Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 11:54 PM
Default Any way to MOD Make the Fonts in the Sims Really large
I play both the Sim 3 and the sims Medieval on my PC. But one thing that drives me crazy about it is the fonts are too small. I have my computer setup that it outputs to my HD TV screen when I play games. That way I can play when lying on a couche with a wireless controller and keyboard.

However, with the Sims I can't do that since the fonts are too small and I can't read the screen from that distance. I've looked around for awhile and couldn't find any mods or way to change the fonts to make it much bigger. And sure it can't be rocket science since its just a font change. Which I've done so with many other games which are originally too small in their fonts to play on a TV screen like World of Warcraft or Morrowind.

Any mods out that or way to change the default font size (Without reducing the resolution)?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:02 AM
This is the Sims 1 board (you know the original game). Wrong place to post this - try the Sims 3 forums. You could try changing the resolution.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:11 PM
Read the second paragraph. He can do it in 3; he wants to know how to do it in 1.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Read the second paragraph. He can do it in 3; he wants to know how to do it in 1.

d'oh - missed that. As I remember it, the graphics options were limited. I can't remember changing the interface.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:29 AM
I'm guessing you'd probably have to edit the .rt and header files in UIGraphics. That's the only place I think of where you'd find anything relating to what you are looking to change.