Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

In-And-Out Invisible Pool Spot - For "Athlete" Sims & Large Dogs Swimming

by ankoyume Posted 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:34 AM by ankoyume

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:16 AM
This is a great idea, thanks for the 'no Pets' version
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:46 PM
Thank you :)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 20th Mar 2018 at 4:15 PM.
Very good animation. Thank you!
In my game, the bubble effect hangs on a little long, but the action of getting out is perfect.
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:55 PM
I have a problem with the pool bubbles sticking to the Sim after he/she gets out of the pool. They stay attached for some time before finally disappearing. Even changing outfit has no effect.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kluless
I have a problem with the pool bubbles sticking to the Sim after he/she gets out of the pool. They stay attached for some time before finally disappearing. Even changing outfit has no effect.

What do you mean by some time ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Alchemist
#31 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
What do you mean by some time ?

For me it's just too long after they get out, maybe a full second longer than looks right. Really excellent animations, though. Bravo!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#32 Old 14th May 2018 at 12:44 PM
OMG, I've wanted to make dogs able to swim for so long and I never thought it could be done! Can't wait to see the small dogs too! Thanks heaps!

Do you reckon you can make them swim in the sea as well?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:16 PM
I'm having a few problems with the mod. I can't cancel the interaction once the dog gets in the pool and if I try then nothing on this earth will get him out and I have to quit without saving.

The animations are also not working sometimes. When he's still the dog has the paws relaxed and dangling, but when he moves he gets up and walks as if he was on solid ground. He also sinks into the ground when getting out of the pool.

One other thing I noticed was that the pool doesn't advertise fun or anything, so although the swimming is autonomous the dog has no interest in it.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:53 PM
Can you add a variation for the global mod version? Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm having a few problems with the mod. I can't cancel the interaction once the dog gets in the pool and if I try then nothing on this earth will get him out and I have to quit without saving.

The animations are also not working sometimes. When he's still the dog has the paws relaxed and dangling, but when he moves he gets up and walks as if he was on solid ground. He also sinks into the ground when getting out of the pool.

One other thing I noticed was that the pool doesn't advertise fun or anything, so although the swimming is autonomous the dog has no interest in it.

Sorry that I didn't answer you, I was out of modding for a while and didn't check the comments. It seems it is bugy for you. I'll have more time to go through that in July, but for now I'd like to know if you found some sort of incompatibility (with other mods in your game) that might be the reason of the bugs.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can you add a variation for the global mod version? Thank you.

If I remember right, it won't work if not default replacement, sorry ...

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:29 PM
I came looking for something to let dogs swim in sims2 and here it was! I'm so glad people are still modding for this game. Thank you so much.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:46 AM
Thanks! I always hated that sims cannot get in or get out without ladders.
There's a problem with the icon. It has no transparency, instead it has a pink background.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I have the same problem, even if I remove all other mods that I have installed. So I'm using no pet version.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:48 PM
Can you make an alternative version of your mod without the object, please? I love your mod btw

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:35 PM
omg this is such a good and a funny idea to me, so i give it a try
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:27 AM
This is really cool! Thanks
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
@kluless, here is "no pet" version. I couldn't test as much as I wanted because I don't have AGS anymore. I'll be glad to get feedback on this.

hii i love this mod!!! did u update it for small dogs too?? it would be AMAZING please let me know!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 9:03 PM
Honestly I'm not going to mod that for now. After release and appearance of bugs, I was never entirely satisfied by the pet version, sorry. However it seems the no pet version works well.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 2:54 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 7:06 PM
Could be great, if in the pet version of this mod the large dogs could go in the water automatically sometimes and could go out too across this object, because as i tested, they don't do it automatically sadly. They maybe do these only, if we set we could select the dogs and tell them what they do. I don't want to do with this with the pets, i want they behave, do things automatically as standard they do. But then they need they go in pool with automatic mode too.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 12:31 AM
Hi, I noticed teens and elders can't use this autonomously. I fixed it in my own game but I thought you might wanna know so you could fix it for other users.
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 7:59 PM
Awesome mod!! I see there is a mod letting your sims jump off the diving board with their clothes on. Is there any possible way we would be able to have an update with this mod allowing that option?? I tried to mix the diving with clothes mod with this mod, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Or if anyone can think of a way we could do it, that would be awesome. Thanks!
Inventor
#47 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 6:46 PM
@Ankoyume do you know if your mod can work with Temperate Beach Activities and Swim Pool Talk ? They conflict at "Interaction - Swim - TEST" and the latter one also at "Interaction - Swim". If they do work together, what loading order would you recommend?
Page 2 of 2