Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 6:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default I've got a problem with the loading screen!
Ok this is my first time typing in this forum area, so please don't bash my head in.

Problem: Everytime I load a family it will stay on the screen where they are standing together and it says "The Jefferson Family", and it will stay there ad not load the game. I have nightlife and my family is in the downtown section, but I don't think the location is the problem. When my custom content was disabled it worked fine, but when I turned it on again and tried to play it, it would do the same as before!

Please tell me that someone has an answer for me!! :?:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 7:33 PM
Ive had this problem before, if you downloaded new custom content it may be conflicting with the game. I ended up just putting all my content in a rar file and downloading my content over again. The other thing could be that you deleted some of you custom content that was being used on that lot.

The best thing to do is just move the family out of their house and move them back in and see if that works.

If not try making a new house for them.

If worse comes to worse just take out you content and add in one item at a time till you find the bad one, or just download new custom content that states it will work with Nightlife or All of them.
Banned
#3 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:31 AM
Phoenix has a good solution however there is something to try before it.

This is usually caused by a bad career, perhaps one that isn't designed for the expansion pack you have. Your best solution would be get hold of clean installer, scan your downloads folder and disable the careers by right clicking them. Then try the game.

If that made no sense or you don't have any careers, please reply with which expansions (if any) you have and I'll explain it in more detail.