Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:57 AM
Default Any way to reset the game?
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post it but is there any way to reset your game like in the later games? Deleting the folder in My Documents and starting all over again? I've fiddled with the folders before but only ruined my game. I like to have different stories and settings and having a bunch of neighbourhoods isn't what I'd want to do, exactly. I'm also sick of reinstalling the game. It's a thing of mine...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 3:20 AM
I don't think so, sorry. Why not have a bunch of neighborhoods? It's trivial and allows for variety. In my game, I always copy Neighborhoods 1 and 2 and put them into various other neighborhoods because I like playing them so much. You could always copy those neighborhoods and keep them somewhere else on your computer and put them back in the game when you're sick of your game, I suppose. In any case, if you do reinstall, back up your game so that you have it on file.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:43 AM
I actually have no idea. Maybe it's just because I'm crazy. I get so annoyed at the Sims. LOL. Maybe I should calm down and relax.
Wish this part of the forum was more active.
I remember, though, when I only had the base game, and made a bunch of neighbourhoods (more than 20) in EliSims. Does anybody still use it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 10:37 PM
Does anybody still use what? EliSims? Neighborhoods? The Sims?

I never used EliSims. I used to play all kinds of neighborhoods. I love The Sims and still play from time to time although I seem to get stuck on Sims 2 more often.

I love cheese.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:51 PM
I meant EliSims. It's a good manager.
Can't play TS2 currently. I could try, but don't want to destroy my computer once again.
Do you know if we can get the Simslice Weather Machine for free? I know somewhere that has it but don't want to download from there.
I heard Simslice has been abandoned and some people who paid for the subscription need a refund.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Right-thgiR
I meant EliSims. It's a good manager.
Can't play TS2 currently. I could try, but don't want to destroy my computer once again.
Do you know if we can get the Simslice Weather Machine for free? I know somewhere that has it but don't want to download from there.
I heard Simslice has been abandoned and some people who paid for the subscription need a refund.

BTW. I'm docki, currently using my sister's account. :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 10:27 AM
So confusing, docki...cheese makes more sense.

I've only vaguely heard of the elisim manager, I never used it. I think when I looked at it, it did what I could do myself but I've forgotten. What exactly is it that you want to do? Maybe there is another and still easy way for you to do it.

That's weird about the Simslice site. They are still there and still requiring membership for certain downloads. Does nothing happen after you've paid for membership? I found this thread with a recommendation to go to CTO:
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/view...a4e9ac78c49b08e

Seems like we need a WCIF thread for Sims 1.

Scholar
#8 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
So confusing, docki...cheese makes more sense.

I've only vaguely heard of the elisim manager, I never used it. I think when I looked at it, it did what I could do myself but I've forgotten. What exactly is it that you want to do? Maybe there is another and still easy way for you to do it.

That's weird about the Simslice site. They are still there and still requiring membership for certain downloads. Does nothing happen after you've paid for membership? I found this thread with a recommendation to go to CTO:
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/view...a4e9ac78c49b08e

Seems like we need a WCIF thread for Sims 1.

I think that's the reason I didn't use the Elisim manager as well.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:55 PM
the best way !!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:56 PM
Copy your save game and reinstal the game
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 1:31 AM
You can download many of the original houses and families here: http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...omes/homes.html

Remember that lot numbers have to correspond to the map and can only go in those spots.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
You can download many of the original houses and families here: http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...omes/homes.html

Remember that lot numbers have to correspond to the map and can only go in those spots.

I am having the same wish as the original poster. My problem is when I go to download, where do I put the downloaded item??
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
I am having the same wish as the original poster. My problem is when I go to download, where do I put the downloaded item??

It's been a while since I played The Sims 1, but I think they go in the Downloads folder, just like TS2.

Try here. You can skip the "Create a folder called 'Odd'" step, as it isn't required, only a way for you to organize your custom content.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by docki
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post it but is there any way to reset your game like in the later games? Deleting the folder in My Documents and starting all over again? I've fiddled with the folders before but only ruined my game. I like to have different stories and settings and having a bunch of neighbourhoods isn't what I'd want to do, exactly. I'm also sick of reinstalling the game. It's a thing of mine...
I would have thought reinstalling would work. It did for me.

Love my sim babies
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
With a downloaded lot, you need to open up the neighborhood file (C: Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/User Data + the number of the neighborhood you are playing), then the "houses" file and replace the house file with the new one. Actually, I'd save that old file to the desk top until you are sure you like the new place, unless it's just land that you're replacing. The house numbers correspond to the neighborhood numbers, as you see here: http://genensims.com/guest/MadameMi...bourhoodsS1.htm

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyChick9091
I would have thought reinstalling would work. It did for me.
Yes, that works, it just takes longer. My suggestion is that if you do reinstall, copy UserData and UserData2 and save them someplace- they are the original neighborhoods. You can also use them to replace neighborhoods 3 and 4 by renaming the copies UserData3 and UserData4 or any other number you like. The only thing I've found about this, however, is that you need to go into each house and play very briefly before copying them in order for the houses to all be in the new neighborhoods after you've installed all expansions. This probably isn't a problem with the complete edition of The Sims.