Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#176 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacro
The simpolice are on there way!

Don't be scared though. The sim police only carry candy handcuffs since Katy Perry bought them out. Look out for their new bright pink outfits though.
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
It does not exclude home business, it just give another option, the article talked about them but naturally it was just speculations.
However it talked about mixing an interactive carrier with home business who make it sounds far less formal, set up an shop and open it if you want,

The number of random townies on the street outside would make any sort of venue profitable including an pet shop only selling frogs.
You would need a way to differentiate business and living areas however the room tool in sims4 contain part of it not just use fences and locked doors.

Hey, maybe they'll give us locking doors again.
Alchemist
#178 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 4:23 AM
EA launch videos can be downright deceptive, so I'll curb my enthusiasm until I see the real deal. If even half of that video is in the actual expansion, it might make me want to play the game again
Forum Resident
#179 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
I wanted to throw something out there that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet (but I could have missed it) re: "customers" for your active jobs (such as pregnant women). I think it is possible that they might try to explain away all the pregnant sims, sims in jail, etc, without having to add story progression by saying that your hospital/police station are connected to more than just your own town. So the sims that come to visit are not actually sims that live in your town or townies, that sort of thing. They are just randomly generated sims that come from other nearby towns.

Of course this is what they are going to do. Exactly why I don't think active careers are the way to go because ultimately you are just generating customers. There is no sense of community when it is random people you will never see again will either take up space in your hood or be deleted. Sigh.
Forum Resident
#180 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
EA launch videos can be downright deceptive, so I'll curb my enthusiasm until I see the real deal. If even half of that video is in the actual expansion, it might make me want to play the game again

The cynic in me only expects about 35% lol. >.>
Alchemist
#181 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

You have a toilet in your kitchen
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Though, I'm also guilty of liking a pack that everyone hated. Island Paradise is still one of my favorite TS3 expansions.

I'm a sucker for Katy Perry and her outfits, what can I say

Field Researcher
#183 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
You have a toilet in your kitchen

Why it's for those with extra fast metabolism.
Field Researcher
#184 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Hey, maybe they'll give us locking doors again.

Ha ha, oh you jest, surely such a removal is too far, even for EA, right? Right?

...they took that integral feature out, didn't they. Surely removing even locked doors for bathrooms in use is too extreme, though. Please say they didn't, anyone?

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Field Researcher
#185 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

Can not be worse than that they wear now, guy in sandals long pink socks, small shorts and winter jacket. You have to be careful with mods or you get something like the lady with glasses and two eye patches
Test Subject
#186 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 3:12 PM
OK now I have some hope for this game, I just hope this trailer is not too staged and that they will improve business aspect (comparing to TS2) and not make something retarded (like in TS3).
Forum Resident
#187 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 4:46 PM
I haven't read anywhere that there will be something like the S2 "badge" system--your Sim could raise her Sales skill, and "Dazzle" customers, and sell them some absolute piece of crapola for $9,999. LOVED that! (I did a blog where I got a CAS to millionaire 13 days before she became an elder.)

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Instructor
#188 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
I haven't read anywhere that there will be something like the S2 "badge" system--your Sim could raise her Sales skill, and "Dazzle" customers, and sell them some absolute piece of crapola for $9,999. LOVED that! (I did a blog where I got a CAS to millionaire 13 days before she became an elder.)

I had completely forgotten this. I'm going to ask around the official forums to see if I get any info about it.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Instructor
#189 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername
Ha ha, oh you jest, surely such a removal is too far, even for EA, right? Right?

...they took that integral feature out, didn't they. Surely removing even locked doors for bathrooms in use is too extreme, though. Please say they didn't, anyone?

Do you want me to lie or can you handle the truth?
Instructor
#190 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Mimoliin : 8th Feb 2015 at 5:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
Can not be worse than that they wear now, guy in sandals long pink socks, small shorts and winter jacket. You have to be careful with mods or you get something like the lady with glasses and two eye patches

Lab Assistant
#191 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername

Locked doors for bathrooms? NONSENSE. How else would we get the embarrassed moodlet every morning?????
Field Researcher
#192 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
Do you want me to lie or can you handle the truth?

I can handle any kind of maddening truth at this point. No locks on bathrooms? Really, EA? I thought we were past this. Parties in TS1 were a goddamn nightmare due to the constant intrusions of many Sims needing the bathroom at the same time, who then inevitably wet themselves and grumbled back home. Then TS2 came along with the godsend of Sims having bathroom privacy from the very beginning, which carried over into TS3 - which by then was taken for granted as a feature as integral as family trees or pools.

Then TS4 came along and undid all that. A franchise with a rich 15-year history shouldn't regress so pointlessly. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Just, why? Perhaps to allow for WACKY HIJINKS and death by embarrassment, how "fun". Or a pathetic attempt to exploit our TS1 nostalgia, I don't know. I don't think I will ever know. One of the the most baffling decisions ever made in the "creation" - I use that term loosely - of the Sims 4.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Instructor
#193 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:17 PM Last edited by JessiL : 8th Feb 2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
Has anyone seen this?
http://t.co/nyhi9oRMRI

I wonder if that means they're giving us something like the vibrating bed or if they're going to drop toddlers out of the sky like they did with the Outdoor Retreat.
Theorist
#194 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:22 PM
Has anyone seen this?
http://t.co/nyhi9oRMRI

I wonder if that means they're giving us something like the vibrating bed or if their going to drop toddlers out of the sky like they did with the Outdoor Retreat.

I will always hope for toddlers, but I honestly doubt they're going to add them even though we want them so freaking bad. Damn game "vision". I honestly doubt there is a vision other than "gut the game and add things back little by little, but so watered down that you wonder what the fecking point is"

I'm miffed about aliens not looking like aliens. Anyone else? I guess it could be modded, but c'mon. ALIENS. Weird genetics. Gimme. thanks.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Instructor
#195 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil

I swear, the "dazzle" animation still makes me laugh.
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:45 PM
(reposted from OT chat)

The new EP seems to be a combo of Open for Business and Ambitions, nicely downsized, of course. We don't know all the details, and I would like to be surprised, but it is EA.

Get to Work (TS4) adds 3 new active professions (all of which were rabbithole careers in base game of TS3) plus business owner (own a shop instead of/in addition to FT job), subhood business district and probably NO home businesses, since there has been a deafening silence when this was asked on official forums. Baking and photography skills are added. There are aliens, but they look like everyone else and detectives have to id them(?). Crafting- no info.

Ambitions (TS3) had 5 new active professions, plus education rabbithole career, plus update to doctor career which allowed jobs to spawn. It had a new town- Twinbrook. It added inventing and sculpting. It added laundry, tattoo station and junk yard. It added Simbots.

Open for Business (TS2) added a subhood for shopping. Store owners could hire staff, restock, convince customers to buy. There were 3 crafting stations: toys, flower arrangements, and robots. Home businesses were possible. Fully functioning restaurants were added. Servos were added.

So yeah, so far Get to Work seems a bit lite.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuney
(reposted from OT chat)

The new EP seems to be a combo of Open for Business and Ambitions, nicely downsized, of course. We don't know all the details, and I would like to be surprised, but it is EA.

Get to Work (TS4) adds 3 new active professions (all of which were rabbithole careers in base game of TS3) plus business owner (own a shop instead of/in addition to FT job), subhood business district and probably NO home businesses, since there has been a deafening silence when this was asked on official forums. Baking and photography skills are added. There are aliens, but they look like everyone else and detectives have to id them(?). Crafting- no info.

Ambitions (TS3) had 5 new active professions, plus education rabbithole career, plus update to doctor career which allowed jobs to spawn. It had a new town- Twinbrook. It added inventing and sculpting. It added laundry, tattoo station and junk yard. It added Simbots.

Open for Business (TS2) added a subhood for shopping. Store owners could hire staff, restock, convince customers to buy. There were 3 crafting stations: toys, flower arrangements, and robots. Home businesses were possible. Fully functioning restaurants were added. Servos were added.

So yeah, so far Get to Work seems a bit lite.

I guess, but the only active profession in Ambitions that didn't have a non-rabbithole building was the firefighter. One of the biggest features of Get to Work is the fully-functional, open Hospital, Police Station and Science Lab. For example, a Detective Sim doesn't just go around to houses and solve crimes like they did in TS3, they ALSO have a full building with tons of functioning objects and clients everywhere...etc. AND we also get businesses...though we probably won't have 100% of the tools that we had in OFB. So it's like 2/3 of Ambitions and 2/3 of Open for Business...and that equals 4/3, A.K.A. more content than each pack had!
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealLovecat
I will always hope for toddlers, but I honestly doubt they're going to add them even though we want them so freaking bad. Damn game "vision". I honestly doubt there is a vision other than "gut the game and add things back little by little, but so watered down that you wonder what the fecking point is"

I'm miffed about aliens not looking like aliens. Anyone else? I guess it could be modded, but c'mon. ALIENS. Weird genetics. Gimme. thanks.

I think the point is that the aliens DO look like aliens, they just walk around in secret. Like they infiltrate society by trying to look like regular Sims, and when you expose a Sim as an alien, you see their true form.
Theorist
#199 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
I think the point is that the aliens DO look like aliens, they just walk around in secret. Like they infiltrate society by trying to look like regular Sims, and when you expose a Sim as an alien, you see their true form.

I hope so. Either way it does seem like a ruddy cop out.

It does seem like less content than other expansion packs, but ambitions was kind of light when you got the active careers and in this one they're adding buildings. Careers are careers right? Who is to say that someone can't pull an active career and tweak it into a desk job? building is probably a community building that is flagged, probably not hard coded .. but who knows.

Based on the way people are pulling traits and junk. I think it's going to end up being possible in time.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#200 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
So it's like 2/3 of Ambitions and 2/3 of Open for Business...and that equals 4/3, A.K.A. more content than each pack had!

that's not how you count
Locked thread
Page 8 of 447