Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:42 PM
Default Do you still play it?
There are lots of threads here about the did you like best about Sims 1 so I was wondering how many people still play the game?

If you do still play it why?

As I've not played it I am wondering

My Simblr: Here
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:58 PM
Yes, I still play it from time to time! I find the gameplay a lot more challenging than Sims 3 and Sims 2- it's tough just to keep your sim's needs in the green.

If you have all of the expansion packs then there is a lot to do- it takes a long time to make your sim a superstar or learn magic, so it's a good job they don't age. And there is a lot of collecting to do- charms, ingredients, souvenirs, awards... gardening is a lot of work and everyday ojects can be enchanted with hilarious effect.

There is still a lot of Sims 1 CC out there too, so now is the time to get downloading, before it all disappears!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:16 PM
Yes, I still play it from time to time. I'm not sure why it pulls at me, but it does. Sometimes I miss the objects, like the canning station, or the fact that I can create a household idea around canning fruit to make money, sometimes I miss the old Goth home, or Bob and Betty, or the family that I recreate all the time. I don't play it for as long as I did before, but I keep coming back.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:24 PM
Yep! Its on my laptop, so when I'm bored I play it once in a while. I can't play it for too long though, it makes me want to play Sims 2 xD (not a bad thing, its just if I play anything sims related, i would rather be playing my main hood in TS2) But when I play it, i see interactions I've forgotten since I started playing in 2000.
Space Pony
#5 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:29 PM
I still play it! Though I need to replace my disks, since I'm missing some.

I find it amusing to play when you're frustrated with TS2, or TS3. It's a huge change from them.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Theorist
#6 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:46 PM
I reinstalled it last summer and still play it from time to time. It makes a nice change from TS2/TS3 as I think all three games have such a different gameplay/style; it depends what I want from my sims game as to which one I play, although I do probably play TS1 the least out of the three. It's also quite nostalgic, playing it again. There are certain aspects to the game that TS2/TS3 don't have which I still enjoy, particularly the way magic was done in TS1. Not to mention the super quick loading times the game has these days, even with all the custom content I have installed for it. I remember when I first started playing and it would take forever just to get to the neighborhood screen!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 11:52 PM
I reinstalled it on my old computer a few months ago. I got a new computer like two months ago and havent really been interested in it since. I still have all my games ... those will never leave me, even if I may or may not play them again.
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 11:58 PM
I don't even own it anymore. I had the complete box set and sold it to cash generator a few months ago. I have a Mac now anyway so it wasn't compatible. I know if I played it now the primitive graphics and gameplay would piss me off.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 12:02 AM
Sure, playing TS1 is like taking a visit to your home place.. its got roots.
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
There are lots of threads here about the did you like best about Sims 1 so I was wondering how many people still play the game?

If you do still play it why?

As I've not played it I am wondering

I've always had TS1 on my main computer, and whenever I reinstall the OS on a new hard drive, TS1 is always in the first batch of games to get installed.

Saying that though, I don't really play it. Would love to, but the bigger my monitor gets the worse it looks, and although I love to see all those old objects etc it saddens me how much the game is aging with each technological improvement
I've kept all my downloads and all my programs for it, I even have my old TS1 website still intact in a folder somewhere.
There is a lot I miss about it though, and so many downloads I never got round to testing in the game, that I may be encouraged to start it up if only to see those items in game. In the same way we all moved onto TS2 because it was so entirely different, I guess it's also a good enough reason to go back to TS1, because it's so different.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 12:46 AM
I still do, yeah! I can't use CC, though. Somehow it always borks it up.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 1:03 AM
Default Yes, I play the original Sims now and then...
I think that nothing in the future can give a better "Simfeeling" than The Sims, the original! Therefore I play it now and then.

I must tell that Andrew Arcade have just started a Let's Play series with Sims first He is a former well known for his LP's with Sims 3 under the name HeadbuttArcade. All of his videos was removed from the Internet by some reasons but he have put them up again now, very enjoyable for sure.

You can find his Sims 1 Let's Play here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Blc...ture=plpp_video
Inventor
#13 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:32 AM
I play it every day. Why? Mainly because of the fantastic content. There's so much to do and everything is so pretty and looks great. I've been making a bunch of houses as well, (which are in my live journal link in my sig for download.)

I also love that it's fast, and all the interactions. Unleashed is also far better than Pets, it's sad how much they didn't add into the second game.

When I was a kid I only had 1 or 2 expansions, so now that I have a bit more money I brought them all (never know when they'll become obsolete). It is such an awesome game with all the expansions.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:05 AM
I have just bought all the ep's for Sims 1 for the first time after hearing people talk about the charm of the game. I want to experience it for myself. I am an avid Sims 2 player (Sims 3 just isn't for me) but I think Sims 1 will be a great alternative for when I need a little break. I'm also a cc addict so I'll definitely be going on a download spree this weekend!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:08 AM
Yup, I've got it on my netbook, so I play it when I'm on my way somewhere - i.e. travel home from university takes around 8-9 hours, so I'm not bored with my little sims
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:23 AM
No but I might install it soon, would it work on windows 7?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#17 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 5:31 PM
Oh my gosh, there's a TS1 Discussion board now?!! :D

I do play it once in a while. Although the fast decaying needs and relationships turns me off sometimes...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:39 PM
@BloodyScholastic - Great pictures! Your Sims seem to be very wealthy - they have every toy imaginable in there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 12:24 AM
I did not enter the world of the Sims until one day while walking around in the store Best Buy I then discover Sims 2 when I over- heard two people talking about it.

But I have heard some very nice things about Sims 1 it's just that I never knew about it until I started playing Sims 2, I am sure if I knew during that time that Sims 1 was out there I may have play Sims 1.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#20 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
I think that nothing in the future can give a better "Simfeeling" than The Sims, the original! Therefore I play it now and then.

I must tell that Andrew Arcade have just started a Let's Play series with Sims first He is a former well known for his LP's with Sims 3 under the name HeadbuttArcade. All of his videos was removed from the Internet by some reasons but he have put them up again now, very enjoyable for sure.

You can find his Sims 1 Let's Play here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Blc...ture=plpp_video

Wow. Nostalgia D:

As much as I'd like to enjoy playing it again it HAS aged loads. You can't deny there's a difference from this:

to this:

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 12:26 PM
Why do people always focus on graphics as though it's the only thing in the world that matters? I mean c'mon - Bonehilda! Who gives a toss about the Goth's picture postcard house?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Why do people always focus on graphics as though it's the only thing in the world that matters? I mean c'mon - Bonehilda! Who gives a toss about the Goth's picture postcard house?

Bonehilda is awesome!! I have to agree, why do people pay for better for graphics and mayde not a good game just for the graphics. I play old games like sims 1 beacuase it is fun and who really cares adout the graphics if you are enjoying the game?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#23 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:04 PM Last edited by Lisen801 : 12th Jul 2012 at 9:53 AM.
You can not compare The Sims and Sims 3, it's two completely different games. With The Sims 3 the graphics quality very important, I think, but in The Sims there are so many fun details that do not exist now, and an unmatched sense of humor.
But there are also many other games that are played by many and that is very funny, as Mind Craft, Terarria, Tetris, and others which also has crappy graphic but also very much appreciated. The graphics are not essential for these games.
I sometimes play Frenzy on a Sinclair Spectrum, a computer and a game that is about 25 years old, but still very amusing!
And what about the classical PacMan
Forum Resident
#24 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:20 PM
You can visit the Goth house in Sims 3? I didn't know the Goths were even in Sims 3. But, anyway, what kind of fun things can you do in that house? It's not as fun as Sims 1 with Bonehilda and all!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 6:31 PM
I still play the sims 1 occasionally - not as much as the sims 2 or 3 but it's still great to play for nostalgia.
Page 1 of 10