Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:44 PM
Default Long strip of world unroutable
I am currently created a modified version of Riverview. The problem is that in game a whole strip of my world is unroutable. By "unroutable" I mean that there is no go here interaction in this area, although sims can still walk and drive through this area to get to other routable areas, if that makes sense. Strangely, if the sim is on a horse, the ride here interaction does still appear. The ground floor of lots in this area is also unroutable, but not the upper floors. When I looked at the routing data, I saw that there is a long red line corresponding to the area that is unroutable. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this issue. I have deleted and replaced all the roads, lots and objects in this area twice. I have completely flattened and then rebuilt the area. I have of course checked that there is no non-routable paint there. Does anybody know what might be causing this issue or how I can fix it?
In the image attached, the unroutable area starts at the red line, and finishes at the blue line I have drawn.
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:43 PM
Have you tried fixing the routing? Because this area doesn't seem to be the only problemareas you have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you tried fixing the routing? Because this area doesn't seem to be the only problemareas you have.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I have rebuilt the routing data after every change if that's what you mean.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:11 PM
Could you show a zoomed out view so that I can see which part of the map that is?

I'm puzzled by the red line- that looks like an object bounding box...?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could you show a zoomed out view so that I can see which part of the map that is?

I'm puzzled by the red line- that looks like an object bounding box...?

This is about as zoomed out as I could get without the routing data disappearing.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:35 PM
The red line seems to be right in the middle of the world, and I think it extends down to midpoint.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 9:49 PM
Did you start from the populated Riverview, or Riverview_lite?

If you started with Riverview, check to see if you have a layer called 'Distant Terrain'. If so, right click and delete it and then try rebuilding the routing.

That's the only item with a bounding box remotely large enough to represent that area in your game- if it's not that then you could try removing any fence objects as the original Riverview has some long lines of those, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 10:10 PM
I started with Riverview_lite. However my world did have distant terrain that I added myself. I deleted it just to see what would happen and the red line disappeared. I still need to test in game to see if the routing issues are solved, but I suspect they are.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.