Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 21st May 2014 at 4:38 PM
I love The Sims so much, but we are missing someone who would like to make her?
Attached Images

Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 24th May 2014 at 12:12 AM
What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
Seasons. 'Cause I think it's beautiful in so many ways. You in TS, playing... Then starts to rain... (I love rain + cold weather), and if you go outside... You can get wet. Then, starts to snow, the way just beautiful... In Autumn, the leaves. (my favourite season), the Halloween times... Springtime, the flowers, the happiness. Man, the game gets better, you know.

What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
University Life. Even in The Sims 2 I didn't liked it, In The Sims 3 it's a cool EP, but, It's very rare to me using it. Sometimes I think it's kind of boring and I'm not attracted to.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
Seasons, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Pets, Showtime, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Into The Future, University Life.

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?
Into The Future. I'm not saying that is a bad EP. It's really cool. But I'm not that Future person. I like more the old times. (Like Wild West in Cinema SP)
Test Subject
#153 Old 25th May 2014 at 5:30 PM
Default The official TS3 most favourite/least favourite EP/SP/what one should I buy thread
1.What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
Most favourite: Generations. I Love how this expansion pack focuses on the family aspect of the game
Least favourie: Ambitions (not really a reason just dont like it that much)
2.What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
Dont really like any but my fav i guess would be outdoor living
#154 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:00 PM
My favorite expansion is probably the Supernatural expansion, I really enjoy Moonlight Falls and the ability to be a supernatural creature.

I dunno, I haven't played most of them.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
Supernatural would probably always be on top.

Probably Ambitions or University Life, they don't appeal to me even though I don't own them.
Scholar
#155 Old 29th May 2014 at 11:29 AM
Now that I have experience with a new EP, I have some new things to say.
I don't think I can call ANY of the EPs we got in Sims 3, at least the ones I've played or seen lots of gameplay footage of, seem all that great. I can't call any of them my favorite. Seasons is nice cause it adds weather (and seasons, I guess), but the negatives in terms of the festivals showing up or clogging my wish list in wanting to go there and get your face painted every few days is really annoying. Some of the new features or traits added aren't that great, I barely notice any change.

Late Night is entertaining.... if you have PEOPLE in your town. Bridgeport was too slow for me and I still barely saw people in things. In a custom world with multiple NPC families (all either unemployed or part-time, and the right traits to make them go to places) I still barely see more than two or three Sims in a hot spot. The NPC vampires seem to be incredibly dumb cause they walk around in broad daylight all the time, always close to losing their vitality or having a vampire-sunstroke. And despite my Sim knowing every vampire in the town (no story progression) they still wish to meet a new vampire. Or can't get rid of the damn "Hunted" moodlet despite no unfriendly vampire being anywhere on the lot. The idea is great, the celebrity system seems okay to me (I never noticed any "Jump immediately to top" unbalancing) and some of the added clothes are neat.

Generations was nice enough with the added STUFF Toddlers and Children could finally do. But I overall think the glitches in it are just too annoying, I want my kids to go on a fieldtrip, but that results in them never going to their afternoon classes anymore. The mood swings are nice enough for teens, but the wishes that appear are too out there, it'd be cool if a promised wish of being mean to someone disappeared within a few hours cause the mood swung the other direction again and didn't just disappear when the entire moodlet did about 16 hours later.

Pets is sweet if you go for animals. But I personally just don't like them being fully controllable. I liked the Sims 2 version more, where I sort of had ways to control them, but ultimately didn't have to chaperone them all over the place. The addition of horses is nice, but overall not all that great. I can't say if a horse is faster than a car, I doubt it is, though.

Island Paradise was great with the scuba diving and mermaids, which are entertaining enough to play as long as you get a mod or so that gives them proper hunger filled by something. The resort managing is nice enough, I personally wondered after a while exactly what else I have to shove those customers up the ass until they finally gave me a five star rating and would stop bitching about something, but I can see why some people didn't like it cause it was more a helicopter managing than a "proper" type, like the restaurants or similar in Open for Business.

Even the alternate lifestates seem to have become... I dunno, bland compared to Sims 2. In Sims 2, I had multiple EPs that I loved having like OfB and Seasons, even Bon Voyge. Here, none of them do much. Sure it's nice to have them, but none are so great that I think "Wow I just can't imagine playing Sims 3 without this installed." But from the ones I've got, I'd say Seasons is still my favorite solely because of Weather (although even THAT needs tweaking, 14 Day Summer with 13 Days of heavy rain - I'm from Germany, German summers have rain at times, we even have HAIL in summer at times. But I'm not particularily PLAYING my Sims like it's in Germany!) and my least favorite probably Pets due to the controlling or Generations due to glitches.

As said before, I do want to try out either WA or Ambitions, although I'm currently more looking at Ambitions because I like the eco friendly idea and such. Just wish it had a flower shop options, like in OfB. But the sculpting my be fun enough.

C-A
Alchemist
#156 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:35 AM
I have to say it's fun to blow up stuff, thanks to Ambitions.
Instructor
#157 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 5:13 PM
I'm so blind! Made a new thread on this topic, with some tweaks to include store worlds/venues/sets. Deleted it in utter shame, haha.

Anyways;

Favourite: Island Paradise, because it adds a lot of gameplay previously not seen in any sims game, e.g. mermaids, houseboats, resorts, diving. The world that comes with the EP is stunningly beautiful, but unfortunately a bit laggy even on my computer (which is handling other worlds perfectly with every EP/SP installed, and quite some CC along with that). I've instead made changes to previous worlds to fully take advantage of IP's content.
Least favourite: World Adventures, because I rarely visit the vacation worlds. I can't be arsed with the 5 minute loading screens, I rarely use the objects that came with the EP, and the tombs lack challenge. The only WA gameplay I've used the last few years has been nectar making, simply because I enjoy having a fine wine cellar in my houses.

Favourite: High End Loft Stuff. I use some of the items from this SP in almost every house I create. I love the sleek and stylish look of the items!
Least favourite: Katy Perry... what's it called again? The only thing I've ever used from this SP is one specific high-slit dress when creating a Jessica Rabbit sim. Seriously.

EPs
Island Paradise, Seasons, Into the Future (I adore the bots), Pets, University, Late Night, Supernatural, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, World Adventures

SPs
High End Loft Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Diesel Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Movie Stuff, Katy Perry Blah Blah

World Adventures, see above.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM
The official TS3 most favourite/least favourite EP/SP/what one should I buy thread...
Looking to get a new expansion and can't decide which one? Looking to uninstall an expansion you have but don't know which one to nuke? Just want to yammer about which ones are the best, worst, or otherwise?

Favourite: Generations Least: WA

All the stuff packs equally except for Katy Perry's Sweet Treats (why did I spend the money on that?)

Generations, Ambitions, Showtime, Late Night, Island Paradise(when it works), Supernatural, University, Seasons, WA
I don't have Into the Future or Pets so I can't rank them

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why? -Since I really hate WA, I should say that. But I also think that Seasons should have just been part of the game and not a separate EP I usually turn off the rain and hail for my whole game.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eyuri
I love The Sims so much, but we are missing someone who would like to make her?

You should make a request to Ms_Blue at TSR. She can make anyone
Test Subject
#160 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:22 AM
i love all of them but my favorite is supernatural and latenight and least favorite expansion pack is generations
im not really a fan of family activities in the sims but i just buy it for my collection
Instructor
#161 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:31 AM
Ambitions, becouse I like doing to the laundry lol. I also like the self-employment job especially the writer and painter careers.
Don't have any
Of the one I have - Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Late Night, WA
WA. it is just useless to me. I keep it installed becouse of the collectable butterflys and fish
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:28 PM
My all time favourite -has- to be Supernatural. I really love playing as an occult life state, and I love the theme the objects and clothes came in. Moonlight Falls is also the town I play the most in. But before Supernatural came out, Late Night was my favourite because of the Vampires and Bridgeport. And my least favourite is either Seasons or WA. I mean, I like them all, but WA doesn't get as much play time anymore and with Seasons I like the weather, festivals and holidays but I do need Nraas tempest installed because I'm sure Lucky Palms doesn't get hail the entire summer. Also, I feel they really slacked on the clothing department with Seasons. When Winter and Summer get added, I expect a decent amount of new swimwear and outerwear for -all- ages.

Master Suite Stuff is the one I like best. I use the sleepwear all the time and it adds one of my favourite EA-made hairs as well. Katy Perry's Sweet Treats is my least favourite, I only like that one high-waisted hot pants and use the rest if I might ever make an acrobat.

Expansion Packs: Supernatural, Late Night, Island Paradise, Generations, Pets, Into the Future, University Life, Ambitions, Showtime, World Adventures and Seasons.
Stuff Packs: Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Diesel Stuff, 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, Movie Stuff and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats.

None, I can't play without any of them as that would just feel like an incomplete game to me.
Test Subject
#163 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:21 AM
Your PC cant handle all your expansion packs?Click here to see the ones you really like.
Do you have issues with loading your game,your PC cant handle all your expansions and you have recently been told that you should have less expansions installed?
If the answer is YES,then you should read this.

I am going to help you guys choose the expansions you really want installed,how?
Just choose the ones from the pack that describes how you like to play :D

PACK 1:

The Life Pack:

Generations
Pets
Seasons
University Life

PACK 2:

The Travel and Rejuvenation (whatever) Pack:

World Adventures
Late Night
Island Paradise
Into the Future

PACK 3:

The Career and Hobby Pack:

Ambitions
Showtime
Supernatural

There are also stuff packs-and if you ask me the best ones are High End Loft Stuff and Fast Lane Stuff and 70-80-90s pack,following are the Town Life and Master Suite and Movies and Outdoor Living,and the "not very good" ones-the Katy freaking Perry stuff and Diesel Stuff.
But that is just my humble opinion and everyone has their own.
I hope i helped.
Banned
#164 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemeauxsonata
Seasons. 'Cause I think it's beautiful in so many ways. You in TS, playing... Then starts to rain... (I love rain + cold weather), and if you go outside... You can get wet. Then, starts to snow, the way just beautiful... In Autumn, the leaves. (my favourite season), the Halloween times... Springtime, the flowers, the happiness. Man, the game gets better, you know.

University Life. Even in The Sims 2 I didn't liked it, In The Sims 3 it's a cool EP, but, It's very rare to me using it. Sometimes I think it's kind of boring and I'm not attracted to.

Seasons, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Pets, Showtime, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Into The Future, University Life.

Into The Future. I'm not saying that is a bad EP. It's really cool. But I'm not that Future person. I like more the old times. (Like Wild West in Cinema SP)

university life is a waste of hard drive space. the mascot is really annoying. someone should make a gun mod just to shoot him.
Banned
#165 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:45 PM
Fav=Split between two= Late Night=Bridgeport!/Supernatural= Werwolves!
Least Fav=KPST= Markety rubbish, feed it to a dog, it'll die due to chocolate.
SN-LN-UL-SNS-ITF-PTS-AMB-ISP-WA-GEN-SHO
World Adventures= Take it back, and make it Sims 2: Bon Voyage. No-one likes your Indiana Jones rubbish, EA.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:21 PM
What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why? University least fav because I was super excited for it and it flopped majorly for me. It was very glitchy to play as a student at uni so the letdown was big
Most fav supernatural/late night because those two added a lot to the gameplay supernatural adding lots of cool things (witches) and late night clubs,vamps,clothes,objects it's a must have
What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why? I don't but stuff packs
If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why? Pets because it's so annoying the wild horses suck and the pets can be quite needy that i rarely make my sims get one but I love the clothes and the Appaloosa plains world
#167 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

My Most favorite is "Into The Future". What I like about it are the plumbots; I use them to do the boring repetitive tasks like leveling up on potions and elixirs or cloning (using the University Life science station) tiberium (World advantures), or just making many plasma bugs thus freeing my sim to do more relevant things. Generally, I stick a limitless learning trait chip and a solar trait chip and set my plumbot down on a bench in the sun with a stack of skill books, or a science station to clone something valuable, or a chemistry station to learn potions. Plumbots don't get singed like human sims so I can que up 8 discover potions and just have to worry about needing repairs.

Katy Perry. Candy everything? Really? No wonder Origin doesn't offer that.

I'm not big on cars, and I've not played it much, but the Fast Lane stuff pack would be second.

My first purchase was a Base game + Ambitions, so I really don't know what's what between them.

I'd put University life and Into the future near the top, and Showtime, pets and Supernatural near the bottom. Everything else is in the middle, and they're favorites at different times.

Okay, Supernatural isn't bad, really. But it's redundant with some of the other EP... what I mean is, you can either make a young again potion for 1 plasma bug and one hour's Sim-time to clone it, or a Fountain of Youth with three hours time to clone the butterfly, and what not to make that. I like to play either a science+future+logic game, or a Supernatural game with Hidden Springs or Midnight Hollow, where I like to play witches.

Supernatural
I really don't care for Zombies. Having zombies pop up like mushrooms and make noises was fun for one day, and then ... how do I shut it off? And doing the elixirs is tedius - find this bug, that metal, this fish... then because of Seasons the fishing holes freeze over and you can't find bugs and plants because of the snow. On top of that, most of the elixirs don't do much exciting and they take too long to learn, especially when you're playing a witch and he's busy turning hundreds of apples with the conversion ritual so he can get Tiberium without having to go to Egypt or China. Also I had this nice relationship going with Ms. Landgraab and she just suddenly turned to dust in the daylight. I guess in that game she was a vampire. Kinda disappointing. Just got to the "girlfriend" stage and she just died like that. So, I had to spend 40,000 lifetime wish points to get the philosophers stone and have my plumbot make her some Ambrosia to get her back.

Second runner up for the least favorite is Pets. I love animals, but they don't live a long time in the game and it just bust me up when they die. I try to bring in strays... I had a stray cat and I gave it all the attention I could, but it ran away to live with a townie family. I called the family and ask them to bring the cat over for a visit, and they said no. Man, that's just harsh.

So I use the game starter and usually don't play with Supernatural just to get away from the zombies and Pets because it's too heartbreaking.
#168 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sirvino
university life is a waste of hard drive space. the mascot is really annoying. someone should make a gun mod just to shoot him.

Yeah... Tell Sim to study, tell Sim to go to class... Tell sim to Sleep. Then repeat 15 times.
And what do you get for all this effort? When you sim gets a degree, they move up in their career faster when you say 'go to work'.

Too much telling them to do things and just waiting for 8 sim hours for them to do it.

And the social group thing... what's that about? Then you have to watch your sim's social interactions so they don't do something snarky and insulting to other sims.

What's good about it? The science station, so you can clone everything from bugs to tiberium to other sims... Plant-sims so you can have a sim that doesn't have to bother with bladder, food and hygiene motives, and then cure them with superspice.
Test Subject
#169 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:01 PM
Pets, Seasons Or University Life?
I am fortunate enough to have earned enough points on my mobile for a voucher this Christmas which I plan to use to enhance my Sims 3 game. I already have Supernatural, Late Night, Ambitions and Generations, but now I am struggling to choose between University Life, Pets and Seasons so I thought I would ask if anyone had any opinions or advice regarding which EP I should purchase? Or perhaps there's another you feel I am overlooking? Any feedback would be appreciated.
One Minute Ninja'd
#170 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 9:09 PM
It depends on you. If you're not allergic to animals, and like having pets around, Pets is a good, if demanding EP. If you want to relive your college day adventures, or act out what you hope college will be like when you're old enough, Uni would be fun to get (and no, IRL woohoo is not nearly as easy to get in college as in Uni, close, but not THAT easy). If you're an outdoorsy type, Seasons brings a ton of activities, from ice and roller rink skating, to snowboarding, snowball fights, and season themed festivals.

They're all quite good. From a pure game play perspective, Seasons probably brings the most to the table for every sim world you already have (and might still get in the future). Pets brings the joys and headaches of pet ownership into the game, almost like the real world (yes, getting a dog is fun, but they ARE a responsibility). Uni is pretty specific. Some nice stuff you can use in everyday play comes along, such as the bowling lanes (all my worlds have bowling alleys in them), ping pong tables, the coffee bar (all my worlds have a Starbucks knockoff in them as well), a bunch of "herbs" for ingesting or burning (but you don't really "inhale"), and some new party types, but TBH, after a few runthroughs, there's not much replayability to the EP. That's a personal opinion. I'm sure others will weigh in as well.
Instructor
#171 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 10:37 PM
For years my sims have had a goldfish named Kurt. Even after I got Pets. Pets is not my favourite EP, but it does bring variety and life to your town, with raccoons, wild horses and deers too. Personally I'm not too fond of the horses as they do sometimes think your lawn as their personal playground. Cats don't really contribute to their up keeping other than finding minor pets, bugs and fish. Mostly I keep them as simply indoor pets. But dogs are useful as they can find you gems, such as pink diamonds and palladium.. I think I have only once owned a horse in the game. They are, in my opinion, just for hobby. They take alot of your time, if you want them to learn skills. I don't think they can learn skills on their own. I don't know, have never tried though. Even with the cons, I like having my sims taking their dogs for a walk to the part to play with or cats jumping on counters to sleeping on. Becouse you can control TS3 pets they are more enjoyable than the previous ones.

Can't really say anything about Seasons becouse I'm myself too considering getting over SN or IP.
Top Secret Researcher
#172 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 11:47 PM
If you want weather and seasonal activities, which will have the greatest affect on any world you play, then go with Seasons. I can no longer imagine playing Sims without Seasons. If you want horses that train themselves and puppies that eat major household appliances, go with Pets. University is fun to play around with from time to time, but other than a few new objects and a few new limited-usefulness lot types...well, it is a pretty poorly done expansion.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#173 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:01 AM
University is one of the best made expansion packs, but you get tired of it really fast and in the end I uninstalled it. At first the new availabilities it comes with seem really cool and all of that, but in the end I was tired of the smartphone, tired of the '' jocks/gamer/rebels '' tags that sims got, tired of that llama showing up to every new household telling you to join UNI, tired of the graffiti, tired of the herbs and tired of sending my sims to university spending tons of money just stressing over the fact that they might not pass the finals and then go back to hometown only to get a level 4 job.

Pets is good and bad, I love the pets but I tend to get tired of them quite fast even though it is one of the better expansion packs. Having horses, dogs and cats is actually quite fun but not all the time. Appaloosa Plains is a nice and pleasant neighborhood too even though it's not my favorite. Anyway if you want this expansion pack I doubt you will regret the purchase even though there are better expansion packs such as Late Night or Generations (which you already have! Good choice)

Seasons is one of the best expansion packs. I don't give much for the rain or hail but the seasons really add much to the game, it really really does and even though when I bought it, it was quite expensive I still don't regret spending that much on it, because it is simply awesome. Winter! Snow! Christmas! Autumn! Halloween! Easter! Spring feelings! Football! Aliens! Festivals! Online dating! Hot dog eating contest! If you buy this expansion pack you will absolutely not be disappointed, it is with no doubt one of the best expansion packs ever made.

Other than that, I don't recommend Showtime or Island Paradise - Showtime is really boring and repetitive and Island Paradise is broken, just simply broken (playing in Isla Paradiso that is). I like Into The Future but that might not suit everyone, but I think it has nice additions.
Scholar
#174 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 5:22 AM
I've got all three of these, and I love them all, but if I had to choose only one it would be Seasons. It just brings a whole new experience to the game. If you like horses, though, Pets is the one you want.
Mad Poster
#175 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 5:48 AM
I suppose if someone hooked me up to a torture device and made me choose I'd go for Seasons. But I love them all tbh.
Page 7 of 10