Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:29 PM
Default About TS1 Complete Collection's Installation
Hey, folks!
I'm in the lucky situation of just having gotten TS1 Complete Collection from the mail and I'm excited to install it. I'm using instructions found here to install the game, recommended here , and they should work for Win 7 too (which I use) so yeah, everything should go well.

Except that I have one question. In these instructions it's said that I should install the game using the Set-Up interaction (?) found in the Star-Up of Win 7 instead of using auto install which is fine, I understand all of that. But when using Set-Up I need to choose the language for the game etc which leaves me a little confused because as a Complete Collection user I don't have 1 disc to install, I have 4. So does this mean that I should, when the game is installing and requests for Disc 2 for example, go to the Set-Up and choose the language/etc manually with each of the 4 discs in order for it all to install correctly?

Sorry if this is something that's really obvious, I'm not that brilliant with computers, hence why I'm here asking you
Thanks for reading!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Once the set-up is started, you'll get prompts for the next action to take. I've never had a program that had to be told more than once what language to use - later disks will take their cue from the first one. But if there's a problem, you should get a prompt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:35 PM Last edited by lotharioloveschocolate : 5th Sep 2014 at 8:43 PM.
Thanks for taking the time to reply

The thing is that since my computer isn't compatible with TS1 I'm not using the standard auto-install method but a tweaked one, that which I linked in the post above. And when using this tweaked method I'm supposed to close the auto-install pop-ups and instead go to the Windows start-up panel and choose 'set-up', then language etc from there. I'm also supposed to change the location from Program Files x86 to "regular" Program Files so it's not quite the same as normal installation of the game which is why I wanted to ask if anyone had experience on this and could clarify All else is clear for me except whether or not I should use that same start-up --> set-up --> set language/etc with each disc of Complete Collection or how exactly I should do this.

But again, thanks for commenting, I really appreciate that you're trying to help me

Edit: I have everything working now, game runs smoothly
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Yeah! So glad for you! Thanks for taking the time to post all of that. Others may wonder the same thing and now we'll all have something to point to.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
Definitely gonna give this all a go tomorrow. Thanks!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:36 AM
Just to clarify, I installed my game as "admin", my computer is a hybrid (uses Win 7 but doesn't have all the things - it was made to play The Sims 3 originally) and I didn't have this set-up option which you probably have. Everything else is the same - I installed to Program Files instead of Program Files x86 etc. I also start the game by finding the Maxis folder and then running it as admin. Custom content works, too.
No errors other than that the game has crashed twice when I was using hyper speed (?) for a longer period of time. But since doing that isn't necessary I wouldn't call it a big problem