LOL
Instructor
#55 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:56 AM
If they do the Sims 5 it needs to the the freedom and open world of Sims 3 with the graphics, customization, personality, and interface of Sims 4. Anything less and it'll be a failure.
Theorist
#56 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
If they do the Sims 5 it needs to the the freedom and open world of Sims 3 with the graphics, customization, personality, and interface of Sims 4. Anything less and it'll be a failure.

I think the only thing that should be kept from Sims 4 is CAS. Sims 4 has terrible graphics and little to no customisation. (excluding in both cases the physical appearance of sims that is covered in CAS)
Scholar
#57 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:41 PM
Sims 5.....(le sigh)... I dream of the day that the Sims team actually make a great Sims game again, but TS4 has left such a vile taste in my mouth I wonder if that's even possible anymore (not to mention that stupid mobile thing they've recently shot out of their collective arses....)
If they somehow can get their butts into gear and actually develop something worthwhile, then I would like the open world to come back - BUT (and a big but) to be programmed/implemented/executed a hell of a lot better than they did with TS3. They've done it before, they can learn from the mistakes they made and make the second try even better.
For me, the open world was a game changer (and not a YouTuber, hur hur) and was one of the best innovations in a Sims game to date (I also have a guilty pleasure of loving the houseboats from IP too).

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:41 AM
I had to stop playing TS3 only because of the bloated saves so I agree with everyone above about Open World and Create-a-Style in CAS and Build/Buy (once you have a taste of creative freedom, it's hard to go back), Create-a-World would be nice to break from the world monopoly of EA. Currently, TS4 is just TS2 Redux plus modernized cartoonish appearance but with tedious and disruptive loading screens and millions recolors minus riches of personalities and content that TS2 is famous for.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
[QUOTE=aeval99]But are they wringing out every dollar?

I don't really understand what they are doing with Sims 4. Compared to Sims 3 it almost seems like they don't want my money.

I agree with your entire post; I wonder if the sales for the TS4 base game were not good enough when compared to the previous games, and therefore EA won't allocate enough personnel to work on more EPs per year and so. I however don't understand how this could be, considering that apparently the TS4 Cats & Dogs EP was the most sold game addon for any game of the Sims series. In my opinion, the EPs for TS4 have been rather lackluster in terms of content, so it cannot be really explained as the TS4 team trying to cram every little thing in a sole EP per year.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:49 AM
Most sold for Sims 4 I would believe. Most sold EP for any Sims game? I am dubious.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 3:33 PM
Yeah, the thought of a Sims 5 does genuinely concern me. I've played every single Sims game since I was around 5 or 6 starting with TS1. I may have had my favourites and some I didn't like that much, but I feel like I need to play and eventually own each game/pack/expansion in the main series because I've played it for so long and it's kind of a collectors thing at this point, and the fact I don't want to miss out. But I genuinely worry that TS5 will be full of micro transactions and DLC even more so than TS4 is, I don't really see it getting any better from here. BUT! I do really hope I'm proven wrong. EA could make something awesome, it's just whether they decide to listen to the fans or their own bank account.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
For me, the open world was a game changer (and not a YouTuber, hur hur) and was one of the best innovations in a Sims game to date (I also have a guilty pleasure of loving the houseboats from IP too).

IP was a revolutionary and would have been praise more If it weren't that buggy. It was really a new great mechanic whoever came up with such an idea. I can see them going further, or shall I say a little bit back: customizable campervans/motorhomes.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:43 PM
Camper vans and motor homes - that would be awesome.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:23 PM
Playing and driving around GTA:SA, I dreamt of the Sims series taking of open world scale. I would be really impressed, especially If it runs well with little to no lag.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM
Isn't that people been doing. Let's stop being naive: bitching and contributing to petitions I doubt will make a change as we continue on doing those. Not saying that we should stop because they do need a bad rep for destroying our beloved franchise, but just putting that...
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:46 PM
Seeing that they made a Sims 4, which was expected, surely there'll be a Sims 5. )
Mad Poster
#67 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:52 AM
I read some years ago that less than 5% of simmers use CC or are active on any forums/sites. EA does what it wants to do and caters to the 95% and not us. There was the petition when 4 was coming out about CASt I think it was, and a heck of a lot of folks signed it including me. But we were told flat out this game engine will not handle CASt. Bottomline, petitions usually make the signers feel good, but accomplish pretty much nothing.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:44 PM
It can't handle CAST?! But it can handle pushing and pulling your sims faces, color wheel and painting a WHOLE PET MESH in detail?! How is CAST not possible?! That is only their laziness if you ask me. Nothing else.

EDIT: I'm on team butterfly... yay!
Scholar
#69 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

EDIT: I'm on team butterfly... yay!

I just noticed I was on team butterfly too - double yay! Got warm fuzzies in my tummy when I saw my cute new avatar lolol

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#70 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009

It will need more than just that. If they were to implement only those two right into TS4, that won't be enough for me to return to the game. Though I'm certain it will make the game just 20% better... that is If they do it right (open world with immense lag spikes might bring outrage from the other side of the group), but things will still feel missing and would hardly overthrow TS3. Graphics should be least of the concern, as long as the game is good that overshadows the ugly. However, If we take it into account, the sims will have look more closely to TS2 version as most fans are found than the soulless stearing walking demons it has. I did just suggest leaving interface at minimum, but that's just my unpopular opinion. Personality should have a mixture of TS2 points and TS3 traits.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:11 PM
Yes, it will need more than that. When I play, it doesn't feel like the game is 'my' game. I feel so detached from my sims. Open world is not going to fix that.
I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I think a good start may be for them to look at the pie menu. They need to ask themselves if interactions add something, or if they are just a filler. Right now the pie menu is loaded with fillers. They can all be filed under chat that gets a positive response no matter what.

It's also important that they change how things are received and perceived. Let's say your sim goes out to dinner with another sim and they hate the food. The other sim likes the food. You choose the option to complain about the food. The other sim basically nods and says: "You're right." Or, in case of perception, I've had sims autonomously be positive about the food, while the moodlet said they didn't like it. So that makes no sense.

And then there's building and customization. We need at least the color wheel back.

I could list so many things, but then this post would get way too long. Might actually be better to list what they can keep from TS4. IMO that would be animations, voices, general look of the sims and toddlers (they've never been more fun and that's why I think they left them out on purpose for so long. They knew they had a shit game and used them to lure people back, lol. I'm telling you... it's the huge toddler conspiracy )
Scholar
#72 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:33 PM
they should add chemistry from ts2 if there is a sims 5 but...when has EA ever listened to fans these days?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#73 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I just noticed I was on team butterfly too - double yay! Got warm fuzzies in my tummy when I saw my cute new avatar lolol

Team Butterfly unite!!1
Mad Poster
#74 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:17 AM
me too....
Page 3 of 3