Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#501 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CokeBuilder
Sometimes I wish people would think as seriously about creating new life as they do ending it. I'm not aware of any legal system in the industrialized world that will tell a murderer "it's okay, you made a mistake, we'll give you a second chance". When you are careless enough to bring life into creation, you should not be allowed to "erase" it and get a "second chance".

This is excellent, you have summed up how I feel on this issue.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Advertisement
Scholar
#502 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christine11778
The comment made about we should basically have the option of killing a baby up to a year old is beyond belief. Just because this practice was prevalent in past societies (or even current socities) does not mean it is acceptable.

I'm aware of that, but I didn't justify my argument by appealing to popularity or past popularity (I used that argument only to respond to those who implied that only crazy or 'sick' people would accept infanticide. Whole civilisations of perfectly sane people accepted it). I gave many reasons for why I don't consider killing newborns to be murder, and addressed criticisms given by other members of this forum.

Quote:
A society is ultimately judged by how it treats its weakest and most vulnerable members.

Are foetuses and embryos, or even neonates, actually members of our society? Or, more precisely, should they be?
Mad Poster
#503 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
AAHHMAGOD :doh: I'm getting so sick of people labeling them as a "clump of cells". The baby or "parasite" as some of you call it is only a "clump of cells" from 4-7 Weeks. At 20 weeks it is estimated to be 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces. The skeleton is starting to harden from rubbery cartilage to bone.

Here's a picture of a baby at 20 weeks, does this look like a "clump of cells to you?"
Hmm, doesn't look like a "clump of cells" to me.

I get sick of people discussing this at all, abortion is a highly debatable topic. I agree that women should have complete control over her fertility and pregnancy. It's her body let her do what she wants with it, if she chooses to abort the fetus then she's going to abort it wheter you like it or not. Abortion is based solely on the parents or parent in most cases in this century. Their are pro life and pro choice people who are all going to try to prove their points, an endless thread that is going in no direction at all.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
#504 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minted Bubbles
I get sick of people discussing this at all, abortion is a highly debatable topic. I agree that women should have complete control over her fertility and pregnancy. It's her body let her do what she wants with it, if she chooses to abort the fetus then she's going to abort it wheter you like it or not. Abortion is based solely on the parents or parent in most cases in this century. Their are pro life and pro choice people who are all going to try to prove their points, an endless thread that is going in no direction at all.

You totally summed up how I feel about this. Regardless of how people feel about it, it will always happen. Take away a womans right to abort, and she'll throw herself into walls, punch herself, get it done in back alleys, etc. Making it illegal won't stop it happening, but keeping it legal would make it safer and cleaner. Would you rather a woman pick up an infection from a back alley, or be clean and healthy in a hospital?
#505 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gonebynow
You totally summed up how I feel about this. Regardless of how people feel about it, it will always happen. Take away a womans right to abort, and she'll throw herself into walls, punch herself, get it done in back alleys, etc. Making it illegal won't stop it happening, but keeping it legal would make it safer and cleaner. Would you rather a woman pick up an infection from a back alley, or be clean and healthy in a hospital?

Honestly? I wouldn't feel bad. She put herself in that situation for going in said back alley, after all.
#506 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
Honestly? I wouldn't feel bad. She put herself in that situation for going in said back alley, after all.

True, but how about punching herself and hurting herself that way? Or just trying to hurt her stomach in any way she can to kill the child? I know I'd prefer it to be done in a safer way.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#507 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 5:31 PM
This thread has surpassed the 500 posts mark, and is starting to get a little bit unwieldy. It would be unreasonable to expect anyone to read through all of this before trying to add something new to the discussion, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

:locked

There's always money in the banana stand.

Page 21 of 21