Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:32 PM
Default What Would The World Think?
The title is a little off putting I know...
But since I barely have any critique yet on a story. I figured I would have some from you guys.
I don't want to give anything of the story away since I don't know who would have the audacity to snag my ideas. Can't be too careful I suppose.
So I was going to name some things in order and you tell me what the world would think about the idea in written form(Or what you think). It's all 'based' around the future novel I'm writing. Ahead of time thanks for any replies!
1) An attempt at re-writing some "presumed" facts about the world.
2) Using many different cultures and possibly changing alot of the facts that people are accustomed to. Ex: Fighting maneuvers, gods and beliefs. To better fit the novel itself.
3)Using a religion that is "soaked in dirt", and turning it into a key source of fuel for a society.
4)Placing the setting in a time that modern people don't know alot about. And trying to guess and turn it to reality so to speak...

I'll start there...I hope this isn't too vague...
Remember you don't have to be precise, I'm just trying to get vast idea. My point in doing this is to see, how badly I might upset the general public when this novel is published. And how much I truly need to edit. Thanks for any replies.
And please I'm just here for opinions not lectures on what is "best" or "better". Just an opinion.

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 11:14 AM
I'm writing a series of novels soaked in misc religious beliefs, the supernatural, and mythology from all over and what I've found works well is to not worry too much about the rules of either. All these things are based on ideas and recollections and all writers (except hopefully non-fiction writers) are given a creative license. I would say just to write what feels right to you or makes sense to your story. Even if it's not what most believe.

That's what I find makes it easier. I mean writing is creativity, so just be creative.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 10:54 PM
Thanks for your reply and sorry mine was a tad bit late.... I'll definetly take that advice.

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:08 AM
So. My post is extremely late. Perhaps you've finished your story/book. Either way. Averie is completely right on what you should write about. If you write what others want you to write about, then you'll never be happy with your work, and it will only become a chore. You'll eventually lose interest. Then there will be one less open-minded writer, making way for the next narrow-minded bigot to take over.