Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:44 PM
Default Can anyone provide a guide for porting TS1 hairs to TS2?
Basically, the title. I want to port the beehive hairstyle to TS2 and I need to figure out how first.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:08 PM Last edited by omglo : 31st Jan 2018 at 2:47 PM.
I think you'd have to recreate it from scratch because TS1 isn't 3D. @Azelanne did some TS1 to TS2 conversions. Maybe she can give you some pointers.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM
Actually no. TS1 sims are fully 3D meshes and I'm sure you can find sims 1 head with that hairstyle in the game files (I really dont know how you would export it tho). But I'm sure you can. The next thing you would need to do is delete face mesh and leave only hair mesh, fix it so it fits sims 2 head, retexture it so it has a better quality look, and then weight paint it, or whatever is done with the hairs in TS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:41 PM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 1st Feb 2018 at 12:09 PM.
I beelive (xD!) I have found the files for the blonde beehive. I just need a way to get this into some editor. If anyone knows an editor that uses .cmx files can they tell me? I think this is a rather obscure format though.

EDIT: It seems to be a somewhat relevant format, but I still don't know an editor.
Attached Images

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:11 PM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 1st Feb 2018 at 6:27 PM.
That is just the texture, and I'm afraid you can't directly import that to ts2. What you could do is make a proper ts2 texture and use that picture as a reference.

I'm not sure how to extract the mesh and which format it would be, and very likely the mesh would be way too low poly for sims 2. You probably have to make the mesh from scratch too.

This will be helpful when trying to convert sims 1 meshes into .obj https://www.kelahn.com/SkinTut3.htm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
That is just the texture, and I'm afraid you can't directly import that to ts2. What you could do is make a proper ts2 texture and use that picture as a reference.

I'm not sure how to extract the mesh and which format it would be, and very likely the mesh would be way too low poly for sims 2. You probably have to make the mesh from scratch too.

This will be helpful when trying to convert sims 1 meshes into .obj https://www.kelahn.com/SkinTut3.htm

This provides no use at all. I know that is a texture, I have the model and texture, the files are not .obj s. And I'm trying.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:34 AM
To be honest, given how low-poly TS1 meshes are, it'd probably be quicker to reproduce the mesh from scratch than try to find an editor for that file format.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:01 PM
Or subdivide and work with that? Sims 1 meshes are like low poly LOD, tho sims 2 does not use LODs.

And some of sims 1 hairs indeed actually fit on Sims 2 sims really well.