Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 11:43 PM
12gb and over 10000 mods -_- i have a problem XD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:19 AM
My Sims 4 CAS file is 11,1 GB and it takes about 6 minutes to startup all CC.....so I need to buy me a SSD harddisk ;-)
Instructor
#28 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 7:56 PM
1,20 GB and counting. Because I download something new every day... I could have much more of what I like installed,the problem is not lag,it´s rather organizing . I do miss collection-folders,since creators does not always provide a search-word and searching on creator or object name not always gives results.The catalog gets very messy and objects are sometimes hard to find imho, so I started to weed and delete cc when the folder reached 2GB, in order to make building and decorating more fun. Otherwise I would have kept all cc I ever had. But still no bigger than 3 GB in all.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Inventor
#29 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 9:22 PM
Finally reach 1gb

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 12:38 PM
I have 4.7 GB of mods. It doesn't affect performance as far as I can tell. It should be noted that I run the game on Ultra on a gaming PC but when I had my old computer my then 3 GB of mods slowed down the game considerably in terms of loading,not the loading screens but the squares that let you select the content would take forever to display the thing, I don't know if I'm explaining this properly . This made building and creating sims a pain, but other than that no effect.
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:05 AM
My Mods folder is 20.6 Gb not lying
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:29 AM
My mods folder is 3 GIG. Geeeez I thought I had tons of CC. As for performance, it hasn't really affected it. Still running as smoothly as ever. I get the odd little lag here and there but its nothing. I don't even know if its necessarily CC related. I doubt I will be adding more, though.
Theorist
#33 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:59 AM
My sims 3 folder is iver 4 gig but I don't have much CC at all. it's about 94% script mods

My sims 4 folder is still less than 1 gig. I'm too terrified to accumulate mods in it because the fucking updates break them a hundred times a month. How do you guys deal with the constant breaking? Most of the mods I had in my game at the beginning are broken and unsupported *cough*Dr. Chillgood*cough*
Inventor
#34 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:07 AM
18,5 GB right now *sigh*
I'm mod addict. And download new stuff every day.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:54 AM
868kb over here XD
Oops, I think I'm in a wrong path *get off the screen slowly then run away asap
Scholar
#36 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:06 PM
I was up to nearly 8gb and then got tired of dealing with mods and custom content breaking all the time, so I'm down to 2.61gb now and still purging. I'm glad I was never an alpha player, because there's no way you can be into that look with low custom content. I'm also only playing with mods that are must-haves now and I'm breaking out of my fear of modding Sims 4 shell, so I've been able to update a couple that I use that were outdated. At least I'll be somewhat prepared for whatever apocalypse Maxis throws our way with Pets.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
My sims 3 folder is iver 4 gig but I don't have much CC at all. it's about 94% script mods

My sims 4 folder is still less than 1 gig. I'm too terrified to accumulate mods in it because the fucking updates break them a hundred times a month. How do you guys deal with the constant breaking? Most of the mods I had in my game at the beginning are broken and unsupported *cough*Dr. Chillgood*cough*

I mostly use MCC and not much else in the way of mods. But in CC well that's another story. I got real tired of mods being broken all the time and spending half of my time finding them.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:35 PM
7.2 Gb kinda like you.
Takes more time to load the game initial screen more than without CC.
But after is loaded the application, the game works fine. Almost no bugs or issues.

Sometimes traveling after playing for hours can freeze or even crash but is rare.

CAS works fine too, almost no difference in loading the items, even from the wardrobe in game. (when compared to sims 3 and sometimes 2 with loads of CC).

Most problems happen after a patch when mods/CC stops working, then can be a mess D:
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nautica187
11gb?!? WE HAVE A WINNER! I was careful too with my first 7gb here, but it gets really hard to keep track in my head of what's in there. I use notepad and write a few basic notes on my "mods" just a list of the ones that change gamplay and will inevitably need updating, also if i note if i add something that is a "default replacement". I put that text file in my documents/electronic arts folder so if i go a few months without playing (which i tend to do) I'll be able to pick up hoarding mods where i left off without breaking the game, update and patch as needed. I have noticed the mod conflict detector has some issues with bigger mod folders, it crashes sometimes, i know it's early and i'm sure it will improve over time

I only had one save that really bugged from me messing around with it. One day i noticed there were no more sims in my world but my current household, no one walking around, the gym and parks were empty, if i visited a lot there was never anyone home. I'm still not sure what caused it, I just scrapped the world and put all my houses in a new one. Took a wile since i literally bulldozed and rebuilt on every lot and had no "stock" sims but the goth family. i'm 1/2 way through, finally finished the two main towns. Newcrest should fly by since it's already empty.

I keep all changing gameplay mods into a 3 folders: 1 is careers mods, other is food mods and 3rd is all script and random gameplay mods like MCCC and others. So when something needs updating or breaks my game I know exactly where they are and remove them to test with only CC.
Scholar
#40 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Apsalar : 11th Aug 2017 at 10:13 AM.
I have 19gb as of now. I've been thinking about cleaning it out, but since I don't play much anymore, I haven't gotten to it yet. It doesn't really affect gameplay that much, it just take a little longer to load the game, and the game doesn't like having to render that many thumbnails in buy mode. In fact the game is very inefficient at rendering thumbnails. lol

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#41 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 2:28 AM
I don't worry about them going out of date to be honest. Usually the mods I use are all updated pretty quickly, at least the ones most important, like MCCC, and CoolSpears mods. The only one I probably could not live without is "no auto serenade" because my sims (with music skill) were serenading each other literally every waking second of the day making it actually unplayable. I also like "happy buffs changed to fine".

Most of the mods I use are to just stop auto annoying things like watching TV, auto donate, auto grab drink, auto wash hands, little piddly stuff like that. When there is a patch, I just put off playing until I have gotten any necessary updates. Sometimes they need replacing, sometimes they dont. I also have my mods organized fairly well, with all the scripting type mods being in the main MODS folder, but everything else in their own category. Some mods I have been able to remove as well, because EA has actually patched what the mod fixed!

I also learned how to fix custom content mirrors, counters, lights, bookshelves ect that were out of date so that they were coded to the latest patch. (Sometimes if you'd try to place a light or mirror it would say script call failed)
Scholar
#42 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:41 AM
I can recall with the TS2, I was a download freak, threw anything in that looked interesting, didn't care where it when as long as it was somewhere in the Downloads folder, still got my old TS2 downloads, sims and neighbourhood saved games which are now well over a decade old, from time to time I try to it clean out, being older and wiser now, i've managed to locate and remove over 600 orphan meshes, and dozens of other things that are unknowns or stuff that just stop working and very long time ago, and that's just the Hair, Clothing and Accessories, and haven't even decided and how to start with the Objects just yet.

As for TS4, I been very careful since Day 1, preview any package and study what to expect and what it does before it goes in, other than mccc, been avoiding almost all global mods completely, as I see there's enough bugs in the game as it is, without causing anymore confusement.

The game is still in development, after the final patch, I might check out some interesting global mods, but I'm prepared to wait, it' also makes patch-day a much smoother experience.
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:02 PM
I have 21GB it's lagging, not that bad, but I want it away.. I've played without cc because there is no lagg when I play, but it isn't so much fun to play without cc.. Damn what am I doing with my life
Inventor
#44 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:29 PM
22,4 GB right now :B
Same like Cennyee, lagging, but its boring without any mods. *sigh*
Field Researcher
#45 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:00 AM
Almost 5 GB, and I am finding I have lag and other issues now and then - I chalk this up to broken and old CC, because my computer is capable of running every game thus far on ultra with no issues. I think I might need to do a clean out and overhaul of CC, which is not exciting.

My script mods are clean, but MCD is flagging tons of clothing, hair and objects. Boo erns.

Also, the save I play from has been the same save since I started playing the Sims 4. That might also be affecting it.
Inventor
#46 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 1:13 AM
Recently I did a revolution in my mods folder. Deleted everything, and downloaded ony stuff maxis-match, and my mods folder now is only 5,45 GB right now. ^^
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 7:44 PM
You all with your huge GB numbers and devil-may-care attitudes are twitching out my neurotic need for streamlined organized file structures.

6.74 MB. All 5 files are renamed, neatly organized in separate folders within the parent MODs folder, and thoroughly tested.
Test Subject
#48 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM
Just a humble 712mb folder. Not using much custom content, just a few mods, buy, build and create a sim items. I'm just curious, what have you guys downloaded and you got like 15 and 20gb mod folders?
Scholar
#49 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 7:52 PM
I'm now down to slightly under 2gb, and I actually don't miss anything I got rid of, which is amazing! My loading screens are so fast now. They weren't bad before, but all total I've gone from somewhere in the neighborhood of 8gb to where I am now, so there's a definite difference.

I was already organized and I rename all my files, so nothing has special characters, but I had way, way too much clutter and other stuff I never used. Now my game has a much more uniform look to it. And my nerves are happy, because I'm not getting agitated trying to find things all the time. I don't know I did it in Sims 3 with nearly 13gb of custom content and no handy-dandy search feature in the catalog (collections are nice and all, but you can't beat that search bar Sims 4 has).
Scholar
#50 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher
Just a humble 712mb folder. Not using much custom content, just a few mods, buy, build and create a sim items. I'm just curious, what have you guys downloaded and you got like 15 and 20gb mod folders?

I'm tempted to say Everything, but trust me there is a ton of stuff I haven't downloaded. I try to download only quality maxis match stuff, but it piles on fast.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Page 2 of 3