Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#651 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:44 PM
Can someone tell me how many helpings of the "pregnancy foods" a woman has to eat to give birth to the selected gender?
Seafood Stew - Female
Sweet Porridge - Male
Advertisement
Test Subject
#652 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MamaLambNC
Can someone tell me how many helpings of the "pregnancy foods" a woman has to eat to give birth to the selected gender?
Seafood Stew - Female
Sweet Porridge - Male

I just got my queen pregnant with a daughter last evening by only one helping.
Lab Assistant
#653 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM
Default Where Do I get DLL file?
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Note:
I am uploading a new beta version of the mod. This represents a major change in the way I handle a lot of things. It a lot cleaner system, and more accurate, not to mention fixes some bugs. The main thing you will notice is the new Options Menu that allows you to enable or disable Core feature. The other thing is a new spell addition Deadly Arrow which kills the target sim.

Since it's such a major change I've decided to make the last version my official stable version, and keep it here for anyone who wants that. It does include the returned CAS Patterns, but it only returns that code to the original. I've figured I'd probably better keep a version history, so this one's version is 2.0.13.001. The new beta is 2.0.13.002.beta.

3/17/2013:
Latest core fixes DEBUG options check on the options screen.

The package names have been changed in the stable version, so if you've previously used my core you'll need to delete the old beta package.

This is a collection of most of my mods, plus several things I've been working on. It is meant to replace all of my mods except for Auto Save. It also does not include male pregnancy clothing, but I'll add the link here.

New Options

Male / Male Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during male / male WooHoo.

Female / Female Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during female / female WooHoo.

Female / Male Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during female / male WooHoo.

Male / Female Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during male / female WooHoo. (EA default)

Special Consideration
If at any time the selection may be either sim the default mother will be the sim who started the WooHoo interaction.

Baby Gender Bias (2.0)
Allows increasing the chance of having a male child by eating Sweet Porridge, and a female child by eating Seafood Stew.

Naked WooHoo
Sims will get naked after WooHooing.

Naked Sleep
Sims will get naked to sleep.

Naked Wager (2.0)
Sims will get naked when losing a wager for clothes at the card table. (Thanks to kawaiipd for suggesting it.)

Naked Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when naked. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

Toilet Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when using chamber pot. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

DEBUG Interactions (2.0)
This adds a bunch of DEBUG interactions to every sim in the game. (Change Profession, Religion, Skills, Levels, etc....) It also will add DEBUG commands to the console if testingcheats is enabled. I haven't tested every new DEBUG interaction. I know some do nothing, but others may break you're game. Use caution.

New Interactions
Door Lock/Unlock(Returned to 2.0 by request)
Allows locking and unlocking of doors. A locked door is inaccessible to all sims until it is unlocked.

Murder By…
Allows killings any sim by selected death type. The interaction occurs immediately after murdered sim finishes their current interaction.

Wish For Child
Allows wishing for a child a the town well. The wishing sim will be allowed to select the “father” of their child. The wishing sim will always become pregnant instantly.

Adopt Child
Allows adoption of a parent-less child from the message post. The child will be added as a regular blood child to the adopting sims family. The child will also be added to the adopting sims spouses family. Adopted children behave as normal children (for those who have read my Same Sex thread the problem seems to be fixed).

Age Child
Allows a sim to age their child to adult.

Age Child and Assign Profession
Allows a sim to age their child to adult and give them the household profession. The child immediately becomes an adult with the household profession, however the child will not be selectable until a new quest begins or a parent sim select the interaction Retire From Profession.

Retire From Profession
Allows a sim to retire from their profession without dying. The sim will pass on any quest or profession to their eldest child. The child, if not aged up already, will age up, and become a sim of the parents profession. The child will also become selectable, and take over the parents current quest.

Notes/Bugs
The quest will not officially change sims until the parent finishes their current quest task, even though the task is listed in the child’s queue.

If the current quest requires a certain quest specific ability using the Retire From Profession interaction after the ability is granted, and when the sim has an eligible child, could make the quest impossible to complete.

Retiring From Profession when no eligible child is present will make the game have no available quest when the current quest is completed. This can be fixed by selecting a new sim for the retired profession, and calling the console command rerollquests.

Set Color Tint(2.0)
Allows selection of a single tint color to be applied to game objects normally unrecolorabled in design mode. Doors, lights, shells, harvestables, urns and more can now have their colors tinted. Some objects do get the interaction, but have no noticeable color change when applied. Sims, terrain, village, and town walls don't seem to change color. Other objects because of the dark nature of their texture show very little difference when recolored. A lighter texture should make tinting more noticeable.

Add Ability or Set Level(2.0)
This adds an interaction to sims which allows setting individual levels. This replaces the former Dynamic Professions addition for adding abilities with my own new ability interaction. This still isn't exactly what I want, but it will do.

Assign Title(2.0)
Allows a Monarch to assign a Title and Name to any non-professional sim.

Returned Patterns to CAS(2.0)
Don't know why they "fixed" this.

New Beta Changes
These changes are only available in the Beta release.
New Interface(Beta)
New Options Menu allows enabling and disabling of all Core options and interactions. Also fixes some bugs, and tidy's up the code.

New Interaction Injectors(Beta)
Interaction Injectors have been reworked to be more efficient and accurate.

New Spell Deadly Arrow(Beta)
Adds a Level 1 spell called Deadly Arrow. This spell when successful will kill it's target.

Translations
Swedish by sparalink

Compatibility
This is a full core mod so it is not compatible with any other core mod. This mod also rewrites the optionsdialog.xml so it will conflict with any mod which overwrites it. This mods is also meant as a full replacement for all of my Medieval mods except for Auto Save, and should not be used with them.

This is a script mod so you must install d3dx9_31.dll in your The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder.
Please Refer to How to mod you game for beginners for mod installation instructions and files.

where do I get the d3dx9_31.dll file at please thanks
Scholar
#654 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EndlessSims
where do I get the d3dx9_31.dll file at please thanks

the very last sentence says "Please Refer to How to mod you game for beginners for mod installation instructions and files." click the link
Test Subject
#655 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 5:25 PM
here is my problem I did everything that was instructed on where the proper files go and tried to use the grims midieval core mod with the tz dynamic and I can get to the castle and all other buildings but when I try to make a new monarch then the bar goes almost to the end and then freezes.The bar then will not move and and the game keeps running and if I try to load a saved game then the same thing will happen.I have placed the packages folder in the mods folder and put that in the sims midieval directory along with the resource.cfg file I got off here and the dll file is placed in the bin folder in the midieval sims directory and if I remove that one file and the tz dynamic file from the packages fold then the game will run correctly as intended
Scholar
#656 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kalthazz
here is my problem I did everything that was instructed on where the proper files go and tried to use the grims midieval core mod with the tz dynamic and I can get to the castle and all other buildings but when I try to make a new monarch then the bar goes almost to the end and then freezes.The bar then will not move and and the game keeps running and if I try to load a saved game then the same thing will happen.I have placed the packages folder in the mods folder and put that in the sims midieval directory along with the resource.cfg file I got off here and the dll file is placed in the bin folder in the midieval sims directory and if I remove that one file and the tz dynamic file from the packages fold then the game will run correctly as intended

I do not believe the two can be used together. you will have to use one or the other. i prefer Grim's myself.
Test Subject
#657 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:15 AM Last edited by ~StormyTempest~ : 6th Dec 2014 at 5:39 AM.
I am so confused right now, the mod doesn't seem to be working for me. Everytime I load the Sims Medieval, the intro works fine, but the when it gets to loading screen, it just stays at the loading screen. Has anybody had this problem? Without the mod it works the game works perfectly fine. Also I use a cracked version of the game, could that have something to do with it?
Scholar
#658 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~StormyTempest~
I am so confused right now, the mod doesn't seem to be working for me. Everytime I load the Sims Medieval, the intro works fine, but the when it gets to loading screen, it just stays at the loading screen. Has anybody had this problem? Without the mod it works the game works perfectly fine. Also I use a cracked version of the game, could that have something to do with it?

a couple of times, i have had to start the game, start a castle, then save and exit, then put in the mod. and it would work ok from that point. try it that way maybe?
Test Subject
#659 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
a couple of times, i have had to start the game, start a castle, then save and exit, then put in the mod. and it would work ok from that point. try it that way maybe?

It still doesn't seem to be working even when I did try doing that.
Test Subject
#660 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~StormyTempest~
It still doesn't seem to be working even when I did try doing that.

Hello Stormy

I had the same problem like you with the core...the game was loading after the intro without an ending! Which d3dx9_31.dll did you take for the game/bin? The dll from windows or the dll from here? My mistake was, that I had token the dll from windows and so the game "freezes" at the loading screen. But after I exchanged the dll from windows with the dll from here, the game was loading and everything works fine. Maybe this can be your solution too?

I'm hoping , that it helps you with your problem...Good Luck! (I am german, so if you have problems with my english...simply ask )
Yours sincerely, Simperle
Test Subject
#661 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simperle15
Hello Stormy

I had the same problem like you with the core...the game was loading after the intro without an ending! Which d3dx9_31.dll did you take for the game/bin? The dll from windows or the dll from here? My mistake was, that I had token the dll from windows and so the game "freezes" at the loading screen. But after I exchanged the dll from windows with the dll from here, the game was loading and everything works fine. Maybe this can be your solution too?

I'm hoping , that it helps you with your problem...Good Luck! (I am german, so if you have problems with my english...simply ask )
Yours sincerely, Simperle

Thank you! I'll try this out and see what happens!
Test Subject
#662 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:00 PM
has anyone found a fix for the freezing after the intro? I have the dll from here but it still freezes.
Test Subject
#663 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 7:25 PM
Default Thank You
I cannot say THANK YOU enough!
Note:
I am uploading a new beta version of the mod. This represents a major change in the way I handle a lot of things. It a lot cleaner system, and more accurate, not to mention fixes some bugs. The main thing you will notice is the new Options Menu that allows you to enable or disable Core feature. The other thing is a new spell addition Deadly Arrow which kills the target sim.

Since it's such a major change I've decided to make the last version my official stable version, and keep it here for anyone who wants that. It does include the returned CAS Patterns, but it only returns that code to the original. I've figured I'd probably better keep a version history, so this one's version is 2.0.13.001. The new beta is 2.0.13.002.beta.

3/17/2013:

The package names have been changed in the stable version, so if you've previously used my core you'll need to delete the old beta package.

This is a collection of most of my mods, plus several things I've been working on. It is meant to replace all of my mods except for Auto Save. It also does not include male pregnancy clothing, but I'll add the link here.

New Options

Male / Male Pregnancy

Female / Male Pregnancy

Male / Female Pregnancy

Special Consideration
If at any time the selection may be either sim the default mother will be the sim who started the WooHoo interaction.

Baby Gender Bias (2.0)
Allows increasing the chance of having a male child by eating Sweet Porridge, and a female child by eating Seafood Stew.

Naked WooHoo

Naked Sleep

Naked Wager (2.0)
Sims will get naked when losing a wager for clothes at the card table. (Thanks to kawaiipd for suggesting it.)

Naked Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when naked. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

Toilet Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when using chamber pot. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

DEBUG Interactions (2.0)
This adds a bunch of DEBUG interactions to every sim in the game. (Change Profession, Religion, Skills, Levels, etc....) It also will add DEBUG commands to the console if testingcheats is enabled. I haven't tested every new DEBUG interaction. I know some do nothing, but others may break you're game. Use caution.

New Interactions
Allows locking and unlocking of doors. A locked door is inaccessible to all sims until it is unlocked.

Murder By…
Allows killings any sim by selected death type. The interaction occurs immediately after murdered sim finishes their current interaction.

Wish For Child
Allows wishing for a child a the town well. The wishing sim will be allowed to select the “father” of their child. The wishing sim will always become pregnant instantly.

Adopt Child
Allows adoption of a parent-less child from the message post. The child will be added as a regular blood child to the adopting sims family. The child will also be added to the adopting sims spouses family. Adopted children behave as normal children (for those who have read my Same Sex thread the problem seems to be fixed).

Age Child

Allows a sim to age their child to adult and give them the household profession. The child immediately becomes an adult with the household profession, however the child will not be selectable until a new quest begins or a parent sim select the interaction Retire From Profession.

Retire From Profession
Allows a sim to retire from their profession without dying. The sim will pass on any quest or profession to their eldest child. The child, if not aged up already, will age up, and become a sim of the parents profession. The child will also become selectable, and take over the parents current quest.

Notes/Bugs
The quest will not officially change sims until the parent finishes their current quest task, even though the task is listed in the child’s queue.

If the current quest requires a certain quest specific ability using the Retire From Profession interaction after the ability is granted, and when the sim has an eligible child, could make the quest impossible to complete.

Retiring From Profession when no eligible child is present will make the game have no available quest when the current quest is completed. This can be fixed by selecting a new sim for the retired profession, and calling the console command rerollquests.

Set Color Tint(2.0)
Allows selection of a single tint color to be applied to game objects normally unrecolorabled in design mode. Doors, lights, shells, harvestables, urns and more can now have their colors tinted. Some objects do get the interaction, but have no noticeable color change when applied. Sims, terrain, village, and town walls don't seem to change color. Other objects because of the dark nature of their texture show very little difference when recolored. A lighter texture should make tinting more noticeable.

This adds an interaction to sims which allows setting individual levels. This replaces the former Dynamic Professions addition for adding abilities with my own new ability interaction. This still isn't exactly what I want, but it will do.

Assign Title(2.0)

New Beta Changes
New Interface(Beta)
New Options Menu allows enabling and disabling of all Core options and interactions. Also fixes some bugs, and tidy's up the code.

Adds a Level 1 spell called Deadly Arrow. This spell when successful will kill it's target.

Translations
Swedish by sparalink

Compatibility
This is a full core mod so it is not compatible with any other core mod. This mod also rewrites the optionsdialog.xml so it will conflict with any mod which overwrites it. This mods is also meant as a full replacement for all of my Medieval mods except for Auto Save, and should not be used with them.

This is a script mod so you must install d3dx9_31.dll in your The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder.
Please Refer to How to mod you game for beginners for mod installation instructions and files.
Test Subject
#664 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:50 AM
what is the meaning of test triplets in basket???
because when i try it ders no character
Test Subject
#665 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 3:37 AM
Default Wishing for child
I know. I'm a terrible terrible necromancer...

Onto my question: Is there an option available to turn off all but the default pregnancies, EXCEPT when wishing in the well? I'd like to have the option to make normally impossible pregnancies only possible through the well...maybe I'm weird.

Any help appreciated.

Also: Does the deadly arrow spell conflict with Ricks Bug Fix.

I am currently trying to mod my TSM game for the first time. I have read avidly through many posts, and am just having trouble establishing what works ok with what. So many are abandoned and it is very sad.
Test Subject
#666 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:14 AM
I have a question. I installed the mod,and the startup screen says "grim's medieval core". But why does the game get stuck on the loading screen?
Lab Assistant
#667 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:47 AM
Good question. But I can inform you that the mod works fine, so either you have another conflicting mod installed or your game is outdated, so I'll suggest that you look into those things. If you can't update it because you're using a pirated version, then you should start paying for your games instead anyway.
Test Subject
#668 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:34 AM
I'm having a problem with male/male pregnancy.
My sim got pregnant, and had a baby. Now he's stuck on his pregnant cloth and I can't change his outfit. His sleepwear, armor and professional cloths are gone. He can't sleep, fight or get a bath. When a try to "Plan Outfit" or "Edit in CAS", the game starts "Entering Create a Sim", but it don't load. Then I need to force the game close with ctrl+alt+del.
Am I doing something wrong?
I realy love this Grim's Core! But I hope you can help me with this problem. I want to enjoy it, with the male/male pregnancy without lose my hero in the end of it. Help me, or my little princess will be an orphan! :'(
Inventor
#669 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:52 AM
Are you using the correct version for your game? Are you using other script mods that may conflict with this?

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#670 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:07 AM
Yes, I am using the right version. It works very well, until the end of this male/male pregnancy.
I put anothers mods, but after i get bored with this problem. When I try find how to fix it, I discovered anothers mods. With or without these mods, this problem still there. It isn't a conflict between these mods. :/
Test Subject
#671 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Poison131622 : 11th Feb 2015 at 9:49 AM.
I've had this game since it came out and only bought Pirates and Nobles last year. I've played it on and off but my appreciation for it really has grown. I decided today I want to try my hand at modding it - mainly for the adoption perk that comes with this mod and same sex stuff. I referred to the instructions here and the beginners guide but when I load the game (which it loads fine, by the way) it doesn't seem to have registered the mod is there. The option menu to enable/disable options isn't under Options and I tried testing the messenger post and well but alas still nothing.

Grim's mod is the only thing I have present and it's currently under:
Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/Mods/Packages

I have no sub folders either at this time.

I have the resource file and copied and paste this into it and saved it:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

I have the testing cheats enabled true active - as in I just changed the file from 0 to 1 - I don't know about this mod being talked about that some guy made? Unless that's what it is referring to, again I'm brand new to modding this specific game.

I also have d3dx9_31.dll application extension downloaded from the beginners guide, too. It currently sits in:
Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin

First I'd like to know did I place everything where it belongs? Because I read Sims Medieval doesn't use it through My Documents and all that.
Second I'd like any ideas as to what I could do to get this working? It's really an amazing sounding mod and one I've kept an eye on for a while but was too chicken shit to use because I was worried about my game, aha. So any help or advice, recommendations, anything would be great because I really want to try this out.

Thank you! And thank you Grim for this amazing mod, too. Even not yet being able to play it I still think it's an amazing contribution to the Sims Medieval. <3
Inventor
#672 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 12:58 PM
Your Mods folder goes in the main directory of Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/ or Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/, you don't go deeper than that. The resource.cfg goes into the main directory, too, alongside the Mods, Game, GameData, etc, folders.

Test Subject
#673 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 3:21 PM
Default Grim...you still here??
Grim, Im new to TSM and moding both. I had first wanted to remove the censor then make the females non barbie. so i added those mods along with MTS_Rockerduck_1187434_d39x9_31(1).rar and MTS_Rockerduck_1187435_Resource.rar along with setting up the commands .ini to=1.and added the mod and packet folders Which those mods worked fine. but then i saw your mods and wanted your core. In preparation of adding your core,ver#V_2_0_13_beta i removed the first 2 patches and reverted the commands.ini back to the origin.now i get the load screen with grims core but it never loads it just stops there. i have tried everything i can think of to no avail. My system is a windows 7 64bit I had zipped and unziped in the packets file with the readme removed when i install it, it looks just like the screen pics with and without the command. ini altered any help you can give me would give me would be greatly appreciated. my TSM version # is 2.0.113.0001 with the P&N thanks so much for all your work
Note:

3/17/2013:

New Options

Male / Male Pregnancy

Female / Male Pregnancy

Male / Female Pregnancy

Special Consideration

Baby Gender Bias (2.0)

Naked WooHoo

Naked Sleep

Naked Wager (2.0)

Naked Censor (2.0)

Toilet Censor (2.0)

DEBUG Interactions (2.0)

New Interactions

Murder By…

Wish For Child

Adopt Child

Age Child

Retire From Profession

Notes/Bugs

Set Color Tint(2.0)

Assign Title(2.0)

New Beta Changes
New Interface(Beta)

Translations
Swedish by sparalink

Compatibility

Test Subject
#674 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Your Mods folder goes in the main directory of Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/ or Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/, you don't go deeper than that. The resource.cfg goes into the main directory, too, alongside the Mods, Game, GameData, etc, folders.

Oh wow, thank you. That worked. I guess I misread something? Thank you so much for responding so swiftly, I appreciate it.
Inventor
#675 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:27 PM
You're welcome!

Page 27 of 31