Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 31st Dec 2014 at 9:10 AM.
Default EMERGENCY: Serious Samsung Galaxy Tab S Crash
At 1911 hours GMT, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S crashed. I tried EVERYTHING, stopping at hard reset.

The tablet crashed as I exited an app, and now it will not shut off. Even forcing a soft restart will not work.

I will NOT make a hard reset/factory reset, as this is a Christmas gift, and there are some settings calibrated for my use.

I've resorted to using my old tablet, but I'm typing this on my phone. So TL:DR, Tablet crashed, won't restart, will not factory reset my tablet for reasons.

Please help, I've had it for only four days now.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 10:57 PM
Can you delete the app that caused the crash? Perhaps it still regards the program as active?

/don't have any issues with my Nexus, I'm just trying to think outside the box.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 12:07 AM
What Mistermook said - but to elaborate, can you get into the settings to force the app to end? There should be some way to do it- although I'm not sure exactly how to with the tablet you have. (That said, I've got a Nook, an older than that Android tablet and my phone.. and one of my kids has a tablet and there is a way to kill an app on all of them.) If you can't do anything at all on it, you might have to wait for the battery to die completely then charge it. Then go from there. The battery dying completely should stop anything that's still running.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 7:19 PM
I was changing app, then it crashed. Thankfully, after reading 1984 for the rest of the night, crying in bed, then sleeping, the tablet died, and now as it is charging yet again, I'm typing on it. Note to self: if crash again, let it die.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 1:36 AM
You have a very different definition of "emergency" from mine.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 2:39 AM
Tablets are like that when you first get them, crashing on you is a method the tablet uses to try and establish its dominance in the household. Never react by crying or reading 1984! That shows the tablet that you are easily provoked to emotion or subdued to reading when it challenges you.

If you don't want to end up being the tablet's bitch, you have to stand up to it!

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 8:12 AM
Huh. I'd extend that to phones, too. Mine had a mind of it's own when I first got it, but I won that battle in the end. Funny that I won around the time I started watching the 3rd season of American Horror Story on Netflix on it. (That's Coven in case you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

/me refuses to see any connection between winning and watching Coven.
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:10 AM
Lets hope that it never happens again. Sooner or later, a post may be made saying, "Oh noes it happened again!"