Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 118 (Who?), Viewed: 63101 times.
Page 5 of 5
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#101 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 2:08 AM
You'd have to change that through the shortcut target parameters- for example, add -r1024x768 to the target to play in 1024X768. I think that's the maximum the game will display in, anyway.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 12:32 PM
@simsample

Thanks for that info I think 1024x768 is what I am playing at and after searching the internet a lot of players who reverted to 800x600 are complaining that this resolution is like playing in a small box that you cannot see properly so I am at as complete loss as to what to do and as I really don't understand how to change the resolution for this game to try it anyway. I think I will just play as is and make do as at least I have a full screen to play in.
Thanks for your ongoing help with this matter it has been much appreciated..
#103 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:34 PM
If you want to try playing in a different resolution, you can do that through modifying your shortcut parameters, too. Just add -r800x600 to the target. Another thing you could try is to play windowed, so add -w to the target.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
If you want to try playing in a different resolution, you can do that through modifying your shortcut parameters, too. Just add -r800x600 to the target. Another thing you could try is to play windowed, so add -w to the target.

yes I am going to try this next thanks and someone who is visiting is going to show me how to rearrange screen resolutions to match windowed mode etc as I am not sure what I am doing-)
#105 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 12:11 AM
Last time we saw Sims 1 Sim Sample, he was venturing to Magic town. Since then, he is progressing in his new ambition to become a magical sim. This is what he did today:
Scholar
#106 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 7:02 AM
Ohh, you read my mind simsample! I just checked on this forum due to a sudden urge to see new TS1 pics, which I was expecting there not to be.

You're my wish granting TS1 genie.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Scholar
#107 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 8:28 PM
So I'm a n00b as I just installed the game for the first time.

I especially love the phone calls.
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 12:30 AM
the tutorial lot in Neighborhood 1 can help you become familiar with the game. I do not remember the exact address, but a rectangle surrounds the lot and it is in the bottom corner of that rectangle. the family that lives there is named Newbie; Brandi in Sims2 is 1 of their descendants.

Not sure if I had the "Spring" message when I had Sims1.
But a number of my Sims1 sims did get fired; often on purpose.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 2:13 AM
The address of the Newbie house is 7 Sim Lane.
Just to add, in the Sims 3 Bob is a teen with his parents Robert and Mags in Riverview.

So far, I haven't seen any Newbies in Sims 4, but I was hoping to. Would of been nice to follow the established pattern. :D
Scholar
#110 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:13 AM
This anonymous caller is constantly throwing money at my sims.
Needless to say, I put phones everywhere and sims have to drop everything to get that call when it rings

Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sortyero29
So far, I haven't seen any Newbies in Sims 4, but I was hoping to. Would of been nice to follow the established pattern. :D
from my understanding, Sims4 pre-made characters are either older Sims2 pre-made characters or descendants of Sims2 pre-made characters. so the Newbies in Sims4 would probably be Brokes; either the Broke children (Dustin, Beau, Brandi's unborn child) grown up or their descendants.
Test Subject
#112 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 12:01 AM
TS1 has ruined comic sans for me- I swear.
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#113 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 1:25 PM Last edited by maxon : 7th Sep 2016 at 2:25 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Not sure what Frankie's doing!

He's singing opera obviously.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
#114 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
He's singing opera obviously.

'Just one cornetto, give it to meeeeee....'
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:31 AM

....oh?

Damn.

I'm also 0/3 on genie wishes. This game is hard.
#116 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM
@schwimmbad17 I tried for so long to get a screenshot of that hoax call, but it's only ever happened once and I was so excited (for 30 seconds) that I forgot! I hope your sims have a better week soon.

Today I managed to get the non-US neighbourhood roads into my US-English Complete Collection.

US:

UK:
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:52 PM
I had a picture of Claire getting attacked by the bees and running away, but I accidentally copied the house picture to the clipboard. So here it is, my Wrong Test sim's house:

It is a version of my Spooky Nightclub in FreeSO, tweaked so it suits the needs of a snob sim who's also into supernatural. And here he is, with his custom outfit made in "The Sims Creator" :

Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:14 AM

I'm becoming a master at dating. My sims need the friends, haha.

I accidentally threw a party instead of inviting over a neighbor. I've never actually done that before, and it was weird to me that a bunch of strangers showed up...

It did give my sim a chance to practice her magic, though. She turned him into a toad.

I've made probably 6 or 7 genie wishes and have yet to get a positive outcome! And the wish after this resulted in a bunch of bills! Will my sims ever catch a break???

I also noticed while I was playing that the hula dancer in the hula dancer lamp actually dances! I thought it was a cute detail.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:04 AM
I got really excited to find a sims 1 picture thread. Dear photobucket, go pound sand.

Love the house mixa97sr posted. It also happens to be pretty much the only one left on this page.

I was testing the 3d beta. Of course I chose the iconic Goths.

Then this Lady showed up. Unfortunately I didn't get the epic sound effects with it

Morty was into it, or was he? Hard to read his facial expressions.

Page 5 of 5