Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Zhumi : 17th Dec 2018 at 7:39 PM.
Default WCIF a mod that lets you control the precise age of a sim
I'm not talking about going into CAS or using some other mod to change the age, I'm talking about the specific age in days to control when a sims ages up. For example, in the Sims 3 with Master Controller, I had all sims age up according to their group. Like, all lifespans were a multiple of 8: so babies would be 8 days, children 16 days, teens 32 days, etc etc, and every 8th day would be a birthday. Then, after babies aged into toddlers, I would allow sims to get pregnant randomly, and thus a new group is born. It was laggy during birthday-day because every sim that was aging into a different age would age on the same day, but I loved having that control.

Is there a way for me to do that with the Sims 4? For right now, I have aging turned off and have categorized all 200+ of my sims into groups in another document. So, when I feel like aging them up, I'll manually change the age of everyone that's in the last stage of whatever age they are. But that's tiring, because elders don't die. And you can't CAS a baby, so I have to go to each household with a baby and age them myself. It's tedious, so I find myself not aging them. I've been playing with the same group of YAs for... weeks because I'm too lazy to go and age up all the teens, children, toddlers, young adults, adults, babies, and kill some elders.

So... is there a mod?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:23 PM
I don't use the age duration myself, but MCCC does have it where you can do it yourself. babies are treated like objects in the game, but I believe you can still set the age span for everyone, including babies and pets. have you checked that one out?
And littlemssam has a mod where you can let friends (a child mod) age up at the same time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
I don't use the age duration myself, but MCCC does have it where you can do it yourself. babies are treated like objects in the game, but I believe you can still set the age span for everyone, including babies and pets. have you checked that one out?
And littlemssam has a mod where you can let friends (a child mod) age up at the same time.

Yes, I know about those mods and have both in my game. I've been using Sam's mod on groups to age them up so their birthday in days resets.

But what I was talking about was setting how many days a Sim is into their age. Like, for example, there's a teen and their lifespan is set to 32 days via MCCC. I wanted to know if it were possible to set that sim to 8 days old, 16 days old, etc, so that I have different groups of sims aging every 8 days instead of an entire age group aging at the same time or randomly.

To further explain, in the Sims 3 with Master Controller, I had age spans set to a multiple of 8 as explained above. I also had the entire town exactly 50/50. So, in a group, there would be 4 girls and 4 boys. In a teen age group, there would be 4 stages, so 16 girls and 16 boys at a time. On the 8th day, those that were age 0 in their teens become age 8, those that were age 8 become age 16, etc, etc, etc. Meanwhile, those that were 24 days old would age up into Young Adults on the 32nd day.

I never had too many or not enough babies, toddlers, teens, etc. I always had the exact number of sims for each age group that I wanted at all times.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zhumi
But what I was talking about was setting how many days a Sim is into their age. Like, for example, there's a teen and their lifespan is set to 32 days via MCCC. I wanted to know if it were possible to set that sim to 8 days old, 16 days old, etc, so that I have different groups of sims aging every 8 days instead of an entire age group aging at the same time or randomly.

This might be something entirely different, not sure, but found these settings in MCCC's "mc_settings.cfg" folder. Anyone know if this sets age by days? Like a toddler shows as 7 in the text. Is that 7 days? So if I changed it to 10 I would get 10 Sim days instead?

"Adopt_Neglected_Child": false,
"Age_Span_Adult": 24,
"Age_Span_Baby": 2,
"Age_Span_Cat_Adult": "21.0,24.0",
"Age_Span_Cat_Child": "1.0,1.5",
"Age_Span_Cat_Elder": "6.0,8.0",
"Age_Span_Child": 13,
"Age_Span_Dog_Adult": "17.0,20.0",
"Age_Span_Dog_Child": "1.0,1.5",
"Age_Span_Dog_Elder": "5.0,7.0",
"Age_Span_Elder": 10,
"Age_Span_Teen": 13,
"Age_Span_Toddler": 7,
"Age_Span_YoungAdult": 24,
"Allow_Teen_Parenting": false,
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:57 AM
[QUOTE=
"Adopt_Neglected_Child": false,
"Age_Span_Adult": 24,
"Age_Span_Baby": 2,
"Age_Span_Cat_Adult": "21.0,24.0",
"Age_Span_Cat_Child": "1.0,1.5",
"Age_Span_Cat_Elder": "6.0,8.0",
"Age_Span_Child": 13,
"Age_Span_Dog_Adult": "17.0,20.0",
"Age_Span_Dog_Child": "1.0,1.5",
"Age_Span_Dog_Elder": "5.0,7.0",
"Age_Span_Elder": 10,
"Age_Span_Teen": 13,
"Age_Span_Toddler": 7,
"Age_Span_YoungAdult": 24,
"Allow_Teen_Parenting": false,[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think this is it. You need MCCC to do this. Click on the MCCC Settings button, then Set Age Span Duration, all the numbers are days, so you can set them how you like. It also looks like you can put in a range by putting two divided by a comma like the Age Span Dog ones? Is this what you meant?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:49 AM
You can change it in mc_settings.cfg file directly or the in-game menu.

Dogs and Cats aging is a little different, when it says "Age_Span_Dog_Adult": "17.0,20.0", means it could age up to elder anytime between 17 to 20 days, it's random in between, I guess depending on the health of your dog.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 3:59 AM
Thank you everyone for trying to help, but changing the lifespan isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I want to change how old specific sims are. For example, teenagers Jane Doe and John Doe both have lifespans of 32 days, but I want to set Jane at 16 days into her lifespan while setting John at 8.

In any case, I'm sure now that what I'm looking for doesn't exist for the Sims 4.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 7:54 PM
You know, perhaps asking Deaderpool, or going on MCCC's discord may be of more service. If MCCC doesn't do it for you, maybe that will be an added feature in the future. I read and re-read your request, but I didn't make the connection and come to the right conclusion, but you explained yourself well. I am amazed and amused by all the outside-the-box thinking players do.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:58 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 21st Dec 2018 at 7:57 AM.
Hi Zhumi...I think I know what you are talking about. I remember using that mod to change my YA sims to be around 21 days into their aging cycle (or I'd have them eat from the life fruit bush a few times).

*Edit: I just found this script mod on twistedmexi site https://www.patreon.com/TwistedMexi it's free. Adjust Days: You can specify a positive or negative number to adjust the age bar (start small and test) sims.age_add_progress #

That command won't automatically update your age bar so you have to use this after: sims.request_age_progress_update

The age bar will update but it will take a few minutes before the "days until age up" number is correct.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
Hi Zhumi...I think I know what you are talking about. I remember using that mod to change my YA sims to be around 21 days into their aging cycle (or I'd have them eat from the life fruit bush a few times).

*Edit: I just found this script mod on twistedmexi site https://www.patreon.com/TwistedMexi it's free. Adjust Days: You can specify a positive or negative number to adjust the age bar (start small and test) sims.age_add_progress #

That command won't automatically update your age bar so you have to use this after: sims.request_age_progress_update

The age bar will update but it will take a few minutes before the "days until age up" number is correct.

Oh my God, thank you so much! The TwistedMexi mod is what I'm looking for. I'm so excited that it exists, thank you again! I tested it on one of my Elder sims and I was able to take her from being 12 days into her age back down to 5.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 4:58 AM
How do you use the script mod and make it work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
How do you use the script mod and make it work?

Download this mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/fix-your-sims-22807008

Then, in game open your cheats bar by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C.

Now, select a sim.

What I did was first enter "sims.age_add_progress -70" into the cheats bar. This will take away the days (so long as you don't have the age span set over 70?) so that it essentially resets to 0 (your sim will not be negative days old). You can use any number, really. But I used that since I had my age spans set really high and needed a fast way to set each sim to 0 instead of manually looking into how old they actually were.

Then, I entered some variation of this "sims.age_add_progress 8." That cheat added 8 days to the age bar of the sim I took down to 0. And so now, my teen sim went from 62 days old to 0 to 8.

Now, you don't have to do the first part if you already know how many days old your sim is and just want to add or take away a day into their age span. You can go right to the second part and just put "sims.age_add_progress -#" or "sims.age_add_progress #"

After you have that, nothing will change on its own. You have to then enter "sims.request_age_progress_update".

So, you're entering 2-3 commands in the cheat bar to make this work. I hope that helps!

Also, this only does sims one at a time. My over-controlling self actually entered each and every household and did this for nearly 200 sims. But, yeah. My game is how I want it to be now.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:21 PM
Thank you, I'll try doing that, and Merry Christmas!
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:53 PM
Making me feel so old