Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 7:43 AM
Default So we've done walk-in closets. How do we do walk-in freezers?
PLain and simple question. I'm working on a large house, and I thought it'd be nice to do a walk-in freezer. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any pieces from any of the EPs that can help.

My approach is building a 2x2 room with refrigerators at the back but that hardly qualifies as walk-in.

Thanks. :D

Edit: Also, this is my first house in 2 years. So my memory of the game is a bit fuzzy.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 7:45 AM
I'm still stuck trying to make walk-in sex a thing in Simland, and while I can't figure out how to make things properly steamy, you've already moved on to making things properly icy. Tell me your secrets.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm still stuck trying to make walk-in sex a thing in Simland, and while I can't figure out how to make things properly steamy, you've already moved on to making things properly icy. Tell me your secrets.

Haha. Well, if I had any secrets, I'd share. But in your case, I'd assume you need to use buydebug's tomb objects and link them to trigger a steamy object like a hot tub. Or something along those lines.
Theorist
#5 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 10:30 AM
What nitromon said, plus a few steam/smoke fog emitters.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You can buy food props to put in it, but it will be more like a meat locker than a walk in fridge.

I don't remember any food props except for that display bowl of fruit. Which EP do I find em in? Or do I have to go to the sims3 store?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Um, I mean like custom contents. There are a lot of food decos out there. Most of them are bakery stuff, but there are also fresh fruit, meat, etc...

I guess what you can do is use those display wall shelves? And just place the food on those shelves. Then using the fog emitter to simulate frost, etc..

That could work. Trying it out. Thanks.
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 1:37 AM
To add to that, you could build a wall in front of the shelves, then use moveobjectson to place one of the floor to ceiling Windows in front of it to look like freezer doors.